Quantcast

Open Source Male Walk Animation for OpenSim?

12

Open Source Male Walk Animation for OpenSim?

Len W. Brown
Hey all!

     While in Second Life today I noticed what I'd long ago forgotten...  My AV has a "male walk" attachment that is a generic one you can find all over for free in-world.  I think it put it into use more than a year ago and quite forgot that SL avatars don't walk that smoothly on their own from the start.  :)

     I'd like to similarly duplicate that walk for OpenSim.  I've Googled for a while and not found any solid help for a male walk that can be imported into OpenSim.  Now, I've seen a number of cool tutorials for creating animations that can be imported, but I'd rather not "reinvent the wheel" if there are "generic" male walk animation files out there floating around I can freely use.

     Any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks much!

- Len W. Brown

Re: Open Source Male Walk Animation for OpenSim?

Robert G. Jakabosky

CMU Graphics Lab Motion Capture Database:
http://mocap.cs.cmu.edu/search.php?maincat=3&subcat=2

The above link is for walking motion captures.  I don't know if those are in a
usable format, but they seem to provide a few formats.

--
Robert G. Jakabosky

Re: Open Source Male Walk Animation for OpenSim?

Ethan Grammatikidis
On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 16:49:33 -0500
Len Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey all!
>
>      While in Second Life today I noticed what I'd long ago forgotten...  My
> AV has a "male walk" attachment that is a generic one you can find all over
> for free in-world.  I think it put it into use more than a year ago and
> quite forgot that SL avatars don't walk that smoothly on their own from the
> start.  :)
>
>      I'd like to similarly duplicate that walk for OpenSim.  I've Googled
> for a while and not found any solid help for a male walk that can be
> imported into OpenSim.  Now, I've seen a number of cool tutorials for
> creating animations that can be imported, but I'd rather not "reinvent the
> wheel" if there are "generic" male walk animation files out there floating
> around I can freely use.
>
>      Any suggestions or ideas?
>
> Thanks much!
>
> - Len W. Brown
>      [hidden email]

Hola! I have one in OSGrid - an animation called "powerwalk" which is certainly a male walk. It's frikkin mean though, it can make my 4'0" pixie boi avatar look like someone you wouldn't want to get in the way of! A little googling turned up somethign better, a couple of source sites, one free, one paid. Maybe you could find more, the file extension is .bvh .

http://www.animazoo.com/Free_downloads.aspx
http://inf-designs.com/

--
Ethan Grammatikidis

Those who are slower at parsing information must
necessarily be faster at problem-solving.

Re: Open Source Male Walk Animation for OpenSim?

Robert Klein
Maybe this will help,  http://sites.google.com/a/cgspeed.com/cgspeed/motion-capture/3dsmax-friendly-release-of-cmu-motion-database

-Robert

Ethan Grammatikidis wrote
Len Brown <lenwbrown@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey all!
>
>      While in Second Life today I noticed what I'd long ago forgotten...  My
> AV has a "male walk" attachment that is a generic one you can find all over
> for free in-world.  I think it put it into use more than a year ago and
> quite forgot that SL avatars don't walk that smoothly on their own from the
> start.  :)
>
>      I'd like to similarly duplicate that walk for OpenSim.  I've Googled
> for a while and not found any solid help for a male walk that can be
> imported into OpenSim.  Now, I've seen a number of cool tutorials for
> creating animations that can be imported, but I'd rather not "reinvent the
> wheel" if there are "generic" male walk animation files out there floating
> around I can freely use.
>
>      Any suggestions or ideas?
>
> Thanks much!
>
> - Len W. Brown
>      lenwbrown@gmail.com

Hola! I have one in OSGrid - an animation called "powerwalk" which is certainly a male walk. It's frikkin mean though, it can make my 4'0" pixie boi avatar look like someone you wouldn't want to get in the way of! A little googling turned up somethign better, a couple of source sites, one free, one paid. Maybe you could find more, the file extension is .bvh .

http://www.animazoo.com/Free_downloads.aspx
http://inf-designs.com/

--
Ethan Grammatikidis

Those who are slower at parsing information must
necessarily be faster at problem-solving.

