OpenSim 0.6.9 released

12

OpenSim 0.6.9 released

justincc
Hi folks.  OpenSim 0.6.9 has just been released and is available from

http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Download

The only changes since 0.6.9.rc2 are a fix for the linking problems introduced between rc1 and rc2, and the last minute inclusion of a patch that sends the UUID of chatting objects to viewers (Mantis 4671).  As always, the OpenSim project is alpha so there remain a very large number of bugs and quite a few missing features.

I don't believe there are any database or server architectural changes between 0.6.9 and 0.6.8, so the existing wiki setup instructions (such as they are) should continue to apply.

Here's a list of some of the major changes between 0.6.9 and 0.6.8.

* Teleport offers implemented
* SQLite database adapter updated to work with Mono 2.6 and later (as well as Windows).  Unfortunately, this will currently not work with Mac and Mono 2.6 due to missing symbols in the SQLite library bundled with Mac OS X.  Mono 2.4 can still be used by switching to the legacy adaptor.
* Ability to populate the inventory library by placing IARs in bin/Library
* "Allowed Users" and "Allowed Groups" estate functionality added.
* Added implementations of llCollisionFilter, llPassCollision, llLoopSoundSlave, llLookSoundMaster, llTriggerSoundLimited, llPointAt, llStopPointAt, llGetCenterOfMass, llGroundRepel, llSetVehicleFlags, llRemoveVehicleFlags, llSetInventoryPermMask.
* Improvements to LSL functions including llDialog, llGetPrimitiveParams. llSetPrimitiveParams, llGetStatus, llSetStatus, llSetDamage, llDie, llLookAt, llParcelMediaCommandList.
* Scripts now receive a stream of touch events if the mouse button is held down on their containing prim.
* Terrain collision implemented.
* OpenSim.Tools.Configger.exe added to dump configuration as an .ini, .xml or .sql file.
* Avatar eyes and hair no longer remain white in standalone mode.
* Improvements to undo, redo, land undo.
* Improvements to attachments rezzing.
* Support for HTTP texture fetching.
* Fix console problem on startup of Grid.UserServer.exe with no existing config.
* Stop existing avatars appearing in the T-pose to those who have just logged in.
* Improvements to ground standing.
* Clothing in the inventory library should now have the correct icons
* Gestures saved to OARs/IARs
* OARs now save region settings
* Fixes for terrain editing problems in megaregions
* Ground sitting fixed
* Viewers now receive UUID of the broadcasting prim when chat originates from a script.
* Attempting to rez no-copy objects on no-rez parcels no longer cause the item to vanish from inventory.
* Prim to prim collisions improved.
* Resizing the console window in Mono no longer results in an exception flood.
* Various performance improvements
* Various stability improvements

Many, many thanks to all the developers, testers, community members and OpenSim supporters who made this release possible!

Re: OpenSim 0.6.9 released

James Stallings II

Go, Justin go! This looks like a brilliant release!

Thanks to all the contributions from the devastating, and especially to Justin for stepping up to the plate and taking on one of the least interesting and most important jobs on the project. :)

Cheers Justin!
James
SimHost.com

On May 14, 2010 5:14 PM, "Justin Clark-Casey" <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

My apologies, my spellchecker corrected 'devs' to 'devastating' Lol

On May 14, 2010 7:01 PM, "James Stallings II" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Go, Justin go! This looks like a brilliant release!

Thanks to all the contributions from the devastating, and especially to Justin for stepping up to the plate and taking on one of the least interesting and most important jobs on the project. :)

Cheers Justin!
James
SimHost.com

> > On May 14, 2010 5:14 PM, "Justin Clark-Casey" <[hidden email]> wrote: > > Hi folks.  ...

Re: [Opensim-dev] OpenSim 0.6.9 released

justincc
James Stallings II wrote:
> My apologies, my spellchecker corrected 'devs' to 'devastating' Lol

But we are devestating - devestatingly good looking that is!

OpenSim 0.6.9 released

InuYasha Meiji
I just installed the newest release of this on OSGRID's site.  It all
starts up well but I do get one small issue.  Only a few textures didn't
load up and I received a few errors on the console. The ones I found
where few, so I only had to reupload the textures that where missing.
But now each time I restart the standalone opensim, I get this...

