Not Able to Sell Land

Randy Pierce

Thank you to the group for helping resolve the OMC issue.

Now it appears as though I have one more to solve (which requires a specific set of parameters to answer back): Now the problem exists that I cannot sell land (neither for $0 OM nor anything above that).

I am running a hypergrided grid using Ubuntu 14.10 and OpenSim 0.8.0.3. I have been told by the tech folks at OMC that the landtool.php is not a requirement. I figured they knew more about it than I, so I removed the landtool.php from my webserver root folder. That did not make any difference, so now I am looking past the great help I have gotten at OMC and came back down to where the "rubber meets the road".

Is there anyone in this group that uses Ubuntu, in a hypergrid environment, using OpenSim 0.8.0.3 release who also uses the OpenMetaverse OMC currency management tools that have gotten land to sell?

If so, could you please share what specific settings you had to make to get it working the way it should? The opensim land management system tool seems to be doing its job as far as identifying the land lots for sale, changes the property owner color and maintains the parcel cost to purchase.

For some reason I cannot get the "buy" on the avatar pie-menu nor clicking on the land parcel I set for sale to directly correlate to the amount of currency the viewer (and confirmed by logging into VirWox) that my avatar has on account.

Re: Not Able to Sell Land

Teravus Ovares
Hi there,

As the person who discovered how to get it to work...    I can tell you that landtool.php *was* required in older viewers.   It may no longer be required in newer viewers and Newer viewers may have it implemented in what are called 'CAP's  or 'Capabilities'.   That said, to provide a complete money solution, it should be a part of the service that the grid and money provider provide.  If I remember correctly, at least one core developer modularized them in such a way that the money module will work with the land module 'if it exists and is registered to handle the related money events'   .The land tool needs to know about the parcel's state, the region,  and about your current finances.

Really, while I was working with the research on the Money and Land Module, the most difficult part about getting it to work *wasn't* landtool.php.     It was actually figuring out how to tell the client/viewer where the Land service API was.     Given these facts, that's where I would focus.   Figure out how your client knows where the Land Purchasing API is and ensure that all clients connected to your simulator.... that takes advantage of the land API...  has the same setup pointer to the Land API.

Hopefully I have helped you in the right direction.

Have a great day

Teravus

On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 3:32 AM, The Pierce Family <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Erick76
If you are not able to sell the property at a good price then you must weight for better opportunities. You can also get help from a Realtor. Well, I am finding a Luxury Real Estate Dove mountain agent as I need to buy a lavish home over there. So you know a good agent?