Re: Open Source Male Walk Animation for OpenSim?

Len W. Brown
Awesome!  Ya'all rock!

Now I can mosey around my sim like I'm John Wayne.

Thanks a bundle.

- Len

Ethan Grammatikidis wrote:

> On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 16:49:33 -0500
> Len Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hey all!
>>
>>      While in Second Life today I noticed what I'd long ago forgotten...
>> My
>> AV has a "male walk" attachment that is a generic one you can find all
>> over
>> for free in-world.  I think it put it into use more than a year ago and
>> quite forgot that SL avatars don't walk that smoothly on their own from
>> the
>> start.  :)
>>
>>      I'd like to similarly duplicate that walk for OpenSim.  I've Googled
>> for a while and not found any solid help for a male walk that can be
>> imported into OpenSim.  Now, I've seen a number of cool tutorials for
>> creating animations that can be imported, but I'd rather not "reinvent
>> the
>> wheel" if there are "generic" male walk animation files out there
>> floating
>> around I can freely use.
>>
>>      Any suggestions or ideas?
>>
>> Thanks much!
>>
>> - Len W. Brown
>>      [hidden email]
>>

> Hola! I have one in OSGrid - an animation called "powerwalk" which is
> certainly a male walk. It's frikkin mean though, it can make my 4'0" pixie
> boi avatar look like someone you wouldn't want to get in the way of! A
> little googling turned up somethign better, a couple of source sites, one
> free, one paid. Maybe you could find more, the file extension is .bvh .
>
> http://www.animazoo.com/Free_downloads.aspx
> http://inf-designs.com/
>
> --
> Ethan Grammatikidis
>
> Those who are slower at parsing information must
> necessarily be faster at problem-solving.

Re: Open Source Male Walk Animation for OpenSim?

Robert Klein
Anyone figure out how to convert the Carnegie Mellon files into OpenSim compatible format?

-Robert

Len Brown wrote

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 10:05 PM, Robert Klein <rtkwebman@gmail.com> wrote:

> Maybe this will help,
>
> http://sites.google.com/a/cgspeed.com/cgspeed/motion-capture/3dsmax-friendly-release-of-cmu-motion-database
>
> -Robert
>

> Ethan Grammatikidis wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 16:49:33 -0500
> > Len Brown <lenwbrown@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hey all!
> >>
> >>      While in Second Life today I noticed what I'd long ago forgotten...
> >> My
> >> AV has a "male walk" attachment that is a generic one you can find all
> >> over
> >> for free in-world.  I think it put it into use more than a year ago and
> >> quite forgot that SL avatars don't walk that smoothly on their own from
> >> the
> >> start.  :)
> >>
> >>      I'd like to similarly duplicate that walk for OpenSim.  I've
> Googled
> >> for a while and not found any solid help for a male walk that can be
> >> imported into OpenSim.  Now, I've seen a number of cool tutorials for
> >> creating animations that can be imported, but I'd rather not "reinvent
> >> the
> >> wheel" if there are "generic" male walk animation files out there
> >> floating
> >> around I can freely use.
> >>
> >>      Any suggestions or ideas?
> >>
> >> Thanks much!
> >>
> >> - Len W. Brown
> >>      lenwbrown@gmail.com
> >>

> > Hola! I have one in OSGrid - an animation called "powerwalk" which is
> > certainly a male walk. It's frikkin mean though, it can make my 4'0"
> pixie
> > boi avatar look like someone you wouldn't want to get in the way of! A
> > little googling turned up somethign better, a couple of source sites, one
> > free, one paid. Maybe you could find more, the file extension is .bvh .
> >
> > http://www.animazoo.com/Free_downloads.aspx
> > http://inf-designs.com/
> >
> > --
> > Ethan Grammatikidis
> >
> > Those who are slower at parsing information must
> > necessarily be faster at problem-solving.

Re: Open Source Male Walk Animation for OpenSim?

Karen_Palen
I haven't tired these myself, but the "Poser Friendly" version should work fine in OpenSim.

