OpenSim 0.6.7 release candidate 1 ready for testing

OpenSim 0.6.7 release candidate 1 ready for testing

justincc
Hi folks,

The branch 0.6.7-post-fixes has been created in git.  Despite its name, this
currently holds Release Candidate 1 for the forthcoming 0.6.7

You can test this branch by executing

git checkout -b 0.6.7-post-fixes origin/0.6.7-post-fixes

in your git repository and recompiling.

It would be really nice if people could test and report back any immediate
system crashing bugs via Mantis.  I'm afraid that no other bugs (even very
serious ones) can be addressed at this point unless other developers step up to
the plate.  I just want to see if we can get a slightly more formal release
process going as we start to approach 0.7.

I hope to see this phase last for a week before 0.6.7 is released.

That's not to say that there couldn't be a 0.6.7.1 at some point down the line
incorporating future fixes from the master branch.

Best,

Justin Clark-Casey

Re: OpenSim 0.6.7 release candidate 1 ready for testing

Karen_Palen
I would hope that the version number that is output on startup has been updated from 0.6.5. It is a minor problem, but confusing.

> The branch 0.6.7-post-fixes has been created in git.
> Despite its name, this
> currently holds Release Candidate 1 for the forthcoming
> 0.6.7
>
> You can test this branch by executing
>
> git checkout -b 0.6.7-post-fixes origin/0.6.7-post-fixes
>
> in your git repository and recompiling.
>
> It would be really nice if people could test and report
> back any immediate
> system crashing bugs via Mantis.  I'm afraid that no
> other bugs (even very
> serious ones) can be addressed at this point unless other
> developers step up to
> the plate.  I just want to see if we can get a
> slightly more formal release
> process going as we start to approach 0.7.
>
> I hope to see this phase last for a week before 0.6.7 is
> released.
>
> That's not to say that there couldn't be a 0.6.7.1 at some
> point down the line
> incorporating future fixes from the master branch.
>
> Best,
>
> --
> justincc
> Justin Clark-Casey
> http://justincc.org

Re: OpenSim 0.6.7 release candidate 1 ready for testing

Huan
Hello

I check out OS_0.6.7 but get an error below

C:\OS_0.6.7>git checkout -b 0.6.7-post-fixes origin/0.6.7-post-fixes
fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git

pls help me how can down lasted release Opensim

thank and best regards

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 4:08 AM, Justin Clark-Casey <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Dau Huan

Huan Dau wrote:

> Hello
>
> I check out OS_0.6.7 but get an error below
>

> C:\OS_0.6.7>git checkout -b 0.6.7-post-fixes origin/0.6.7-post-fixes
> fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
>
> pls help me how can down lasted release Opensim
>
> thank and best regards

Hi Dau.  As it looks like you don't yet have a git repository you will first
need to download (clone) it using the command

git clone git://opensimulator.org/opensim

then execute the command

git checkout -b 0.6.7-post-fixes origin/0.6.7-post-fixes

Instructions for this are also at

http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Download#Release_Code_via_Git

To be honest, if you haven't compiled OpenSim before you might want to wait for
the actual release, it can get a little complicated.

> On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 4:08 AM, Justin Clark-Casey
>
>     Hi folks,
>
>     The branch 0.6.7-post-fixes has been created in git.  Despite its
>     name, this
>     currently holds Release Candidate 1 for the forthcoming 0.6.7
>
>     You can test this branch by executing
>
>     git checkout -b 0.6.7-post-fixes origin/0.6.7-post-fixes
>
>     in your git repository and recompiling.
>
>     It would be really nice if people could test and report back any
>     immediate
>     system crashing bugs via Mantis.  I'm afraid that no other bugs
>     (even very
>     serious ones) can be addressed at this point unless other developers
>     step up to
>     the plate.  I just want to see if we can get a slightly more formal
>     release
>     process going as we start to approach 0.7.
>
>     I hope to see this phase last for a week before 0.6.7 is released.
>
>     That's not to say that there couldn't be a 0.6.7.1 at some point
>     down the line
>     incorporating future fixes from the master branch.
>
>     Best,
>
>     --
>     justincc
>     Justin Clark-Casey
>     http://justincc.org

> Dau Huan

Justin Clark-Casey

Re: OpenSim 0.6.7 release candidate 1 ready for testing

Huan
oh, thank Justin Clark-Casey.
I check it late.

best wish to you.

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 1:57 PM, Justin Clark-Casey <[hidden email]> wrote:
Huan Dau wrote:
> Hello
>
> I check out OS_0.6.7 but get an error below
>

> C:\OS_0.6.7>git checkout -b 0.6.7-post-fixes origin/0.6.7-post-fixes
> fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
>
> pls help me how can down lasted release Opensim
>
> thank and best regards

Hi Dau.  As it looks like you don't yet have a git repository you will first
need to download (clone) it using the command

git clone git://opensimulator.org/opensim

then execute the command

git checkout -b 0.6.7-post-fixes origin/0.6.7-post-fixes

Instructions for this are also at

http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Download#Release_Code_via_Git

To be honest, if you haven't compiled OpenSim before you might want to wait for
the actual release, it can get a little complicated.

> On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 4:08 AM, Justin Clark-Casey
>
>     Hi folks,
>
>     The branch 0.6.7-post-fixes has been created in git.  Despite its
>     name, this
>     currently holds Release Candidate 1 for the forthcoming 0.6.7
>
>     You can test this branch by executing
>
>     git checkout -b 0.6.7-post-fixes origin/0.6.7-post-fixes
>
>     in your git repository and recompiling.
>
>     It would be really nice if people could test and report back any
>     immediate
>     system crashing bugs via Mantis.  I'm afraid that no other bugs
>     (even very
>     serious ones) can be addressed at this point unless other developers
>     step up to
>     the plate.  I just want to see if we can get a slightly more formal
>     release
>     process going as we start to approach 0.7.
>
>     I hope to see this phase last for a week before 0.6.7 is released.
>
>     That's not to say that there couldn't be a 0.6.7.1 at some point
>     down the line
>     incorporating future fixes from the master branch.
>
>     Best,
>
>     --
>     justincc
>     Justin Clark-Casey