On Rigged Mesh Avatars

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

On Rigged Mesh Avatars

Robert L martin
Does anybody know where i can download a HUMAN rigged mesh avatar??
I have been working with MakeHuman and i need a working avatar to
compare the MH output to.

Also what is the status of Micro/Mega sized avatars (should they be
working correctly??).

And yes i have in fact googled it and found nothing OFF GRID

--
Robert L Martin
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: On Rigged Mesh Avatars

aiaustin
At 17:17 02/10/2013, [hidden email] wrote:
>Does anybody know where i can download a HUMAN rigged mesh avatar??
>I have been working with MakeHuman and i need a working avatar to
>compare the MH output to.


Do you mean a figure?  A stick figure style rigged mesh is available at

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Mesh/Uploading_and_wearing_a_rigged_mesh

I used the Blender 2.6 version though you only need the included .dae
in the Zip which is ready to go and fits "Ruth" perfectly.

http://coadey.com/simplebot_blender26.zip

_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: On Rigged Mesh Avatars

Michael Emory Cerquoni
I beleive you need to use the nightly build ( http://www.makehuman.org/content/download_nightlybuild.html ) or build it yourself from the source code ( http://code.google.com/p/makehuman/ ) to get full second life rigging support. hope this helps.


On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 12:45 PM, Ai Austin <[hidden email]> wrote:
At 17:17 02/10/2013, [hidden email] wrote:
Does anybody know where i can download a HUMAN rigged mesh avatar??
I have been working with MakeHuman and i need a working avatar to
compare the MH output to.


Do you mean a figure?  A stick figure style rigged mesh is available at

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Mesh/Uploading_and_wearing_a_rigged_mesh

I used the Blender 2.6 version though you only need the included .dae in the Zip which is ready to go and fits "Ruth" perfectly.

http://coadey.com/simplebot_blender26.zip


_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users



--
Michael Emory Cerquoni

_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: On Rigged Mesh Avatars

Robert L martin
In reply to this post by aiaustin
is there a not simplebot that can be downloaded (im looking for max
number of verts that work on a live grid)?

basically has somebody done a RM version of the nonmesh avs?? (not
going to pay for a tool that i can't work with before i can even demo
it so that one tool is a no go)

On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 12:45 PM, Ai Austin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> At 17:17 02/10/2013, [hidden email] wrote:
>>
>> Does anybody know where i can download a HUMAN rigged mesh avatar??
>> I have been working with MakeHuman and i need a working avatar to
>> compare the MH output to.
>
>
>
> Do you mean a figure?  A stick figure style rigged mesh is available at
>
> http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Mesh/Uploading_and_wearing_a_rigged_mesh
>
> I used the Blender 2.6 version though you only need the included .dae in the
> Zip which is ready to go and fits "Ruth" perfectly.
>
> http://coadey.com/simplebot_blender26.zip
>
> _______________________________________________
> Opensim-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users



--
Robert L Martin
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: On Rigged Mesh Avatars

Robert L martin
In reply to this post by Michael Emory Cerquoni
On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 12:50 PM, Michael Emory Cerquoni
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I beleive you need to use the nightly build (
> http://www.makehuman.org/content/download_nightlybuild.html ) or build it
> yourself from the source code ( http://code.google.com/p/makehuman/ ) to get
> full second life rigging support. hope this helps.

yes im fully aware of that (i have been following the SVN for the last
YEAR) but what i want is a known working mesh avatar that i can use to
help debug things (im getting a wonky avatar)


--
Robert L Martin
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: On Rigged Mesh Avatars

Michael Emory Cerquoni
if you are familiar with Blender there is a Rigged avatar template that has been very helpful for me here :

http://forums.osgrid.org/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4630



On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 1:10 PM, Robert Martin <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 12:50 PM, Michael Emory Cerquoni
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I beleive you need to use the nightly build (
> http://www.makehuman.org/content/download_nightlybuild.html ) or build it
> yourself from the source code ( http://code.google.com/p/makehuman/ ) to get
> full second life rigging support. hope this helps.

yes im fully aware of that (i have been following the SVN for the last
YEAR) but what i want is a known working mesh avatar that i can use to
help debug things (im getting a wonky avatar)


--
Robert L Martin
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users



--
Michael Emory Cerquoni

_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: On Rigged Mesh Avatars

Michael Emory Cerquoni
You might also find this information pertinent to the viewer limits when uploading mesh objects of any type : http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Limits#Mesh


On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 1:27 PM, Michael Emory Cerquoni <[hidden email]> wrote:
if you are familiar with Blender there is a Rigged avatar template that has been very helpful for me here :

http://forums.osgrid.org/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4630



On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 1:10 PM, Robert Martin <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 12:50 PM, Michael Emory Cerquoni
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I beleive you need to use the nightly build (
> http://www.makehuman.org/content/download_nightlybuild.html ) or build it
> yourself from the source code ( http://code.google.com/p/makehuman/ ) to get
> full second life rigging support. hope this helps.

yes im fully aware of that (i have been following the SVN for the last
YEAR) but what i want is a known working mesh avatar that i can use to
help debug things (im getting a wonky avatar)


--
Robert L Martin
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users



--
Michael Emory Cerquoni



--
Michael Emory Cerquoni

_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: On Rigged Mesh Avatars

Wade Schuette
In reply to this post by Robert L martin
MakeHuman has a SecondLife export . Is that what you mean by "a human"?

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 2, 2013, at 7:47, Robert Martin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Does anybody know where i can download a HUMAN rigged mesh avatar??
> I have been working with MakeHuman and i need a working avatar to
> compare the MH output to.
>
> Also what is the status of Micro/Mega sized avatars (should they be
> working correctly??).
>
> And yes i have in fact googled it and found nothing OFF GRID
>
> --
> Robert L Martin
> _______________________________________________
> Opensim-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: On Rigged Mesh Avatars

Robert L martin

What I'm trying to do is debug the mh export.


_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users