Look at:

http://www.cgspeed.com/2008/09/poser-friendly-conversion-of-cmu-bvh.html

http://mojodallas.blogspot.com/2008/09/converting-carnegie-mellon-university.html

The files can be found at:

http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=mojodallas

It would be really neat if someone could make these part of the OpenSim default library!

Karen

> Anyone figure out how to convert the Carnegie Mellon files
> into OpenSim
> compatible format?
>
> -Robert
>

> Len Brown wrote:
> >
> > Awesome!  Ya'all rock!
> >
> > Now I can mosey around my sim like I'm John Wayne.
> >
> > Thanks a bundle.
> >
> > - Len
> >
> > On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 10:05 PM, Robert Klein <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >

> >> Maybe this will help,
> >>
> >> http://sites.google.com/a/cgspeed.com/cgspeed/motion-capture/3dsmax-friendly-release-of-cmu-motion-database
> >>
> >> -Robert

> today I noticed what I'd long ago
> >> forgotten...
> generic one you can find all
> it into use more than a year ago
> >> and
> that smoothly on their own
> >> from

> duplicate that walk for OpenSim.  I've
> >> Googled
> for a male walk that can be
> seen a number of cool tutorials for
> but I'd rather not "reinvent
> animation files out there

> ideas?

> called "powerwalk" which is
> though, it can make my 4'0"
> >> pixie
> want to get in the way of! A
> couple of source sites,
> >> one
> the file extension is .bvh .

> must

Re: Open Source Male Walk Animation for OpenSim?

Robert Klein
Yeah I tried these but to no avail. They won't even load in QAVimator and they come in the Hippo viewer but do not actually do anything.

-Robert

Karen Palen wrote
I haven't tired these myself, but the "Poser Friendly" version should work fine in OpenSim.

Look at:

http://www.cgspeed.com/2008/09/poser-friendly-conversion-of-cmu-bvh.html

http://mojodallas.blogspot.com/2008/09/converting-carnegie-mellon-university.html

The files can be found at:

http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=mojodallas

It would be really neat if someone could make these part of the OpenSim default library!

Karen

> Anyone figure out how to convert the Carnegie Mellon files
> into OpenSim
> compatible format?
>
> -Robert
>

> Len Brown wrote:
> >
> > Awesome!  Ya'all rock!
> >
> > Now I can mosey around my sim like I'm John Wayne.
> >
> > Thanks a bundle.
> >
> > - Len
> >
> > On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 10:05 PM, Robert Klein <rtkwebman@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >

> >> Maybe this will help,
> >>
> >> http://sites.google.com/a/cgspeed.com/cgspeed/motion-capture/3dsmax-friendly-release-of-cmu-motion-database
> >>
> >> -Robert

> today I noticed what I'd long ago
> >> forgotten...
> generic one you can find all
> it into use more than a year ago
> >> and
> that smoothly on their own
> >> from

> duplicate that walk for OpenSim.  I've
> >> Googled
> for a male walk that can be
> seen a number of cool tutorials for
> but I'd rather not "reinvent
> animation files out there

> ideas?

> called "powerwalk" which is
> though, it can make my 4'0"
> >> pixie
> want to get in the way of! A
> couple of source sites,
> >> one
> the file extension is .bvh .

> must

Re: Open Source Male Walk Animation for OpenSim?

Chris Hart
I just tried some in Daz 3D and although they open, I think the conversion process needs work (unless you want all your avatars to walk like zombies)

Fun, though wish I hadn't downloaded quite so many before trying it! :)

Karen Palen wrote:

> I haven't tired these myself, but the "Poser Friendly" version should work
> fine in OpenSim.
>
> Look at:
>
> http://www.cgspeed.com/2008/09/poser-friendly-conversion-of-cmu-bvh.html
>
> http://mojodallas.blogspot.com/2008/09/converting-carnegie-mellon-university.html
>
> The files can be found at:
>
> http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=mojodallas
>
> It would be really neat if someone could make these part of the OpenSim
> default library!
>
> Karen

The BVH files are just simple text files that describe the figure and the 3D coordinates for each part of the figure's placement in the universe. I compared the MojoDallas files with some that I already know work in OpenSim. The OpenSim files have less joint descriptions (such as in the hands) that can be deleted and there are a couple of differences in how the joints are referenced (JOINT Left Shoulder vs. JOINT lShldr). Seems like it would be a fairly easy programming task for someone to write a script that tree-walks through the files patching them up. I would do it but I am not a programmer and thus would likely injure innocent 3D models. :)

