OpenSim 0.6.4 errors out trying to create Inventory.db with SQLite3

OpenSim 0.6.4 errors out trying to create Inventory.db with SQLite3

John Batt
When I start OpenSim 0.6.4 on an Ubuntu 8.04 server running SQLIte3 it
runs fine until it gets to:

22:29:56 - [LIBRARY INVENTORY]: Loading library control file
./inventory/Libraries.xml
22:29:56 - [PLUGINS]: Loading extension point /OpenSim/InventoryData
22:29:56 - [PLUGINS]: Trying plugin
/OpenSim/InventoryData/MSSQLInventoryData
22:29:56 - [PLUGINS]: Trying plugin
/OpenSim/InventoryData/MySQLInventoryData
22:29:56 - [PLUGINS]: Trying plugin
/OpenSim/InventoryData/NHibernateInventoryData
22:29:56 - [PLUGINS]: Trying plugin
/OpenSim/InventoryData/SQLiteInventoryData
22:29:56 - [PLUGINS]: Plugin Loaded: OpenSim.Data.SQLite
22:29:56 - [INVENTORY DB]: Sqlite - connecting:
SQLiteDialect;SqliteClientDriver;URI=file:Inventory.db,version=3
22:29:56 - [APPLICATION]:
APPLICATION EXCEPTION DETECTED: System.UnhandledExceptionEventArgs

Exception: System.InvalidOperationException: Invalid connection string:
no URI
  at Mono.Data.SqliteClient.SqliteConnection.SetConnectionString
(System.String connstring) [0x00000]
  at Mono.Data.SqliteClient.SqliteConnection.set_ConnectionString
(System.String value) [0x00000]
  at Mono.Data.SqliteClient.SqliteConnection..ctor (System.String
connstring) [0x00000]
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check)
Mono.Data.SqliteClient.SqliteConnection:.ctor (string)
  at OpenSim.Data.SQLite.SQLiteInventoryStore.Initialise (System.String
dbconnect) [0x00000]
  at OpenSim.Data.InventoryDataInitialiser.Initialise (IPlugin plugin)
[0x00000]
  at
OpenSim.Framework.PluginLoader`1[OpenSim.Data.IInventoryDataPlugin].Load
() [0x00000]
  at
OpenSim.Data.DataPluginFactory.LoadDataPlugins[IInventoryDataPlugin]
(System.String provider, System.String connect) [0x00000]
  at OpenSim.Framework.Communications.InventoryServiceBase.AddPlugin
(System.String provider, System.String connect) [0x00000]
  at
OpenSim.ApplicationPlugins.CreateCommsManager.CreateCommsManagerPlugin.InitialiseStandaloneServices
(OpenSim.Framework.Communications.Cache.LibraryRootFolder
libraryRootFolder) [0x00000]
  at
OpenSim.ApplicationPlugins.CreateCommsManager.CreateCommsManagerPlugin.InitialiseStandardServices
(OpenSim.Framework.Communications.Cache.LibraryRootFolder
libraryRootFolder) [0x00000]
  at
OpenSim.ApplicationPlugins.CreateCommsManager.CreateCommsManagerPlugin.InitialiseCommsManager
(OpenSim.OpenSimBase openSim) [0x00000]
  at
OpenSim.ApplicationPlugins.CreateCommsManager.CreateCommsManagerPlugin.Initialise
(OpenSim.OpenSimBase openSim) [0x00000]
  at OpenSim.ApplicationPluginInitialiser.Initialise (IPlugin plugin)
[0x00000]
  at OpenSim.Framework.PluginLoader`1[OpenSim.IApplicationPlugin].Load
() [0x00000]
  at OpenSim.Framework.PluginLoader`1[OpenSim.IApplicationPlugin].Load
(System.String extpoint) [0x00000]
  at OpenSim.OpenSimBase.LoadPlugins () [0x00000]
  at OpenSim.OpenSimBase.StartupSpecific () [0x00000]
  at OpenSim.OpenSim.StartupSpecific () [0x00000]
  at OpenSim.Framework.Servers.BaseOpenSimServer.Startup () [0x00000]
  at OpenSim.Application.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000]

Application is terminating: True

Running sqlite3 shows I have Asset.db and OpenSim.db.
I'm tired of banging my head against a wall, what is the problem?

