New Grid Test Setup - Cannot Set Avatar Home Position?

New Grid Test Setup - Cannot Set Avatar Home Position?

aiaustin
I am doing a trial setup of a new grid from the latest 0.7.6 dev
master r/22701 and have things installed correctly I hope...

I created (via the manual create user) a "master avatar" in the
Robust.exe server window before I started OpenSim.exe , and another
avatar to which I wanted to own the first region on startup.  That
seems to have worked fine.

The new region shows as owned by the intended avatar UUID in MySQL
database browser.

When I log on to the region however, the option to Set Home to Here"
is greyed out.  I even tried a shutdown and restart and its still
greyed out. Any thoughts as to why that might be or how its fixed?

I notice that a simple edit of the basic items of clothing also does
not "take" on the first attempt.. the clothing items and body part
gender change revert to te originals. But does "take" and is retained
when I do a second edit, which seems a bit odd.

Re: New Grid Test Setup - Cannot Set Avatar Home Position?

Chris M
I am running r/22702 and don't seem to be having any issues myself with
setting a home location. Tested by setting home location in several
points through out several different regions including root region;
however I am running the set up in simple standalone configuration using
OpenSim.32BitLaunch.exe so there may be some differences there.

As far as clothing edits not taking on the first try I am also noticing
this. There is a mantis posted for it here:

On 5/9/2013 10:27 AM, Ai Austin wrote:

> I am doing a trial setup of a new grid from the latest 0.7.6 dev
> master r/22701 and have things installed correctly I hope...
>
> I created (via the manual create user) a "master avatar" in the
> Robust.exe server window before I started OpenSim.exe , and another
> avatar to which I wanted to own the first region on startup.  That
> seems to have worked fine.
>
> The new region shows as owned by the intended avatar UUID in MySQL
> database browser.
>
> When I log on to the region however, the option to Set Home to Here"
> is greyed out.  I even tried a shutdown and restart and its still
> greyed out. Any thoughts as to why that might be or how its fixed?
>
> I notice that a simple edit of the basic items of clothing also does
> not "take" on the first attempt.. the clothing items and body part
> gender change revert to te originals. But does "take" and is retained
> when I do a second edit, which seems a bit odd.

OpenSim: 10 Region Standalone on 0.7.6 Dev
Physics: Open Dynamics Engine
OS: Windows 7 (x64)
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 840 3.2 GHz
Memory: 11 GB DDR3