-Robert

Chris Hart wrote

Karen Palen wrote:

> I haven't tired these myself, but the "Poser Friendly" version should work
> fine in OpenSim.
>
> Look at:
>
> http://www.cgspeed.com/2008/09/poser-friendly-conversion-of-cmu-bvh.html
>
> http://mojodallas.blogspot.com/2008/09/converting-carnegie-mellon-university.html
>
> The files can be found at:
>
> http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=mojodallas
>
> It would be really neat if someone could make these part of the OpenSim
> default library!
>
> Karen

It may be more complicated than that. According to Mike Sutton of mojodallas.com he actually had to make some changes to the bone structure in converting from the original to Poser:

files.http://mojodallas.blogspot.com/2008/09/converting-carnegie-mellon-university.html

OpenSim and Secondlife use the Poser bone structure so you would definitely need that version.

He gives the Python script for the conversion at:

http://www.mojodallas.com/BVHFixUpPython.htm

I too would like to import these files, plus a whole collection of BVHs that I have accumulated over the years!

I will take a look at this, but it will likely be a couple of weeks since I am busy with the Ubuntu 9.10 upgrade and testing among other things.

Mike does mention that there are some extra structures that you need to ignore during import to Poser. There are also some transformations that Poser does on import which may affect the process.

A workaround might be to import the file to Poser, check the animation (!), then re-export the BVH from Poser.

The result SHOULD be suitable for import into Opensim. I have imported the "dialect" of the BVH format that is exported by Poser 7 into Opensim with no problems.

As a minimum that should give you two files to compare and figure out just what differences exist. If one imports and the other doesn't then you have solved 90% of the problem!

Karen

> The BVH files are just simple text files that describe the
> figure and the 3D
> coordinates for each part of the figure's placement in the
> universe. I
> compared the MojoDallas files with some that I already know
> work in OpenSim.
> The OpenSim files have less joint descriptions (such as in
> the hands) that
> can be deleted and there are a couple of differences in how
> the joints are
> referenced (JOINT Left Shoulder vs. JOINT lShldr). Seems
> like it would be a
> fairly easy programming task for someone to write a script
> that tree-walks
> through the files patching them up. I would do it but I am
> not a programmer
> and thus would likely injure innocent 3D models. :)
>
> -Robert
>

> Chris Hart wrote:
> >
> > I just tried some in Daz 3D and although they open, I
> think the conversion
> > process needs work (unless you want all your avatars
> to walk like zombies)
> >
> > Fun, though wish I hadn't downloaded quite so many
> before trying it! :)

Michael-9-3
Take a look at a free program at http://www.animeeple.com . It has explicit export support for SL friendly BVH files. I've had luck taking the poser friendly CMU files mentioned earlier in this thread and converting them in it.

Re: Open Source Male Walk Animation for OpenSim?

Karen_Palen
Great idea, but the software will not download on Linux OR Windows!

> . It has explicit export support for SL friendly BVH files.
> I've had luck taking the poser friendly CMU files
> mentioned earlier in this thread and converting them in it.
>
> -----Inline Attachment Follows-----

Re: Open Source Male Walk Animation for OpenSim?

Karen_Palen
Sorry to be more specific, Firefox/Linux says "Linux not supported"

Firefox/XP and IE8/XP give a "script error".

I HOPE the rest of the software is better written than th ewebsite!

Karen
> --- On Sun, 10/11/09, Michael <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > From: Michael <[hidden email]>
> > Subject: Re: [Opensim-users] Open Source Male Walk
> Animation for OpenSim?
> > To: [hidden email]
> > Date: Sunday, October 11, 2009, 8:02 PM
> > Take a look at a free program at http://www.animeeple.com
> > . It has explicit export support for SL friendly BVH
> files.
> > I've had luck taking the poser friendly CMU files
> > mentioned earlier in this thread and converting them
> in it.
> >
> > -----Inline Attachment Follows-----

Re: Open Source Male Walk Animation for OpenSim?

