More public domain clothing textures (adult themes)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

More public domain clothing textures (adult themes)

LaeMing
Nothing pornographic, but definitely adult. Mostly very sassy T-shirts and
knickers, and a few boxer-shorts for the guys.

Enjoy.

This page isn't linked from my main site as my nieces and nephews know the
address.

http://home.exetel.com.au/impact/os-textures-adult.shtml
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: More public domain clothing textures (adult themes)

Karen Palen
Thank you for posting this LaeMing!

I am inspired to create a give away box of these for several public grids, I assume that this was the reason you posted the images :-)

However with this month's Second Life witch hunt being about "priated content" - that is anything you can't prove you have created or have explicit permission to posses is "pirated" I am hesitant to do that.

I expect that the Second Life hysteria will eventually make its way into the OpenSimulator worlds as various "authorities" compete to show how "tough" they can be on the "problem".

You might want to look at including an explicit Creative Commons license statement on your website:

http://creativecommons.org/choose/

This won't silence the hysteria, but it should at least provide the feeble defense that all of the use is lawful and has your explicit permission rather than whatever the accuser decides that you "meant to say".

Karen

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 3:28 PM, LaeMing <[hidden email]> wrote:
Nothing pornographic, but definitely adult. Mostly very sassy T-shirts and
knickers, and a few boxer-shorts for the guys.

Enjoy.

This page isn't linked from my main site as my nieces and nephews know the
address.

http://home.exetel.com.au/impact/os-textures-adult.shtml
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users


_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: More public domain clothing textures (adult themes)

James Stallings II
For what it's worth:

I am probably one of those referred to as 'various "authorities"'.

While I do not speak for everyone (no one does in an opensource project), I can attempt relate the official position of the largest of the open grids (the only open grid?) based on opensimulator: OSGrid. Others may correct me, or support me, or perhaps add to what I state, I encourage this; our position is not one of extremity or hysteria, and as I say, though I am in something of a position of authority at OSGrid, I am anything but the final word.

Basically, we do not tolerate 'ripping content', where ripping is literal theft. However, we do require proof of guilt, as opposed to proof of innocence; and our options with respect to responding to a circumstance wherein someone has demonstrably committed a theft of content are largely limited to removal of the content from our asset servers.

When I say proof, I do not mean that the complainant shows up with identical content to the alleged thief and asserts guilt. By proof I mean that said content has to be proven unique and originally created or licensed by the complainant. Further, the complainant must observe the following procedures and provide the following related documentation:

         - the complainant has to have such proof of ownership or licensing as will stand up to scrutiny in a court of law
         - the complainant must be willing to file appropriate DMCA takedown paperwork and go on record as the owner of the content or a valid license thereto
         - the complainant must be willing to follow through on the legal process once a takedown order has been issued to the alleged content thief

We at OSGrid have little interest in policing the several thousand semi-anonymous region operators of the regions on OSGrid; nor do we have a legal obligation to do so, any more than Vint Cerf has an obligation to police the world wide web. The responsibility for prosecuting a legal case of content theft lies with the offended party, and while we will do anything we are able to do in the interest of of supporting a legitimate claim (strictly in the interest of proper legal action), slander, defamation, or other persecution of an alleged offender will not be tolerated.

This should not be interpreted as a license to steal by the operators of OSGrid. It is, however, notice that we will not become involved in petty, do-it-yourself justice attempts or similar vigilantism. Further, it is intended to set at ease those who wish to offer free content to the residents of our grid.

In this interest, as such a content creator or someone who has an interest in disseminating such content, you are encouraged to provide proper documentation of the content with respect to your role in creating or disseminating such content *with the content at the time of delivery*, along with a commonly accepted license stating how and under what conditions it may be used.

As with the real world, you are responsible for your own actions and perforce it behooves you to protect yourself in such ways as you are able.

I salute those of you for your contribution of content made freely available to all, and I encourage everyone concerned to avoid stooping to such base insinuations as precipitated this response.

If in doubt, ask; we didn't participate in the creation of open source software (and an open access grid based upon it), in order to entrap or ensnare anyone; indeed, openness and availability of content are the hallmarks of our organization and community. This does not, however, obviate the need to behave responsibly with respect to property.

Thanks and kindest regards
James G. Stalling II aka Hiro Protagonist
OSGrid Admin and SimHost.com hosting provider


On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 9:49 PM, Karen Palen <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thank you for posting this LaeMing!

I am inspired to create a give away box of these for several public grids, I assume that this was the reason you posted the images :-)

However with this month's Second Life witch hunt being about "priated content" - that is anything you can't prove you have created or have explicit permission to posses is "pirated" I am hesitant to do that.

I expect that the Second Life hysteria will eventually make its way into the OpenSimulator worlds as various "authorities" compete to show how "tough" they can be on the "problem".