21:07:20 - [UUID GATHERER]: Failed to get part -
System.NullReferenceException:
21:07:20 - [UUID GATHERER]: Texture entry length for prim was 0 (min is 46)

Is there anything I can do about this?

on another subject, Seems I did do something wrong when I first set up.
Other people are using windows 7 64 bit and don't mention a problem.  I
had to use other ports besides those given as default for opensim.
Because my system was already using port 9000 and several after that.
So I started with port 9030.  All runs fine for now.

The problems I see coming my way will be if I run my Standalone in Grid
mode.  I seem to be jumping around, it is late here.  But in my attempt
to try to run groups one of the errors result in trying to find the user
database.  but I am not running using the UGIAN, thinking that is what
it is, win 7 64 is also telling me it used port 8002 and some other
ports near that for something internal to win7.  Since as of yet I don't
see a way to configure the UGIAN to run on other ports, how are you
doing it?

Thanks for the patients with me.  I have been awake for hours, I am
lucky to make much sense at all at this moment.

Re: OpenSim 0.6.9 released

Opensimfan
i have a region at OSGRID and "My Open Grid"

Downloaded the new opensimulator 0.6.9, but i cant tp to my region at MyOpenGrid with it.
With 0.6.9 RC1 it works fine..... strange

with OSGRID all works fine with both versions...
i'm using the same configuration for both installations... any idea's are welcome...

thanks
OpenSimFan

My Opensim/Second Life Blog
http://verwijs.wordpress.com

(Dutch, basic hardware/software help windows, Mac, Linux)
http://verwijs-pc.nl

My Twitter Page:
http://twitter.com/OpenSimFan

My Facebook page (be my friend, please )
http://www.facebook.com/andre.verwijs

My Google+ page (follow me please )
André Verwijs - Google+

Re: OpenSim 0.6.9 released

jeff1564
Hi DutchGlory,
you can try the forum
http://forum.myopengrid.com

On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 5:10 AM, DutchGlory <[hidden email]> wrote:

i have a region at OSGRID and "My Open Grid"

Downloaded the new opensimulator 0.6.9, but i cant tp to my region at
MyOpenGrid with it.
With 0.6.9 RC1 it works fine..... strange

with OSGRID all works fine with both versions...
i'm using the same configuration for both installations... any idea's are
welcome...

thanks

My Google+ page (follow me please )
André Verwijs - Google+

Re: OpenSim 0.6.9 released

InuYasha Meiji wrote:

> I just installed the newest release of this on OSGRID's site.  It all
> starts up well but I do get one small issue.  Only a few textures didn't
> load up and I received a few errors on the console. The ones I found
> where few, so I only had to reupload the textures that where missing.
> But now each time I restart the standalone opensim, I get this...
>
> 21:07:20 - [UUID GATHERER]: Failed to get part -
> System.NullReferenceException:
> 21:07:20 - [UUID GATHERER]: Texture entry length for prim was 0 (min is 46)
>
> Is there anything I can do about this?

Not sure why the UUID GATHERER would be invoked on startup - it's generally only hit for OAR/IAR save and some hypergrid stuff.

As this is a release from osgrid.org rather than OpenSim itself, I do recommend asking on the forums over there (though having said that OpenSim 0.6.9 and osgrid's release are currently almost idnetical, I believe).

Re: OpenSim 0.6.9 released

James Stallings II

Hi Justin, all - OSGrid is running 0.6.9-post-fixes, or so Neb tells me

On May 17, 2010 6:46 PM, "Justin Clark-Casey" <[hidden email]> wrote:

InuYasha Meiji wrote: > > I just installed the newest release of this on OSGRID's site.  It all star...

Not sure why the UUID GATHERER would be invoked on startup - it's generally only hit for OAR/IAR save and some hypergrid stuff.

As this is a release from osgrid.org rather than OpenSim itself, I do recommend asking on the forums over there (though having said that OpenSim 0.6.9 and osgrid's release are currently almost idnetical, I believe).

-- Justin Clark-Casey (justincc) http://justincc.org http://twitter.com/justincc ________________...

A big thank you!

Ovi Chris Rouly
Hey Justin,

A big thank you!  I just read in your blog [1] where you made adjustments to
the, "OpenSimulator region console so that avatar appearance updates can be
sent manually."

