OpenProfilesModule

aiaustin

>Can anyone help me with this... as myOSGrid OpenProfilesModule
>profiles setup is still not fully functional and I am tidyign up
>things to get a cleaner state if I can...

In the Robust.HG.ini file [LoginService] section my
SRV_ProfileServerURI  is set to the ROBUST services root (like the
other SRV_ URIs nearby in that section)...

     SRV_HomeURI = "http://virtual.aiai.ed.ac.uk:8002"
     SRV_InventoryServerURI = "http://virtual.aiai.ed.ac.uk:8002"
     SRV_AssetServerURI = "http://virtual.aiai.ed.ac.uk:8002"
     SRV_ProfileServerURI = "http://virtual.aiai.ed.ac.uk:8002"
     SRV_FriendsServerURI = "http://virtual.aiai.ed.ac.uk:8002"
     SRV_IMServerURI = "http://virtual.aiai.ed.ac.uk:8002"
     SRV_GroupsServerURI = "http://virtual.aiai.ed.ac.uk:8002"

Is this wrong?  I ask as checking back over the Source Forge OpenmSi
profiles and the packaged OSGrid profiles .zip .ini.example files
and  I see it says that should point at a web server profiles.php
URL... the comment says [LogonSrrvices] but I assume that is em ant
to era [LoginService]

;; Update [LogonService] section to point to your profile server's url
;;
SRV_ProfileServerURI = "http://127.0.0.1/profile.php"

On another point, the actual PHP side examples seem to have
disappeared from the latest OSGrid download for OSprofiles at
http://download.osgrid.org/ . The old .php is only in  the version in
the archives area in osgrid_osprofile.zip there.

The SQL initialisation file as I assume that is needed in a clean
install is just on Source Forgre I think in

http://forge.opensimulator.org/gf/project/osprofile/scmsvn/?action=browse&path=%2Ftrunk%2F

Does anyone have a pointer to a complete up to date osprofiles
release zip file or prebuilt version including the .php server side
examples and any required SQL to create the osmodule data base tables
would be appreciated.

Re: OpenProfilesModule

aiaustin
I found this wiki page which is probably all that is
needed?  http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Profile_based_on_mysqli

Re: OpenProfilesModule

James Hughes
On 05/07/2013 11:08 AM, Ai Austin wrote:

>> Can anyone help me with this... as myOSGrid OpenProfilesModule
>> profiles setup is still not fully functional and I am tidyign up
>> things to get a cleaner state if I can...
>
> In the Robust.HG.ini file [LoginService] section my SRV_ProfileServerURI
> is set to the ROBUST services root (like the other SRV_ URIs nearby in
> that section)...
>
> SRV_HomeURI = "http://virtual.aiai.ed.ac.uk:8002"
> SRV_InventoryServerURI = "http://virtual.aiai.ed.ac.uk:8002"
> SRV_AssetServerURI = "http://virtual.aiai.ed.ac.uk:8002"
> SRV_ProfileServerURI = "http://virtual.aiai.ed.ac.uk:8002"
> SRV_FriendsServerURI = "http://virtual.aiai.ed.ac.uk:8002"
> SRV_IMServerURI = "http://virtual.aiai.ed.ac.uk:8002"
> SRV_GroupsServerURI = "http://virtual.aiai.ed.ac.uk:8002"
>
> Is this wrong? I ask as checking back over the Source Forge OpenmSi
> profiles and the packaged OSGrid profiles .zip .ini.example files and I
> see it says that should point at a web server profiles.php URL... the
> comment says [LogonSrrvices] but I assume that is em ant to era
> [LoginService]
>
> ;; Update [LogonService] section to point to your profile server's url
> ;;
> SRV_ProfileServerURI = "http://127.0.0.1/profile.php"
>
> On another point, the actual PHP side examples seem to have disappeared
> from the latest OSGrid download for OSprofiles at
> http://download.osgrid.org/ . The old .php is only in the version in the
> archives area in osgrid_osprofile.zip there.
>
> The SQL initialisation file as I assume that is needed in a clean
> install is just on Source Forgre I think in
>
> http://forge.opensimulator.org/gf/project/osprofile/scmsvn/?action=browse&path=%2Ftrunk%2F
>

> Does anyone have a pointer to a complete up to date osprofiles release
> zip file or prebuilt version including the .php server side examples and
> any required SQL to create the osmodule data base tables would be
> appreciated.

The intent of that setting is to provide a service url back to your
grid's profile service so that other users can see your profile
information when you travel outside your grid.

-BlueWall

Re: OpenProfilesModule

Jeff Kelley
At 4:27 PM +0100 5/7/13, Ai Austin wrote:

>I found this wiki page which is probably all that is needed?
>>http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Profile_based_on_mysqli

Edit the OpenSim.ini [Profile] block.
[Profile]
     Module = "OpenProfileModule"
     ProfileURL = "http://yourwebserverdomainname/pathto/profile.php"

I guess ProfileURL is now SRV_ProfileServerURI in [LoginService],
but I can't understand what and where is "OpenProfileModule".

Is this an additional dll to get somewhere?

0.7.5 starts with "Basic Profile Module" :
    12:22:52 - [PROFILE MODULE]: Basic Profile Module enabled

I see no [Profile] section in the .ini files (there was one in 0.7.2).

Declaring SRV_ProfileServerURI has no effect, as shows the Apache log.

I'm confused.

