Offline IM's in standalone

Kevin Buckley

I’m trying to enable offline IM’s in standalone mode.  It’s not really clear how to do that.  Do I need a separate MySQL database for offline IM’s?  What/where is ‘offline.php’? – Thanks, Kevin

Re: Offline IM's in standalone

Zane Legion
Hi Kevin. Take a look at http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Offline_Messaging if you haven't already.
The offline.php comes from the OpenSim Web Interface available here http://forge.opensimulator.org/gf/project/opensimwi/frs/.

It is written to use MySQL, so you would either need to install MySQL or adapt the PHP code to use SQLlite. I have no idea if that's possible or not.

Zane

Sent: Sunday, November 08, 2009 10:06 AM
Subject: [Opensim-users] Offline IM's in standalone

I’m trying to enable offline IM’s in standalone mode.  It’s not really clear how to do that.  Do I need a separate MySQL database for offline IM’s?  What/where is ‘offline.php’? – Thanks, Kevin

Re: Offline IM's in standalone

John Sheridan
Kevin,
Geeze I misread this at first! I thought you were sending an offline IM
from my grid. As far as I know there's no php server included to handle
offline ims within OpenSim. For my setup I did a little digging and
cannibalized a bit of code out of the WiRedux project on the forge.

Hope this helps, :)

- John

Kevin Buckley wrote:

> I’m trying to enable offline IM’s in standalone mode. It’s not really
> clear how to do that. Do I need a separate MySQL database for offline
> IM’s? What/where is ‘offline.php’? – Thanks, Kevin

Re: Offline IM's in standalone

Kevin Buckley
And the code was ... ? lol

Kevin Buckley wrote:

> I'm trying to enable offline IM's in standalone mode. It's not really
> clear how to do that. Do I need a separate MySQL database for offline
> IM's? What/where is 'offline.php'? - Thanks, Kevin

Re: Offline IM's in standalone

Kevin Buckley

What port is used to access the offline.php script? – Thanks, Kevin

Sent: Sunday, November 08, 2009 10:06 AM