Mumble/Murmur not working in Diva r15402/Opensim 0.7.1

Mumble/Murmur not working in Diva r15402/Opensim 0.7.1

aiaustin

>From: "Bernd" <[hidden email]>
>
>Yes, if you recompile Murmur for 0.7.1 Release - it will work
>
>if you recompile Murmur for 0.7.2 DEV it will not work (error CS0234: The
>type or namespace name `Capabilities' does not exist in the namespace
>`OpenSim.Framework'. Are you missing an assembly reference?)

Can you Mantis that Bernd so that the capability entries for murmur
get added to 0.7.2 dev as well?

Anyone else who spots add on modules that require the capabilities
tables being added to should try to do the same to allow 0.7.2 with
its new capabilities driven modular structure to move ahead.

Re: Mumble/Murmur not working in Diva r15402/Opensim 0.7.1

Diva Canto
For 0.7.2 dev, in whatever prebuild people have for those addons that
used OpenSim.Framework Capabilities, change the reference from
OpenSim.Framework.Capabilities to OpenSim.Capabilities -- just in the
prebuild or references of the project, not in the "using" statements.
The name of the dll changed; the namespace didn't (yet), because
namespace changes are the most problematic of all refactoring changes.

On 5/8/2011 3:33 AM, Ai Austin wrote:

>> From: "Bernd" <[hidden email]>
>>
>> Yes, if you recompile Murmur for 0.7.1 Release - it will work
>>
>> if you recompile Murmur for 0.7.2 DEV it will not work (error CS0234:
>> The
>> type or namespace name `Capabilities' does not exist in the namespace
>> `OpenSim.Framework'. Are you missing an assembly reference?)
>
> Can you Mantis that Bernd so that the capability entries for murmur
> get added to 0.7.2 dev as well?
>
> Anyone else who spots add on modules that require the capabilities
> tables being added to should try to do the same to allow 0.7.2 with
> its new capabilities driven modular structure to move ahead.

Re: Mumble/Murmur not working in Diva r15402/Opensim 0.7.1

Bernd
Gr8 Diva, after change the MurmurVoice.dll.build it will work for 0.7.2

> For 0.7.2 dev, in whatever prebuild people have for those addons that
> used OpenSim.Framework Capabilities, change the reference from
> OpenSim.Framework.Capabilities to OpenSim.Capabilities -- just in the
> prebuild or references of the project, not in the "using" statements.
> The name of the dll changed; the namespace didn't (yet), because
> namespace changes are the most problematic of all refactoring changes.
>
> On 5/8/2011 3:33 AM, Ai Austin wrote:
>>
>>> From: "Bernd" <[hidden email]>
>>>
>>> Yes, if you recompile Murmur for 0.7.1 Release - it will work
>>>
>>> if you recompile Murmur for 0.7.2 DEV it will not work (error CS0234:
>>> The
>>> type or namespace name `Capabilities' does not exist in the namespace
>>> `OpenSim.Framework'. Are you missing an assembly reference?)
>>
>> Can you Mantis that Bernd so that the capability entries for murmur
>> get added to 0.7.2 dev as well?
>>
>> Anyone else who spots add on modules that require the capabilities
>> tables being added to should try to do the same to allow 0.7.2 with
>> its new capabilities driven modular structure to move ahead.

Re: Mumble/Murmur not working in Diva r15402/Opensim 0.7.1

>From: Diva Canto <[hidden email]>
>For 0.7.2 dev, in whatever prebuild people have for those addons that
>used OpenSim.Framework Capabilities, change the reference from
>OpenSim.Framework.Capabilities to OpenSim.Capabilities -- just in the
>prebuild or references of the project, not in the "using" statements.
>The name of the dll changed; the namespace didn't (yet), because
>namespace changes are the most problematic of all refactoring changes.

Thanks Diva... can I check some things:

a) Will FreeSwitch already work with the 0.7.2 dev versions in the
Master branch.. or has the capabilities ref for that module not
altered yet?  I get a message saying that the viewer is having
trouble connecting to the voice server.  Which I have not seen until
I tried 0.7.2 dev master this morning.

b) Is any change needed to run Wifi 0.7.1 b with 0.7.2 dev master?

While I am asking about Wifi I noted a small change to the
Wifi.ini.example for the [DatabaseService] section in case you use
Diva.Data.MySQL.dll. I previously had StorageProvider =
Diva.Data.MySQL.dll references in a number of other sections
(GridService, UserAccounService, GridUserService)  in my
Robust.HG.ini file.  can those all be removed now if the
StorageProvider in [DatabaseService] is altered?   I commented the
other three instances out and it seems to work, but just wanted to be
sure as I am aware most things work without the Diva.Data version.

On 5/9/2011 6:16 AM, Ai Austin wrote:

> a) Will FreeSwitch already work with the 0.7.2 dev versions in the
> Master branch.. or has the capabilities ref for that module not
> altered yet?  I get a message saying that the viewer is having trouble
> connecting to the voice server.  Which I have not seen until I tried
> 0.7.2 dev master this morning.

It compiles. I don't know if it works, I was never able to make
Freeswitch work myself. The refactoring shouldn't have changed anything
in its functioning -- I didn't touch the optional modules.

> b) Is any change needed to run Wifi 0.7.1 b with 0.7.2 dev master?

If wifi-0.7.1 runs on 0.7.2-dev, it's pure coincidence! It will break
eventually. Here's how .NET works:

Executables can have any number of dynamic linked libraries (DLLs), but
if those DLLs' public interfaces change since the executable (and the
other DLLs) were produced, then they can't be loaded anymore. In other
words, if some OpenSim core DLL that Wifi depends upon changes its
public interface, then the Wifi DLLs can't be loaded.

That's the reason why I have been putting the release number on the wifi
package, so that there is no question about which executable and
collection of DLLs it is compatible with.

If ppl want to use Wifi with current master head, best shot is to
compile it against that code base. Obviously, I am not going to maintain
binary versions of Wifi for every single commit in master branch. If
someone cares to do it -- be my guest.

> While I am asking about Wifi I noted a small change to the
> Wifi.ini.example for the [DatabaseService] section in case you use
> Diva.Data.MySQL.dll. I previously had StorageProvider =
> Diva.Data.MySQL.dll references in a number of other sections
> (GridService, UserAccounService, GridUserService)  in my Robust.HG.ini
> file.  can those all be removed now if the StorageProvider in
> [DatabaseService] is altered?   I commented the other three instances
> out and it seems to work, but just wanted to be sure as I am aware
> most things work without the Diva.Data version.
Yes, it works.