NAT Loopback Routers

Tom Willans
What routers do folk use. I have justy moved the Talk Talk and all there modem/routers do not include NAT Loopback. I have, on shop advice, purchased a Netgear R7000 but that does not seem to have it either.  NG Forum guy has now confirmed this does not either.

Thanks
Tom

Tom Willans BSc(Hons) MBCS CITP
Managing Director
Bessacarr Publications Ltd
3 Highfield, Hatton Park, Warwick, CV35 7TQ
[hidden email]
+44 (0)1926 402711
Registered in England and Wales at the above address.  Company No: 4925067. VAT No:GB 823 9317 24.

This e-mail is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Bessacarr Publications Ltd. If you are not the intended recipient you have received this e-mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. Please return it to the sender immediately. The contents of this message may be legally privileged.

Re: NAT Loopback Routers

Tom Willans
Thanks guys. I have two options of placing merlin-asus firmware on the R7000 or purchasing an Asus. The first is a bit scary and might not work in the U.K. The second depends upon getting a refund on my R7000.  Hmm.

I will check these out. Option 3 is booting up my old AWS server.

Tom Willans  BSc(Hons)  MBCS  CITP
Chartered IT Professional

Managing Director Bessacarr Publications Ltd
+44 (0)1926 402711
+44 (0)7988 127321
email: [hidden email]
skype: tom.willans
twitter: tomtiros

Sent from my mobile

On 12 Dec 2016, at 22:30, Marcus Llewellyn <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Hi Guys,

FYI. I chose the first option https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/NAT-Loopback-on-r7000/td-p/1186436 which has worked really well.

Thanks
Tom

On 13 Dec 2016, at 08:31, Tom Bess <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Unadecal Arado
I'm also a TalkTalk customer. When I got Fibre Broadband with BT in 2013, I purchased a BT Openreach ethernet bridge on eBay, which I connected to a PC running IPCop. I continued to use this setup when I moved to TalkTalk in September 2015. I find it extremely reliable and robust, and the port forwarding, firewall rules and OpenVPN features are flawless.

I have a whole grid and a few OsGrid regions behind one of the subnets of the IPCop firewall, and my home network with boxes, PCs, laptops and a few other networked devices on another subnet,  all on my domestic 64Mbps fibre provision.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you got on!

Unadecal Arado