Mumble Development

hack13
I am not advertising per-say this and if I shouldn't post this here
let me know. But we already have 5 backers and 130usd so far for any
developer who can fix the opensim side of Mumble voice module.
Firestorm team's Cinder Roxley is already upgrading the client to be
included for any viewer who wants to put it in their system to
automatically switch out voice modules depending on region.

https://www.bountysource.com/issues/1367336-overhaul <-- how to join
the bounty or claim it

Re: Mumble Development

Zandramas
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Mumble Development

justincc
I think it would be great to have this working again as well and I suspect it wouldn't be all that hard.  Unfortunately,
I have absolutely no spare time at the moment otherwise to look at it myself.

One problem with the original module is that it is GPL licensed rather than BSD.  Personally, I have nothing against the
GPL but it makes it practically impossible to ever include in the BSD licensed OpenSimulator core.

It would be really nice if it were BSD licensed instead but I don't know how practical that is.

On 26/01/14 23:18, Zandramas wrote:

> I really do believe in this Project to get Mumble working, I think this could
> be a huge benefit for the opensim community.
>
> Especially with the outrageous prices for ViVox this could really save the
> day for having an alternative voice solution.
>
> Looks like it is up to $130.00 at the moment if anyone has any ideas of how
> much they would want for this to be done write in here so we can work on
> increasing it.

OSVW Consulting

Re: Mumble Development

hack13
Well we could write to Vcomm Ltd and ask to change the license

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 5:11 PM, Justin Clark-Casey
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think it would be great to have this working again as well and I suspect
> it wouldn't be all that hard.  Unfortunately, I have absolutely no spare
> time at the moment otherwise to look at it myself.
>
> One problem with the original module is that it is GPL licensed rather than
> BSD.  Personally, I have nothing against the GPL but it makes it practically
> impossible to ever include in the BSD licensed OpenSimulator core.
>
> It would be really nice if it were BSD licensed instead but I don't know how
> practical that is.
>
> On 26/01/14 23:18, Zandramas wrote:
>>
>> I really do believe in this Project to get Mumble working, I think this
>> could
>> be a huge benefit for the opensim community.
>>
>> Especially with the outrageous prices for ViVox this could really save the
>> day for having an alternative voice solution.
>>
>> Looks like it is up to $130.00 at the moment if anyone has any ideas of
>> how
>> much they would want for this to be done write in here so we can work on
>> increasing it.
>>

>> --

> Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
> OSVW Consulting
> http://justincc.org
> http://twitter.com/justincc

Re: Mumble Development

justincc
Would be great if someone could investigate that.

On 28/01/14 00:22, Timothy Rogers wrote:

> Well we could write to Vcomm Ltd and ask to change the license
>
> On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 5:11 PM, Justin Clark-Casey
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I think it would be great to have this working again as well and I suspect
>> it wouldn't be all that hard.  Unfortunately, I have absolutely no spare
>> time at the moment otherwise to look at it myself.
>>
>> One problem with the original module is that it is GPL licensed rather than
>> BSD.  Personally, I have nothing against the GPL but it makes it practically
>> impossible to ever include in the BSD licensed OpenSimulator core.
>>
>> It would be really nice if it were BSD licensed instead but I don't know how
>> practical that is.
>>
>> On 26/01/14 23:18, Zandramas wrote:
>>>
>>> I really do believe in this Project to get Mumble working, I think this
>>> could
>>> be a huge benefit for the opensim community.
>>>
>>> Especially with the outrageous prices for ViVox this could really save the
>>> day for having an alternative voice solution.
>>>
>>> Looks like it is up to $130.00 at the moment if anyone has any ideas of
>>> how
>>> much they would want for this to be done write in here so we can work on
>>> increasing it.
>>>

>>> --
>>>

>> --
>> Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
>> OSVW Consulting
>> http://justincc.org
>> http://twitter.com/justincc

OSVW Consulting

Re: Mumble Development

BoneZ
At which version of opensim did mumble stop working?

On 1/25/2014 5:14 PM, Timothy Rogers wrote:

> I am not advertising per-say this and if I shouldn't post this here
> let me know. But we already have 5 backers and 130usd so far for any
> developer who can fix the opensim side of Mumble voice module.
> Firestorm team's Cinder Roxley is already upgrading the client to be
> included for any viewer who wants to put it in their system to
> automatically switch out voice modules depending on region.
>
> https://www.bountysource.com/issues/1367336-overhaul <-- how to join
> the bounty or claim it

Re: Mumble Development

Rick Anderson
I've been having a lot success with webRTC,http://www.webrtc.org/ , in my web projects. It would be amazing to see this tech find it's way into openSim. It's peer2peer voice, video, and data. I know it's mostly a web technology, but it would be amazing to see it integrated into viewers, and openSim worlds.

--Rick

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 8:49 PM, BoneZ <[hidden email]> wrote:
At which version of opensim did mumble stop working?

On 1/25/2014 5:14 PM, Timothy Rogers wrote:
I am not advertising per-say this and if I shouldn't post this here
let me know. But we already have 5 backers and 130usd so far for any
developer who can fix the opensim side of Mumble voice module.
Firestorm team's Cinder Roxley is already upgrading the client to be
included for any viewer who wants to put it in their system to
automatically switch out voice modules depending on region.

https://www.bountysource.com/issues/1367336-overhaul <-- how to join
the bounty or claim it

Rick Anderson
Director of Virtual Worlds