Ale Fernandez
Is it worth it then, to start building some kind of repository for
these and other open licensed animations?

I need loads of them, especially simple hand and face animations to
string together so as to experiment with animating avatars via the
wiimote, and these carnegie mellon ones look like a good starting
point.

Would anyone else like to join in with me in trying to convert and
catalogue some of these and putting them on the opensim site
somewhere? If that's allowed of course...!

Ale

2009/10/12 Karen Palen <[hidden email]>:

> Sorry to be more specific, Firefox/Linux says "Linux not supported"
>
> Firefox/XP and IE8/XP give a "script error".
>
> I HOPE the rest of the software is better written than th ewebsite!
>
> Karen

~The Cycle of the formation and disintegration http://alefernandez.org.uk/
   of the universe influences the formation and disintegration
of nature, which in turn is closely related with human life" - Yasuji Kimikura

Re: Open Source Male Walk Animation for OpenSim?

Karen_Palen
If "open licensed" then yes making such a repository would not only be allowed, but would eb useful to most OpenSim users!

My preferred format would be as a addition to the default library that is available to every avatar.

I am not sure just how best to do this, but I am sure someone can tell us.

Karen
> these and other open licensed animations?
>
> I need loads of them, especially simple hand and face
> animations to
> string together so as to experiment with animating avatars
> via the
> wiimote, and these carnegie mellon ones look like a good
> starting
> point.
>
> Would anyone else like to join in with me in trying to
> convert and
> catalogue some of these and putting them on the opensim
> site
> somewhere? If that's allowed of course...!
>
> Ale
>
> 2009/10/12 Karen Palen <[hidden email]>:
> > Sorry to be more specific, Firefox/Linux says "Linux
> not supported"
> >
> > Firefox/XP and IE8/XP give a "script error".
> >
> > I HOPE the rest of the software is better written than
> th ewebsite!
> >
> > Karen
> > --- On Sun, 10/11/09, Karen Palen <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> >> From: Karen Palen <[hidden email]>
> >> Subject: Re: [Opensim-users] Open Source Male Walk
> Animation for OpenSim?
> >> To: [hidden email]
> >> Date: Sunday, October 11, 2009, 8:28 PM
> >> Great idea, but the software will not
> >> download on Linux OR Windows!
> >>
> >> --- On Sun, 10/11/09, Michael <[hidden email]>

> Walk
> >> Animation for OpenSim?
> friendly BVH
> >> files.
> files
> converting them
> >> in it.

> ~The Cycle of the formation and disintegration http://alefernandez.org.uk/
>    of the universe influences the formation
> and disintegration
> of nature, which in turn is closely related with human
> life" - Yasuji Kimikura

Re: Open Source Male Walk Animation for OpenSim?

Len W. Brown
I downloaded and installed Animeeple, but every time I try to run it I get a crash error.  I'm running XP Pro with SP3 and ALL updates.  Not sure why it crashes every time I try to start it.

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 9:39 AM, Karen Palen <[hidden email]> wrote:
If "open licensed" then yes making such a repository would not only be allowed, but would eb useful to most OpenSim users!

My preferred format would be as a addition to the default library that is available to every avatar.

I am not sure just how best to do this, but I am sure someone can tell us.

Karen
> these and other open licensed animations?
>
> I need loads of them, especially simple hand and face
> animations to
> string together so as to experiment with animating avatars
> via the
> wiimote, and these carnegie mellon ones look like a good
> starting
> point.
>
> Would anyone else like to join in with me in trying to
> convert and
> catalogue some of these and putting them on the opensim
> site
> somewhere? If that's allowed of course...!
>
> Ale
>
> 2009/10/12 Karen Palen <[hidden email]>:
> > Sorry to be more specific, Firefox/Linux says "Linux
> not supported"
> >
> > Firefox/XP and IE8/XP give a "script error".
> >
> > I HOPE the rest of the software is better written than
> th ewebsite!
> >
> > Karen
> > --- On Sun, 10/11/09, Karen Palen <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> >> From: Karen Palen <[hidden email]>
> >> Subject: Re: [Opensim-users] Open Source Male Walk
> Animation for OpenSim?
> >> To: [hidden email]
> >> Date: Sunday, October 11, 2009, 8:28 PM
> >> Great idea, but the software will not
> >> download on Linux OR Windows!
> >>
> >> --- On Sun, 10/11/09, Michael <[hidden email]>

> Walk
> >> Animation for OpenSim?
> friendly BVH
> >> files.
> files
> converting them
> >> in it.

