Multi-user simulation design question (Irina Lipov) (Fred Beckhusen

Multi-user simulation design question (Irina Lipov) (Fred Beckhusen

Fred Beckhusen
re: 1. Multi-user simulation design question (Irina Lipov)

> You could use a simple LSL scanner that only allowed certain avatars
> into a region.  If they are not on the list, it would teleport them
> back to the welcome region.    Stock Opensim or a DreamGrid setup on
> Windows can do this easily.  For example, set up user accounts names
> such as Region One, Region Two, etc. Name the regions the same way.
> Add a Welcome region.   Put a script in a prim in each region that
> periodically checks if an Avatar name matches the region name, or
> not.  If not, teleport them to Welcome.
>
> If you are on Windows, you can run a copy of Dreamgrid, and even run a
> copy on  on each PC, which solves the problem with no coding.  You can
> easily disable hypergrid in the Settings so they can't go anywhere but
> to their own pre-set up region(s). It's a full region server that
> starts with just a few clicks on a LAN.   Copy it from a server and
> load the startup OAR with a few clicks.  - about 200 MB in zip form
> for the entire system. It can also run on a thumb drive.
>
> https://www.outworldz.com/Outworldz_installer/
> <https://www.outworldz.com/Outworldz_installer/>
>
> Fred
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2019 18:39:40 +0200
> From: Irina Lipov <[hidden email]>
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: [Opensim-users] Multi-user simulation design question
>
> Hi,
> I am developing multi-user educational simulation
> Each user (student) should "get" the same instance of the simulation. But
> they should not be able to "visit/ work on" each other simulation.(I.e. the
> same avatar "works" in the laboratory, but each student plays with him and
> laboratory as he wants)  As well users around the web should not be able to
> "enter" our wold.
> What should be a correct approach/design for such application?

---

Re: Multi-user simulation design question (Irina Lipov) (Fred Beckhusen

Irina Lipov
Thank you,
Follow-up question: How do I manage the users dynamically? I.e. if at the
beginning I have 2 users and afterwards I have 15 users - does it mean that
I need to create 15 region from the beginning? Should it cause performance
issues? (And if we will have 50 / 100 users.....)
Thanks

On Wed, Nov 20, 2019 at 7:35 PM Fred Beckhusen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> re: 1. Multi-user simulation design question (Irina Lipov)
> >
> > You could use a simple LSL scanner that only allowed certain avatars
> > into a region.  If they are not on the list, it would teleport them
> > back to the welcome region.    Stock Opensim or a DreamGrid setup on
> > Windows can do this easily.  For example, set up user accounts names
> > such as Region One, Region Two, etc. Name the regions the same way.
> > Add a Welcome region.   Put a script in a prim in each region that
> > periodically checks if an Avatar name matches the region name, or
> > not.  If not, teleport them to Welcome.
> >
> > If you are on Windows, you can run a copy of Dreamgrid, and even run a
> > copy on  on each PC, which solves the problem with no coding.  You can
> > easily disable hypergrid in the Settings so they can't go anywhere but
> > to their own pre-set up region(s). It's a full region server that
> > starts with just a few clicks on a LAN.   Copy it from a server and
> > load the startup OAR with a few clicks.  - about 200 MB in zip form
> > for the entire system. It can also run on a thumb drive.
> >
> > https://www.outworldz.com/Outworldz_installer/
> > <https://www.outworldz.com/Outworldz_installer/>
> >
> > Fred
> >
> > Message: 1
> > Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2019 18:39:40 +0200
> > From: Irina Lipov <[hidden email]>
> > To: [hidden email]
> > Subject: [Opensim-users] Multi-user simulation design question
> >
> > Hi,
> > I am developing multi-user educational simulation
> > Each user (student) should "get" the same instance of the simulation. But
> > they should not be able to "visit/ work on" each other simulation.(I.e.
> the
> > same avatar "works" in the laboratory, but each student plays with him
> and
> > laboratory as he wants)  As well users around the web should not be able
> > "enter" our wold.
> > What should be a correct approach/design for such application?
> >

> ---

Best,
Irena

Re: Multi-user simulation design question (Irina Lipov) (Fred Beckhusen

Dr Ramesh Ramloll
Fred's no coding approach that he suggested would work better for  you I
think.
Then you just need to run the one instance from a thumbdrive on each user's
machine, as he indicated.

