More info about growing virtual trees and OpenLife

More info about growing virtual trees and OpenLife

JaniP
Hi,

last time there was some debate where the code for openlife trees was coming from. I interviewed Sakai: It seems to be their own code:

Virtual growing trees and grass in OpenLife

Best regards,
Jani

Re: More info about growing virtual trees and OpenLife

Stefan Andersson
Um, excuse me for coming off as a total noob, but; there should be nothing stopping us from enabling trees to have ossl scripts in opensim, right?

Or, do we already have that?

Best regards,
Stefan Andersson
Tribal Media AB

Re: More info about growing virtual trees and OpenLife

Adam Johnson
IIRC Adam Zaius had growing forests in OpenSim working over a year
ago.. Not sure what the current status of that is. Adam?

--
Adam Johnson
COO, Genkii

Follow me on:
http://twitter.com/adjohn
http://www.linkedin.com/in/adjohn

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 4:19 PM, Stefan Andersson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Um, excuse me for coming off as a total noob, but; there should be nothing
> stopping us from enabling trees to have ossl scripts in opensim, right?
>
> Or, do we already have that?
>
> Best regards,
> Stefan Andersson
> Tribal Media AB
>

> ________________________________
> Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 00:18:22 +0200
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: [Opensim-users] More info about growing virtual trees and OpenLife
>
> Hi,
> last time there was some debate where the code for openlife trees was coming
> from. I interviewed Sakai: It seems to be their own code:
> Virtual growing trees and grass in OpenLife
> http://www.cybertechnews.org/?p=822
>
> Best regards,
> Jani

Re: More info about growing virtual trees and OpenLife

Stefan Andersson
Yeah, but that was/is a separate module. I'm talking about attaching OSSL scripts to trees and grass.

Best regards,
Stefan Andersson
Tribal Media AB