> ~The Cycle of the formation and disintegration http://alefernandez.org.uk/
>    of the universe influences the formation
> and disintegration
> of nature, which in turn is closely related with human
> life" - Yasuji Kimikura

Re: Open Source Male Walk Animation for OpenSim?

Robert Klein
Hey Michael I tried using Animeeple but could not figure it out. Could you post the actual steps you used from start to finish on how to import the CMU animation and properly export it for upload to OpenSim? Can't seem to wrap my mind around it. On another note, it would be nice to just have a script that could just rip through the entire CMU collection in one pass. Trying to do these one at a time could be tedious but a good fallback.

-Robert

Michael-9 wrote
Take a look at a free program at http://www.animeeple.com . It has explicit
export support for SL friendly BVH files. I've had luck taking the poser
friendly CMU files mentioned earlier in this thread and converting them in
it.

Re: Open Source Male Walk Animation for OpenSim?

Karen_Palen
Which browser did you use?

I used IE8 with XP Pro SP3 and current updates as well, but it only gave me a "script error".

Looking at the tutorials though, I don't think it gives you anything thta Quavimator doesn't.

Karen

> I downloaded and installed Animeeple, but
> every time I try to run it I get a crash error.  I'm
> running XP Pro with SP3 and ALL updates.  Not sure why it
> crashes every time I try to start it.
>

> On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 9:39 AM, Karen Palen <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> If "open licensed" then yes making such a
> repository would not only be allowed, but would eb useful to
> most OpenSim users!
>

> My preferred format would be as a addition to the default
> library that is available to every avatar.
>

> I am not sure just how best to do this, but I am sure
> someone can tell us.
>

> Karen
>
> --- On Mon, 10/12/09, Ale Fernandez <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>

> > From: Ale Fernandez <[hidden email]>
>
> > Subject: Re: [Opensim-users] Open
> Source Male Walk Animation for OpenSim?
>
> > To: [hidden email]
>
> > Date: Monday, October 12, 2009, 6:09 AM
>
> > Is it worth it then,
> to start
>
> > building some kind of repository for
>
> > these and other open licensed animations?
>

> > I need loads of them, especially simple hand and face
>
> > animations to
>
> > string together so as to experiment with animating
> avatars
>
> > via the
>
> > wiimote, and these carnegie mellon ones look like a
> good
>
> > starting
>
> > point.
>

> > Would anyone else like to join in with me in trying
>
> > convert and
>
> > catalogue some of these and putting them on the
> opensim
>
> > site
>
> > somewhere? If that's allowed of course...!
>

> > Ale
>

> > 2009/10/12 Karen Palen <[hidden email]>:
>
> > > Sorry to be more specific, Firefox/Linux says
> "Linux
>
> > not supported"
>

> > > Firefox/XP and IE8/XP give a "script
> error".
>

> > > I HOPE the rest of the software is better written
> than
>
> > th ewebsite!
>

> > > Karen
>
> > > --- On Sun, 10/11/09, Karen Palen <[hidden email]>

> Walk
>
> > Animation for OpenSim?

> Male
>
> > Walk

> > friendly BVH

> friendly CMU
>
> > files

> > converting them

> > --
>
> > ~The Cycle of the formation and disintegration http://alefernandez.org.uk/
>
> >    of the universe influences the formation
>
> > and disintegration
>
> > of nature, which in turn is closely related with
> human
>
> > life" - Yasuji Kimikura

> -----Inline Attachment Follows-----

Re: Open Source Male Walk Animation for OpenSim?

Len W. Brown
Which browser?

I downloaded the executable from the website and installed the application.  No web browser involved except to download the program.

When I go to start the program it displays the splash screen then throws an error and crash report.

12