OAR backup formats

enauman
Just trying to get my backup routine tightened up and I know this is a basic question, but I think I should know...What is the difference between .oar and .tar.gz formats for backing up a region? I know they both work but is there some advantage to one over the other?
Thanks,
Erik N

Re: OAR backup formats

Darren Williams-2
The file extension is not important but it is stored in tgz format.