OS 0.7.3 ( position Error )

Osanda
Hello and greetings from Germany,

i upgrated my grid from ( Windows ) OS 0.7.2 to 0.7.3 for a test. The update was without problems. After the login with the viewer the avatar is on position 0,0 from the region and i can't move inside the region ( just go up or down ) . A teleport in the region or to another region ends with an internal error. Maybe it is a problem in the system configuration which needs to be changed with this new version ?

Re: OS 0.7.3 ( position Error )

R.Gunther
WIth update i hope you mean.

- Backup old opensim
- Make oar if needed
- Install new opensim v0.7.3 in clean directory
- Use new config files and configure.
- load oar if needed

Dont install 0.7.3 over 0.7.2 thats going to fails, also there many ini
changes betwen 0.7.2 and 0.7.3
Make suure you have no mistake in  all ini files.

On 2012-03-05 16:00, Osanda wrote:

> Hello and greetings from Germany,
>
> i upgrated my grid from ( Windows ) OS 0.7.2 to 0.7.3 for a test. The update
> was without problems. After the login with the viewer the avatar is on
> position 0,0 from the region and i can't move inside the region ( just go up
> or down ) . A teleport in the region or to another region ends with an
> internal error. Maybe it is a problem in the system configuration which
> needs to be changed with this new version ?

Re: OS 0.7.3 ( position Error )

InuYasha Meiji
I don't really know if that is a bug in opensim, but I had something
like that once happen in SL.  I usually log into my last position, the
only way to be able to move again for me was to allow my Avatar to log
onto my home position.  At least that got me unstuck.  I hope after you
can walk normally once again.

InuYasha

On 3/5/2012 10:00 AM, Osanda wrote:

> Hello and greetings from Germany,
>
> i upgrated my grid from ( Windows ) OS 0.7.2 to 0.7.3 for a test. The update
> was without problems. After the login with the viewer the avatar is on
> position 0,0 from the region and i can't move inside the region ( just go up
> or down ) . A teleport in the region or to another region ends with an
> internal error. Maybe it is a problem in the system configuration which
> needs to be changed with this new version ?

Opensim User: Standalone Grid on Version 0.7.2 with 56 Regions
on Windows 7, 64-bit. Phenom 9500 2.2 ghz Quad Core, Terabyte Hard
Drive, 8gig DDR2 RAM.  Used XAMPP to load PHP Version 5.3.0, Apache
and MySQL 5.1.41-community edition.  Groups, Profiles, Voice and
Offline Mesages all working.

Re: OS 0.7.3 ( position Error )

Osanda
thx for your tipps... but no way... i will remain on position 0,0 .

Re: OS 0.7.3 ( position Error )

Serendipity Seraph
Is there a translator between .ini versions or clean documentation on how to convert?   As the .ini is effectively a kind of API is there a concerted push to avoid changing this format?    It seems to me that it should at least be the case that the same effects don't change to much in their .ini file causes.   Is this the case?

- s

On Mar 5, 2012, at 7:36 AM, R.Gunther wrote:

> WIth update i hope you mean.
>
> - Backup old opensim
> - Make oar if needed
> - Install new opensim v0.7.3 in clean directory
> - Use new config files and configure.
> - load oar if needed
>
> Dont install 0.7.3 over 0.7.2 thats going to fails, also there many ini changes betwen 0.7.2 and 0.7.3
> Make suure you have no mistake in  all ini files.
>
> On 2012-03-05 16:00, Osanda wrote:
>> Hello and greetings from Germany,
>>
>> i upgrated my grid from ( Windows ) OS 0.7.2 to 0.7.3 for a test. The update
>> was without problems. After the login with the viewer the avatar is on
>> position 0,0 from the region and i can't move inside the region ( just go up
>> or down ) . A teleport in the region or to another region ends with an
>> internal error. Maybe it is a problem in the system configuration which
>> needs to be changed with this new version ?

Re: OS 0.7.3 ( position Error )

Karen Palen
Just a suggestion, but I seem to recall having this problem when the
port for the region was not forwarded (or looped back) properly.

