Need Fix for a Corrupt Avatar Baked Texture File

Need Fix for a Corrupt Avatar Baked Texture File

Kay McLennan
After using the "appearance show" server command I discovered my avatar has "corrupt" baked textures.  Further, I may have compounded the problem by clearing my cache (with a note on the Imprudence Release Notes page -- at http://wiki.kokuaviewer.org/wiki/Imprudence:All_Release_Notes -- that reads, "Clearing cache causes "body parts not found" error and your avatar to login as a cloud").  Yet with the Imprudence log "workaround" to the "body parts not found" error to "change your shape then relog," when I try to change my avatar's shape I get a message that says, "Cannot change appearance until clothes and shape are loaded."

Note:  My seemingly permanent "gas" [corrupt baked textures] state started after switching back and forth a number of times between the SL viewer 2 and the Imprudence viewer 1.3.2.

Is there a way to fix an OpenSim avatar with corrupt baked textures?

Thank you in advance.

Best,
Kay

Re: Need Fix for a Corrupt Avatar Baked Texture File

Kay McLennan
Your suggestion worked like a charm -- thank you!  I couldn't drop the new folder onto my avatar but I was able to "replace" the [corrupted] avatar textures with the newly created avatar components in the new folder.

Again, thank you.

Best,
Kay

On Sat, Sep 24, 2011 at 6:00 AM, Neil Canham <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Ravenmyst
Goodie!!! This was a real fix for me....  If I emptied my cache and rebaked one more time (on 5 viewers) I would have smashed myself.  Thanks *hugs*

Re: Need Fix for a Corrupt Avatar Baked Texture File

mosthatedbish renard
very confused i tried this but i still get cannot change until the clothing and body parts load.. why doesnt mine work.

Re: Need Fix for a Corrupt Avatar Baked Texture File

mosthatedbish renard
un installed nd reinstalled imprudence for it to fix it so i could make a new shape and skin but i cannot wear anything of my old stuff. i think im leaving using imprudence until this issue is fixed thats horrible that you make a update version that you cant clear cache on or it deletes everything in your inventory