What I'd like to know now is how I can cause all new avatars to take on: 1)
my favorite shape, and 2) wear my favorite skins, even before I log in.
Basically, I'd like to change Ruthie to my favorite avatar.  Any ideas?

Cheers,

Chris

[1]
http://justincc.org/blog/2011/11/09/this-week-in-opensim-dev-week-ending-saturday-5th-november-2011/

Re: A big thank you!

InuYasha Meiji
I would like to see this too.  Since I am running an ancient Ryukyu
Kingdom multi region grid in SDtnadalone mode, I owuld love it if those
I invited the first time would have a realistically sized Asian shape
and skin all ready on once they come on.

Watching this Question closely.
Inu.

On 12/18/2011 11:04 PM, Ovi Chris Rouly wrote:

> Hey Justin,
>
> A big thank you!  I just read in your blog [1] where you made adjustments to
> the, "OpenSimulator region console so that avatar appearance updates can be
> sent manually."
>
> What I'd like to know now is how I can cause all new avatars to take on: 1)
> my favorite shape, and 2) wear my favorite skins, even before I log in.
> Basically, I'd like to change Ruthie to my favorite avatar.  Any ideas?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Chris
>
> [1]
> http://justincc.org/blog/2011/11/09/this-week-in-opensim-dev-week-ending-saturday-5th-november-2011/

Re: A big thank you!

GarminKawaguichi
Take a look in the sources of Diva Distro, she offers a choice of outfits
when creating an avatar.

The WifiPages contains a newaccountform.html which includes
avatarselectitem.html ...

GCI

> What I'd like to know now is how I can cause all new avatars to take on:
> 1)
> my favorite shape, and 2) wear my favorite skins, even before I log in.
> Basically, I'd like to change Ruthie to my favorite avatar.  Any ideas?

Re: A big thank you!

InuYasha Meiji
Aw, I don't use Diva.  Personal preferences, I use pure opensimulator
dot org release binaries.  I don't compile.  So I guess I am screwed then?

On 12/19/2011 9:19 AM, Garmin Kawaguichi wrote:

> Take a look in the sources of Diva Distro, she offers a choice of
> outfits when creating an avatar.
>
> The WifiPages contains a newaccountform.html which includes
> avatarselectitem.html ...
>
> GCI
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Ovi Chris Rouly" <[hidden email]>
> Sent: Monday, December 19, 2011 5:04 AM
> Subject: [Opensim-users] A big thank you!
>> What I'd like to know now is how I can cause all new avatars to take
>> on: 1)
>> my favorite shape, and 2) wear my favorite skins, even before I log in.
>> Basically, I'd like to change Ruthie to my favorite avatar.  Any ideas?

Re: A big thank you!

M.E. Verhagen
Some ruth assets as the shape and texture are set in bin / assets / Avatar / Newruth / Settings.txt

Op maandag 19 december 2011 schreef InuYasha Meiji ([hidden email]) het volgende:
> Aw, I don't use Diva.  Personal preferences, I use pure opensimulator dot org release binaries.  I don't compile.  So I guess I am screwed then?
>

> On 12/19/2011 9:19 AM, Garmin Kawaguichi wrote:
>>
>> Take a look in the sources of Diva Distro, she offers a choice of outfits when creating an avatar.
>>
>> The WifiPages contains a newaccountform.html which includes avatarselectitem.html ...
>>
>> GCI
>>
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Ovi Chris Rouly" <[hidden email]>
>> Sent: Monday, December 19, 2011 5:04 AM
>> Subject: [Opensim-users] A big thank you!
>>>
>>> What I'd like to know now is how I can cause all new avatars to take on: 1)
>>> my favorite shape, and 2) wear my favorite skins, even before I log in.
>>> Basically, I'd like to change Ruthie to my favorite avatar.  Any ideas?

Re: A big thank you!

Ovi Chris Rouly
ME,

thanks.  That'll do for some (most/all) of my initial Shape concerns.

However, what about what I call my skins (actually in the source and the SL Viewer they are referred to as head, upper body, and lower body tattoos)?