Karen

On 03/05/2012 09:58 AM, Osanda wrote:
> thx for your tipps... but no way... i will remain on position 0,0 .

Re: OS 0.7.3 ( position Error )

M.E. Verhagen
ini files are not automaticly updated.

best is to create the ini files from the example ini files wich are in
the 0.73 release

best change you can walk again after recreating the ini files !

2012/3/5, Serendipity Seraph <[hidden email]>:

> Is there a translator between .ini versions or clean documentation on how to
> convert?   As the .ini is effectively a kind of API is there a concerted
> push to avoid changing this format?    It seems to me that it should at
> least be the case that the same effects don't change to much in their .ini
> file causes.   Is this the case?
>
> - s
>
> On Mar 5, 2012, at 7:36 AM, R.Gunther wrote:
>
>> WIth update i hope you mean.
>>
>> - Backup old opensim
>> - Make oar if needed
>> - Install new opensim v0.7.3 in clean directory
>> - Use new config files and configure.
>> - load oar if needed
>>
>> Dont install 0.7.3 over 0.7.2 thats going to fails, also there many ini
>> changes betwen 0.7.2 and 0.7.3
>> Make suure you have no mistake in  all ini files.
>>
>> On 2012-03-05 16:00, Osanda wrote:
>>> Hello and greetings from Germany,
>>>
>>> i upgrated my grid from ( Windows ) OS 0.7.2 to 0.7.3 for a test. The
>>> update
>>> was without problems. After the login with the viewer the avatar is on
>>> position 0,0 from the region and i can't move inside the region ( just go
>>> up
>>> or down ) . A teleport in the region or to another region ends with an
>>> internal error. Maybe it is a problem in the system configuration which
>>> needs to be changed with this new version ?
>>>
>>> --

Groningen en Hannover Opensims:   secondlife://meverhagen.nl:8002:Hannover
ZW/

Re: OS 0.7.3 ( position Error )

R.Gunther
Happy its not doing that, it would break all ini files.
Besides its hard job to make soemthing like that. waste of time...

On 2012-03-05 22:16, M.E. Verhagen wrote:

> ini files are not automaticly updated.
>
> best is to create the ini files from the example ini files wich are in
> the 0.73 release
>
> best change you can walk again after recreating the ini files !
>
> 2012/3/5, Serendipity Seraph<[hidden email]>:
>> Is there a translator between .ini versions or clean documentation on how to
>> convert?   As the .ini is effectively a kind of API is there a concerted
>> push to avoid changing this format?    It seems to me that it should at
>> least be the case that the same effects don't change to much in their .ini
>> file causes.   Is this the case?
>>
>> - s
>>
>> On Mar 5, 2012, at 7:36 AM, R.Gunther wrote:
>>
>>> WIth update i hope you mean.
>>>
>>> - Backup old opensim
>>> - Make oar if needed
>>> - Install new opensim v0.7.3 in clean directory
>>> - Use new config files and configure.
>>> - load oar if needed
>>>
>>> Dont install 0.7.3 over 0.7.2 thats going to fails, also there many ini
>>> changes betwen 0.7.2 and 0.7.3
>>> Make suure you have no mistake in  all ini files.

Re: OS 0.7.3 ( position Error )

justincc
I don't know what's going wrong here - there shouldn't be any config changes that could possibly strand you at 0,0,0

I'm presuming that you're using the released 0.7.3.  There was a bug in master for a short while after the release which
would stop you moving (but that wouldn't put you at (0,0)).

A small possibility is that stronger en_US locale enforcement (all values read and written with dots for decimal places
rather than commas, etc.) is causing this problem.  Unfortunately, if this is the case there's not much that I can
suggest short of wiping your GridUser table which will reset your home/last location positions.  But if you're also
seeing teleport failures then this won't be the issue.

As M.E Verhagen said, it's better to create fresh ini files on a release and copy over selected parts of previous
release files.  Simply copying over files from an older release has caused problems in the past.

http://justincc.org/blog