OpenSim 0.6.9 Post-Fixes (r/13010) scripts do not compile when rezzed from object

OpenSim 0.6.9 Post-Fixes (r/13010) scripts do not compile when rezzed from object

Chris Kennedy-2
Hi, I was trying the newest OS 0.6.9 Post-Fixes (Git r/13010) and found
that whenever an object is rezzed from another object that is in world,
the scripts in the newly rezzed object do not compile (I don't even see
any output in the terminal that suggests that the scripts even tried to
compile).

The scripts in the initial object work fine; just not scripts in objects
rezzed from the initial object.

  I reverted back to post fixes git r/12980 and it works perfectly fine.

I have tried recompiling and resetting all the scripts in said object,
tried shutting OS down and restarting it, and also tried rebooting the
computer. This happens in any object that has the scripting to rez an
object from it (I have scripted multiple different objects and they all
exhibit the same behavior)

Have not tested this in a Windows environment but this issue comes up
when running OS on Linux 32 bit.

Any help or thoughts on this would be much appreciated!

Re: OpenSim 0.6.9 Post-Fixes (r/13010) scripts do not compile when rezzed from object

Marck-2
This is a known issue, see http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=4775.

Until this bug is fixed, I won't be able to upgrade because it renders many of my items like teleporters, rezzers, or objects using the MLP scripts useless.

Marck

Chris Kennedy wrote:

> Hi, I was trying the newest OS 0.6.9 Post-Fixes (Git r/13010) and found
> that whenever an object is rezzed from another object that is in world,
> the scripts in the newly rezzed object do not compile (I don't even see
> any output in the terminal that suggests that the scripts even tried to
> compile).
>
> The scripts in the initial object work fine; just not scripts in objects
> rezzed from the initial object.
>
> I reverted back to post fixes git r/12980 and it works perfectly fine.
>
> I have tried recompiling and resetting all the scripts in said object,
> tried shutting OS down and restarting it, and also tried rebooting the
> computer. This happens in any object that has the scripting to rez an
> object from it (I have scripted multiple different objects and they all
> exhibit the same behavior)
>
> Have not tested this in a Windows environment but this issue comes up
> when running OS on Linux 32 bit.
>
> Any help or thoughts on this would be much appreciated!

Re: OpenSim 0.6.9 Post-Fixes (r/13010) scripts do not compile when rezzed from object

Chris Kennedy-2
Ah I see. This must be a fairly recent bug then because it works fine
for me on an earlier 0.6.9 Post-Fixes git...

Thanks for the heads up :)