-- Jeff

Re: OpenProfilesModule

R.Gunther
Because the profile module is a third party module, you need to add the
required lines yourself in the ini's
Thats why you dopnt find the [profile] in the opensim.ini. So its
correct you cant find it.
i needed the profile line in opensim.ini to get it working.

On 2013-05-11 14:06, Jeff Kelley wrote:

> At 4:27 PM +0100 5/7/13, Ai Austin wrote:
>
>> I found this wiki page which is probably all that is needed?
>>> http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Profile_based_on_mysqli
>
> Edit the OpenSim.ini [Profile] block.
> [Profile]
>     Module = "OpenProfileModule"
>     ProfileURL = "http://yourwebserverdomainname/pathto/profile.php"
>

> I guess ProfileURL is now SRV_ProfileServerURI in [LoginService],
> but I can't understand what and where is "OpenProfileModule".
>
> Is this an additional dll to get somewhere?
>
> 0.7.5 starts with "Basic Profile Module" :
>    12:22:52 - [PROFILE MODULE]: Basic Profile Module enabled
>
> I see no [Profile] section in the .ini files (there was one in 0.7.2).
>
> Declaring SRV_ProfileServerURI has no effect, as shows the Apache log.
>

> I'm confused.
>

> -- Jeff

Re: OpenProfilesModule

Jeff Kelley
At 2:28 PM +0200 5/11/13, R.Gunther wrote:

>Because the profile module is a third party module, you need to add
>the required
>lines yourself in the ini's
>Thats why you dopnt find the [profile] in the opensim.ini. So its
>correct you cant
>find it.

Thanks.

Here is what I have done, in details:

Running 0.7.5 Release in Standalone Hypergrid mode.

Applied the instructions in
http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Profile_based_on_mysqli

- Created the tables (in a separate database)

- Installed the PHP code,
   edited C_DB_DATABASE, C_DB_USER, C_DB_PASS

- Changed
   $request_xml = $HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA;
   $request_xml = file_get_contents('php://input');

- Edited StandaloneCommon.ini :

%%%%%
[Profile]
     Module = "OpenProfileModule"
     ProfileURL = "http://my_server/path_to/profile.php"

[LoginService]
;;  SRV_ProfileServerURI = "http://my_sim:9000" <- comment out
     SRV_ProfileServerURI = "http://my_server/path_to/profile.php"
%%%%%

- Added to the bin/ folder :
     OpenSimProfile.Modules.dll
from a zip archive sent to me (don't know where it came from).

Restarting opensim, I now have:
     23:43:02 - [PROFILE]: OpenProfile module is activated

Profiles working.

-- Jeff

Re: OpenProfilesModule

Melanie
You need to put the SRV_ProfileServerURI back to what it was. That
is for "web profiles" and OpenProfile doesn't support those.

Everything else is done by the book.

Melanie

On 12/05/2013 01:19, Jeff Kelley wrote:

> At 2:28 PM +0200 5/11/13, R.Gunther wrote:
>
>>Because the profile module is a third party module, you need to add
>>the required
>>lines yourself in the ini's
>>Thats why you dopnt find the [profile] in the opensim.ini. So its
>>correct you cant
>>find it.
>

> Thanks.
>
> Here is what I have done, in details:
>
> Running 0.7.5 Release in Standalone Hypergrid mode.
>
> Applied the instructions in
> http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Profile_based_on_mysqli
>
> - Created the tables (in a separate database)
>
> - Installed the PHP code,
>    edited C_DB_DATABASE, C_DB_USER, C_DB_PASS
>
> - Changed
>    $request_xml = $HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA;
>    $request_xml = file_get_contents('php://input');
>
> - Edited StandaloneCommon.ini :
>
> %%%%%
> [Profile]
>      Module = "OpenProfileModule"
>      ProfileURL = "http://my_server/path_to/profile.php"
>
> [LoginService]
> ;;  SRV_ProfileServerURI = "http://my_sim:9000" <- comment out
>      SRV_ProfileServerURI = "http://my_server/path_to/profile.php"
> %%%%%
>
> - Added to the bin/ folder :
>      OpenSimProfile.Modules.dll
> from a zip archive sent to me (don't know where it came from).
>
> Restarting opensim, I now have:
>      23:43:02 - [PROFILE]: OpenProfile module is activated
>
> Profiles working.
>

> -- Jeff

Re: OpenProfilesModule

Jeff Kelley <[hidden email]> wrote:
>[LoginService]
>;;  SRV_ProfileServerURI = "http://my_sim:9000" <- comment out
>      SRV_ProfileServerURI = "http://my_server/path_to/profile.php"
>
>- Added to the bin/ folder :
>      OpenSimProfile.Modules.dll
>from a zip archive sent to me (don't know where it came from).

Precompiled and latest OpenSimProfile.Modules.dll obtainable from
http://download.osgrid.org

>From: Melanie <[hidden email]>

>You need to put the SRV_ProfileServerURI back to what it was. That
>is for "web profiles" and OpenProfile doesn't support those.

Oh, that has always had me confused too and although it was set as
the Robust services loginuri on my grid for  along time, in my
tidying up last week reading what I could to try to get thing
straight, I THOUGHT it should be set to the web served profile.php
address.  From what Melanie says it should be left set as the Robust
services loginuri in a grid context?  I.e. something like

SRV_ProfileServerURI = "http://mygridserver:8002"

Is it worth putting a clarification statement in "Step 3" of
http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Profile and
http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Profile_based_on_mysqli