OS2B, Meetings & Seminars

Charles Krinke-3
There are a couple of interesting meeting places and I would like to encourage folks to use them for their projects.

On the second floor of "Wright Plaza" is our meeting room used for "Office Hour". It has a seeting area and two large screens that can be controlled via chat to load an arbitrary web page. This is a good place to use for regularly scheduled meetings.

At the landing point on "Teravus Plaza" is an out door seating area, sort of like a small greek theatre.

All are encouraged to use these meeting areas (and others on the grid) to support community projects, teaching, education, company presentations and the like.

Charles Krinke

Re: OS2B, Meetings & Seminars

Robert Klein
Thanks for the info Charles! I checked the meeting area at Wright Plaza, very cool. What kind of web pages can those boards display? I tried to get them to display things like yahoo and google but nothing came up.

-Robert

Charles Krinke wrote
There are a couple of interesting meeting places and I would like to encourage folks to use them for their projects.

On the second floor of "Wright Plaza" is our meeting room used for "Office Hour". It has a seeting area and two large screens that can be controlled via chat to load an arbitrary web page. This is a good place to use for regularly scheduled meetings.

At the landing point on "Teravus Plaza" is an out door seating area, sort of like a small greek theatre.

All are encouraged to use these meeting areas (and others on the grid) to support community projects, teaching, education, company presentations and the like.

Charles Krinke

Re: OS2B, Meetings & Seminars

Charles Krinke-3
Dear Robert:

Normally the two screens respond fine to things like "/10 http://osgrid.org" and "/11 http://opensimulator.org" but right now they are on channels 40 and 41 while Nebadon runs a couple of experiments.

I have not tried yahoo and google, but have tried dozens of other web sites. In general, simple sites work best and flash does not work at all.

But, when I think meetings, I am thinking spreadsheets, simple static web pages, power point presentations, that sort of thing. And in general, I would think our OSGrid meeting room at Wright Plaza is a reasonable demo of how to create and use such ideas.

Charles