You might want to look at including an explicit Creative Commons license statement on your website:

http://creativecommons.org/choose/

This won't silence the hysteria, but it should at least provide the feeble defense that all of the use is lawful and has your explicit permission rather than whatever the accuser decides that you "meant to say".

Karen


On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 3:28 PM, LaeMing <[hidden email]> wrote:
Nothing pornographic, but definitely adult. Mostly very sassy T-shirts and
knickers, and a few boxer-shorts for the guys.

Enjoy.

This page isn't linked from my main site as my nieces and nephews know the
address.

http://home.exetel.com.au/impact/os-textures-adult.shtml
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users


_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users




--
===================================
http://osgrid.org
http://twitter.com/jstallings2
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/5/770/a49

_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: More public domain clothing textures (adult themes)

Karen Palen


On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 9:08 PM, James Stallings II <[hidden email]> wrote:
For what it's worth:

I am probably one of those referred to as 'various "authorities"'.


Actually to judge by your posting I would class you as one of the "voices of reason" LOL

A review of the various Second Life blogs and newsletters shows the sad state of affairs in Second Life right now. "reason" and "due process" seem to be the

I am not aware of any of the hysteria and vigilantism spreading to the OpenSim grids - YET!

I only hope that it never does, and my posting was/is intended to aid that goal.

Karen

_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: More public domain clothing textures (adult themes)

LaeMing
Hi,

thanx for the encouragement. Not really being a coder, I feel I want to
contribute somehow.

My fun little boilerplate on the top of the page is a not-quite-serious jab at
the "that-vaguely-resembles-my-one-you-stole-my-idea-you-content-thief"
hysteria that has been present on SL-exchange (now X-Street SL) as long as I
have been using the service (though I have never had it directed at me).
Though, in Australian Law at least (we all know the USA is legally weird :-P
), what I said is all true AFAIK. I have more to worry about from Australia's
newly infamous net-porn thought-crime laws for this set! :-/

I considered a CC license for these, but I really want these to be fully
Public Domain, if only because they were so easy to produce from well-
established memes, that to claim any rights over them at all would be plain
silly. I have other stuff I will be releasing (one day) under other licenses
because they took me more than five minutes of slack time between service
call-outs at work to make.

Again, thanks for the feedback.

Lae

On Saturday May 22 2010 15:42:31 Karen Palen wrote:

> On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 9:08 PM, James Stallings II <
>
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> > For what it's worth:
> >
> > I am probably one of those referred to as 'various "authorities"'.
>
> Actually to judge by your posting I would class you as one of the "voices
> of reason" LOL
>
> A review of the various Second Life blogs and newsletters shows the sad
> state of affairs in Second Life right now. "reason" and "due process" seem
> to be the
>
> I am not aware of any of the hysteria and vigilantism spreading to the
> OpenSim grids - YET!
>
> I only hope that it never does, and my posting was/is intended to aid that
> goal.
>
> Karen
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: More public domain clothing textures (adult themes)

Karen Palen
Ok thanks LaeMing,

I will include a formal version of that in the T-shirts I make and distribute from your work!

Sadly the SL hysteria is only an echo of what is happening in RL. All we can do is try ot avoid repeating the mistakes.

Oh yes - KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!

Karen

On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 12:31 AM, LaeMing <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

thanx for the encouragement. Not really being a coder, I feel I want to
contribute somehow.

My fun little boilerplate on the top of the page is a not-quite-serious jab at
the "that-vaguely-resembles-my-one-you-stole-my-idea-you-content-thief"
hysteria that has been present on SL-exchange (now X-Street SL) as long as I
have been using the service (though I have never had it directed at me).
Though, in Australian Law at least (we all know the USA is legally weird :-P
), what I said is all true AFAIK. I have more to worry about from Australia's
newly infamous net-porn thought-crime laws for this set! :-/

I considered a CC license for these, but I really want these to be fully
Public Domain, if only because they were so easy to produce from well-
established memes, that to claim any rights over them at all would be plain
silly. I have other stuff I will be releasing (one day) under other licenses
because they took me more than five minutes of slack time between service
call-outs at work to make.

Again, thanks for the feedback.

Lae

On Saturday May 22 2010 15:42:31 Karen Palen wrote:
> On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 9:08 PM, James Stallings II <
>
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> > For what it's worth:
> >
> > I am probably one of those referred to as 'various "authorities"'.
>
> Actually to judge by your posting I would class you as one of the "voices
> of reason" LOL
>
> A review of the various Second Life blogs and newsletters shows the sad
> state of affairs in Second Life right now. "reason" and "due process" seem
> to be the
>
> I am not aware of any of the hysteria and vigilantism spreading to the
> OpenSim grids - YET!
>
> I only hope that it never does, and my posting was/is intended to aid that
> goal.
>
> Karen
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users


_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users