Odd permissions problem

John Hopkin
I have several regions, connected to OSGrid, all under one
OpenSim.exe, and working for ages until yesterday. The only thing
that's changed is I've upgraded Ubuntu from Intrepid to Jaunty - I'm
not sure if it's that that's caused the problem.

I'm running r9332, which was okay for several days.   Now, however,
when I log in to some of the regions, the client session terminates
during login.  The console messages I get are pasted here:
http://pastebin.com/m744c064b

The message that puzzles me, and which seems to lie a the core of the
problem, is:

[CONNECTION BEGIN]: Denied access to:<avatar UUID> (<avatar name>)) at
<region name>  because the user does not have access.

This happens when logging in with the master avatar (same av for all)
and also with estate manager avs (again, same for all).

This happens with 5 out of the 8 regions, and there's no particular
discernable pattern as to which ones work and which ones don't.

Furthermore, if I log or walk into one of the regions that I *can* get
into, I get the message ...

"Denied access to private region <region name>. You do not have access
to this region.

... for each adjacent inaccessible region, and neither the region
itself nor any objects on it are visible.

Any ideas what's happening?
--
John Hopkin

Re: Odd permissions problem

John Hopkin
John Hopkin wrote:

>[CONNECTION BEGIN]: Denied access to:<avatar UUID> (<avatar name>)) at
><region name>  because the user does not have access.

Just to wrap this up, upgrading to r9395 cured the problem - I suspect
that it was the reinstallation rather than software differences, but
anyway we're just glad to have all our work back.
--
John Hopkin