On Wed, Nov 20, 2019 at 1:04 PM Irina Lipov <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thank you,
> Follow-up question: How do I manage the users dynamically? I.e. if at the
> beginning I have 2 users and afterwards I have 15 users - does it mean that
> I need to create 15 region from the beginning? Should it cause performance
> issues? (And if we will have 50 / 100 users.....)
> Thanks
>
> On Wed, Nov 20, 2019 at 7:35 PM Fred Beckhusen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > re: 1. Multi-user simulation design question (Irina Lipov)
> > >
> > > You could use a simple LSL scanner that only allowed certain avatars
> > > into a region.  If they are not on the list, it would teleport them
> > > back to the welcome region.    Stock Opensim or a DreamGrid setup on
> > > Windows can do this easily.  For example, set up user accounts names
> > > such as Region One, Region Two, etc. Name the regions the same way.
> > > Add a Welcome region.   Put a script in a prim in each region that
> > > periodically checks if an Avatar name matches the region name, or
> > > not.  If not, teleport them to Welcome.
> > >
> > > If you are on Windows, you can run a copy of Dreamgrid, and even run a
> > > copy on  on each PC, which solves the problem with no coding.  You can
> > > easily disable hypergrid in the Settings so they can't go anywhere but
> > > to their own pre-set up region(s). It's a full region server that
> > > starts with just a few clicks on a LAN.   Copy it from a server and
> > > load the startup OAR with a few clicks.  - about 200 MB in zip form
> > > for the entire system. It can also run on a thumb drive.
> > >
> > > https://www.outworldz.com/Outworldz_installer/
> > > <https://www.outworldz.com/Outworldz_installer/>
> > >
> > > Fred
> > >
> > > Message: 1
> > > Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2019 18:39:40 +0200
> > > From: Irina Lipov <[hidden email]>
> > > To: [hidden email]
> > > Subject: [Opensim-users] Multi-user simulation design question
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > > I am developing multi-user educational simulation
> > > Each user (student) should "get" the same instance of the simulation.
> But
> > > they should not be able to "visit/ work on" each other simulation.(I.e.
> > the
> > > same avatar "works" in the laboratory, but each student plays with him
> > and
> > > laboratory as he wants)  As well users around the web should not be
> able
> > > "enter" our wold.
> > > What should be a correct approach/design for such application?
> > >

> > ---

> Best,
> Irena

*Rameshsharma Ramloll* PhD, CEO CTO DeepSemaphore LLC, Landisville, PA;
Affiliate *Research Associate Professor*, Idaho State University,
Pocatello, ID 83209 Tel: 208-240-0040
LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/in/rameshramloll>

Re: Multi-user simulation design question (Irina Lipov) (Fred Beckhusen

Dr Ramesh Ramloll
And with each instance running separately on their own PCs/laptops,
performance should not be a concern.

On Wed, Nov 20, 2019 at 1:37 PM Dr Ramesh Ramloll <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Fred's no coding approach that he suggested would work better for  you I
> think.
> Then you just need to run the one instance from a thumbdrive on each
> user's machine, as he indicated.
>
> On Wed, Nov 20, 2019 at 1:04 PM Irina Lipov <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Thank you,
>> Follow-up question: How do I manage the users dynamically? I.e. if at the
>> beginning I have 2 users and afterwards I have 15 users - does it mean
>> that
>> I need to create 15 region from the beginning? Should it cause performance
>> issues? (And if we will have 50 / 100 users.....)
>> Thanks
>>
>> On Wed, Nov 20, 2019 at 7:35 PM Fred Beckhusen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> > re: 1. Multi-user simulation design question (Irina Lipov)

>> But
>> simulation.(I.e.
>> > the
>> > and
>> able
>> > >

>> > ---

>> --
>> Best,
>> Irena

> 'Consider how the lilies grow. They do not labor or spin.'
> *Rameshsharma Ramloll* PhD, CEO CTO DeepSemaphore LLC, Landisville, PA;
> Affiliate *Research Associate Professor*, Idaho State University,
> Pocatello, ID 83209 Tel: 208-240-0040
> LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/in/rameshramloll>

*Rameshsharma Ramloll* PhD, CEO CTO DeepSemaphore LLC, Landisville, PA;
Affiliate *Research Associate Professor*, Idaho State University,
Pocatello, ID 83209 Tel: 208-240-0040
LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/in/rameshramloll>

mono 6.4.0 libgdiplus memory leak

AJLDuarte
Hi

     we have confirmed reports that current mono stable (6.4.0.198) has
memory leaks.

     Issue seems to be on its new  libgdiplus

     see http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=8630

Ubit

Re: mono 6.4.0 libgdiplus memory leak

Dr Ramesh Ramloll
Thanks for sharing Ubit, we do a massive amount of dynamic texture
writing... so this is probably explaining what is happening on our end.