John Batt

XML2 and OAR

Tom Willans
Hi Can you clarify the XML2 format for me as I cannot find any documentation. I am prepared for a "doh" moment!

My understanding was that the assets in the OAR file have their UUID as part of the filename. The XML2 file in the objects folder should contain GUID that match these UUIDS, should the object contain that asset. However a casual look seems to be that these asset uuids are not in the xml file I would expect.

I am trying to relate script names to the uuid in the assets folder?

Thanks
Tom

Re: XML2 and OAR

justincc
Tom Willans wrote:
> Hi Can you clarify the XML2 format for me as I cannot find any
> documentation. I am prepared for a "doh" moment!
>
> My understanding was that the assets in the OAR file have their UUID as
> part of the filename. The XML2 file in the objects folder should contain
> GUID that match these UUIDS, should the object contain that asset.
> However a casual look seems to be that these asset uuids are not in the
> xml file I would expect.

Each item in an 'XML2' file will have XML within <TaskInventoryItem>.  The asset uuid for that item will be in the
<AssetID> field.

The XML2 isn't well documented (or even documented at all, I suspect).  It's quite an ancient format and I didn't make
any effort to document it for OARs since it pre-existed OARs and I'm hoping that a more suitable format would come
along.  However, as for so many things that hasn't happened yet.

Justin Clark-Casey
http://justincc.wordpress.com

Re: XML2 and OAR

Tom Willans
Thanks,

What has puzzle me is that I thought I could take the uuid in a
script name, look it up in the object xml file and locate it's real
name. However only a small number of the uuids match? Once the oar
file is loaded it works wonderfully.  Could you point me in the right
direction for the file that manipulates them - I can check out the
details there.

Tom

Tom Willans wrote:
> Thanks,
>
> What has puzzle me is that I thought I could take the uuid in a
> script name, look it up in the object xml file and locate it's real
> name. However only a small number of the uuids match? Once the oar
> file is loaded it works wonderfully.  Could you point me in the right
> direction for the file that manipulates them - I can check out the
> details there.

Sure.  Most of the archive module lives in the OpenSim.Region.CoreModules assembly at World/Archiver.
ArchiveWriteRequestPreparation.cs kicks off retrieval of all necessary assets when saving an oar, and
ArchiveReadRequest.cs handles restoring assets and objects when loading an OAR.

> Tom
>
> On 20 Apr 2009, at 16:04, Justin Clark-Casey wrote:
>
>> Tom Willans wrote:
>>> Hi Can you clarify the XML2 format for me as I cannot find any
>>> documentation. I am prepared for a "doh" moment!
>>>
>>> My understanding was that the assets in the OAR file have their
>>> UUID as
>>> part of the filename. The XML2 file in the objects folder should
>>> contain
>>> GUID that match these UUIDS, should the object contain that asset.
>>> However a casual look seems to be that these asset uuids are not
>>> in the
>>> xml file I would expect.
>> Each item in an 'XML2' file will have XML within
>> <TaskInventoryItem>.  The asset uuid for that item will be in the
>> <AssetID> field.
>>
>> The XML2 isn't well documented (or even documented at all, I
>> suspect).  It's quite an ancient format and I didn't make
>> any effort to document it for OARs since it pre-existed OARs and
>> I'm hoping that a more suitable format would come
>> along.  However, as for so many things that hasn't happened yet.
>>
>> --
>> justincc
>> Justin Clark-Casey
>> http://justincc.wordpress.com

Justin Clark-Casey
http://justincc.wordpress.com

Re: XML2 and OAR

Stefan Andersson
One of my many 'TODO's is to at least outline document the current set of 'protocols' within OpenSim (the non-LL ones) separately, per function domain, on the wiki, with at least example messages, so we can start discussing what a 'better' protocol would be. (I started a page trying to figure out what xml3 should be, it's still there on the wiki...)

The rationale behind that is that people probably don't realize how much of OpenSim is accessible as web services, data waiting and yearning to be integrated.

(You all do realize that our ad hoc quick and dirty set of "just serialize the damn thing" pragmatic shortcuts are now probably running quite a meaty amount of the total non-commercial 3D content traffic in the world...)

Until I get time, anybody's welcome to beat me to it.

Best regards,
Stefan Andersson