Chris

Some ruth assets as the shape and texture are set in bin / assets / Avatar / Newruth / Settings.txt

Op maandag 19 december 2011 schreef InuYasha Meiji ([hidden email]) het volgende:

> Aw, I don't use Diva.  Personal preferences, I use pure opensimulator dot org release binaries.  I don't compile.  So I guess I am screwed then?
>

> On 12/19/2011 9:19 AM, Garmin Kawaguichi wrote:
>>
>> Take a look in the sources of Diva Distro, she offers a choice of outfits when creating an avatar.
>>
>> The WifiPages contains a newaccountform.html which includes avatarselectitem.html ...
>>
>> GCI
>>
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Ovi Chris Rouly" <[hidden email]>
>> Sent: Monday, December 19, 2011 5:04 AM
>> Subject: [Opensim-users] A big thank you!
>>>
>>> What I'd like to know now is how I can cause all new avatars to take on: 1)
>>> my favorite shape, and 2) wear my favorite skins, even before I log in.
>>> Basically, I'd like to change Ruthie to my favorite avatar.  Any ideas?

A big thank you!

M.E. Verhagen
In the same dir as the setting.txt.

You have convert the images to J2c, xnview can convert jpg,png or tga to j2c.

On this page is info about custom library's http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Custom_Libraries

The only way i know to let a newly created avatar wear clothes and attachements is by direct database manipulation. (wich is not recommended, direct database manipulation can screw things up.)

Op maandag 19 december 2011 schreef Ovi Chris Rouly ([hidden email]) het volgende:
> ME,
>
> thanks.  That'll do for some (most/all) of my initial Shape concerns.
>
> However, what about what I call my skins (actually in the source and the SL Viewer they are referred to as head, upper body, and lower body tattoos)?
>
> Chris

Re: A big thank you!

GarminKawaguichi
If you don't want to play with database, opensim files and opensim sources
and you are not a fan of Diva Distro, there is a way to prepar correctly an
avatar.

1) Connect your current avatar (assuming you are myFirst myLast with a
password myPassw) with a viewer; in your inventory prepare a folder under
the root (eg AllThingsToSurvive) and copy all that is necessary to equip an
avatar beginner (outfits, Swiss army knife, a shovel, a torch, etc :))
In the OpenSim console, enter the command:
save iar myFirst myLast /AllThingsToSurvive myPassw c:\
beginnerequipment.iar

2) Create an avatar according to your preferred method, for example with the
name TheFirst TheLast and password ThePassw.
Connect it with a viewer and as soon as it is stabilized, enter this command
in the OpenSim console:
load iar TheFirst TheLast /AllThingsToSurvive ThePassw c:\
beginnerequipment.iar

3) When the new folder AllThingsToSurvive is created in the inventory of the
new avatar, you can equip it to your liking.

This way is pure OpenSim.

GCI

Re: A big thank you!

Unfortunately, this is not currently easy to do, at least within vanilla OpenSimulator.  Having said that, the
UserAccountService class in the OpenSim.Services.UserAccountService package contains all the mechanisms needed to
prewear body parts/clothing for the minimum viable ruth (skin, eyes, body, hair, shirt, pants).

Unfortunately, this is not currently customizable.  However, if you have no interest in the default ruth and only need
one default avatar, then you might be able to hack the code to load your own assets rather than the ruth ones (which
come by way of the OpenSim library).

There is also a similar mechanism in XmlRpcAdmin which is more customizable but wasn't suitable for that particular
purpose at the time.  However, I don't know how well that works at present or how well it is documented.

As others have suggested, I believe that projects such as the Diva Distro have a mechanism for choosing avatars at
creation time in the web interface.

On 19/12/11 04:04, Ovi Chris Rouly wrote:

> Hey Justin,
>
> A big thank you!  I just read in your blog [1] where you made adjustments to
> the, "OpenSimulator region console so that avatar appearance updates can be
> sent manually."
>
> What I'd like to know now is how I can cause all new avatars to take on: 1)
> my favorite shape, and 2) wear my favorite skins, even before I log in.
> Basically, I'd like to change Ruthie to my favorite avatar.  Any ideas?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Chris
>
> [1]
> http://justincc.org/blog/2011/11/09/this-week-in-opensim-dev-week-ending-saturday-5th-november-2011/

http://justincc.org/blog

Re: A big thank you!

InuYasha Meiji
HEH You anticipated my next question.  I wanted to know if there was a
decent converter.  lol.  Thanks

InuYasha.

12