MySQL connection string - pooling-false?

MySQL connection string - pooling-false?

Ai Austin
I have pooling=false on my MySQL connection string which I think was
copied over from an early Opensim.ini config file when I first set up
the data base many moons ago.  I notice its not in recent Opensim.ini
connection string examples.

Any advice on whether it should be removed or left in for good
technical reasons?

Re: MySQL connection string - pooling-false?

justincc
Ai Austin wrote:
> I have pooling=false on my MySQL connection string which I think was
> copied over from an early Opensim.ini config file when I first set up
> the data base many moons ago.  I notice its not in recent Opensim.ini
> connection string examples.
>
> Any advice on whether it should be removed or left in for good
> technical reasons?

The connection string is actually passed down directly to the MySQL .NET
connector.  Here's a reference

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/connector-net-programming-connection-options.html

The default setting is true so you should be fine either to leave it in or
remove it.