OpenSim 0.7.1 upgrade

cliveg
Hi

I am in the process of upgrading OpenSim to 0.7.1 under CentOS Linux

I have built OpenSim from source and there appear to be a considerable number of changes to OpenSim.ini.example between versions 0.7 and 0.7.1

Is this correct?

Thanks

Clive

Re: OpenSim 0.7.1 upgrade

justincc
On 06/05/11 11:17, Clive Gould wrote:
> Hi
> I am in the process of upgrading OpenSim to 0.7.1 under CentOS Linux
> I have built OpenSim from source and there appear to be a considerable number of changes to OpenSim.ini.example between
> versions 0.7 and 0.7.1
> Is this correct?

That will be correct, since a long time has elapsed between those two releases.

We recommend starting with the new OpenSim.ini.example and porting your old settings over, rather than just copying your
existing config files.

http://justincc.org/blog

Re: OpenSim 0.7.1 upgrade

cliveg
Hi

Forgive me if I'm being stupid, but if I compare OpenSim.ini.example between OpenSim 0.7 and 0.7.1 I am confused

If I compare the two files:

[opensim@cc ~]$ grep -v ";" opensim-0.7-source/bin/OpenSim.ini.example | grep -v ^$ | wc -l
258

[opensim@cc ~]$ grep -v ";" opensim-0.7.1-source/bin/OpenSim.ini.example | grep -v ^$ | wc -l
22

The old version has 258 uncommented lines, whereas the new version has 22 uncommented lines

Are there a lot of default settings now built into OpenSim 0.7.1 so they are no longer needed in OpenSim.ini?

OR

Do I need to go through the 0.7.1 OpenSim.example.ini file and uncomment a lot of lines to get it working?

Thanks

Clive

Message: 2
Date: Fri, 06 May 2011 22:54:39 +0100
From: Justin Clark-Casey <[hidden email]>
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: [Opensim-users] OpenSim 0.7.1 upgrade
On 06/05/11 11:17, Clive Gould wrote:
> Hi
> I am in the process of upgrading OpenSim to 0.7.1 under CentOS Linux
> I have built OpenSim from source and there appear to be a considerable number of changes to OpenSim.ini.example between
> versions 0.7 and 0.7.1
> Is this correct?
That will be correct, since a long time has elapsed between those two releases.
We recommend starting with the new OpenSim.ini.example and porting your old settings over, rather than just copying your
existing config files.

changes in the OpenSimProfile

Bernd
I made &#8203;&#8203;a few changes in the profile module. On my grid, it
now seems to work fairly well.
I would be glad if someone could test it.
IMPORTANT: There are different table structures for the table "userprofile"
Maybe someone finds an error...

http://www.germangrid.de/prof/OpenSimProfile_GGVersion.zip

Re: OpenSim 0.7.1 upgrade

On 10/05/11 15:00, Clive Gould wrote:

> Hi
> Forgive me if I'm being stupid, but if I compare OpenSim.ini.example between OpenSim 0.7 and 0.7.1 I am confused
> If I compare the two files:
> [opensim@cc ~]$ grep -v ";" opensim-0.7-source/bin/OpenSim.ini.example | grep -v ^$ | wc -l
> 258
>
> [opensim@cc ~]$ grep -v ";" opensim-0.7.1-source/bin/OpenSim.ini.example | grep -v ^$ | wc -l
> 22
> The old version has 258 uncommented lines, whereas the new version has 22 uncommented lines
> Are there a lot of default settings now built into OpenSim 0.7.1 so they are no longer needed in OpenSim.ini?

Effectively, yes.  These have been migrated into OpenSimDefaults.ini and are overriden in OpenSim.ini only if required.
  More details at http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Configuring_Simulator_Parameters

> OR
> Do I need to go through the 0.7.1 OpenSim.example.ini file and uncomment a lot of lines to get it working?
> Thanks
> Clive
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Fri, 06 May 2011 22:54:39 +0100
> From: Justin Clark-Casey <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>
> To: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: [Opensim-users] OpenSim 0.7.1 upgrade
> On 06/05/11 11:17, Clive Gould wrote:
>  > Hi
>  > I am in the process of upgrading OpenSim to 0.7.1 under CentOS Linux
>  > I have built OpenSim from source and there appear to be a considerable number of changes to OpenSim.ini.example between
>  > versions 0.7 and 0.7.1
>  > Is this correct?
> That will be correct, since a long time has elapsed between those two releases.
> We recommend starting with the new OpenSim.ini.example and porting your old settings over, rather than just copying your
> existing config files.
> --
> Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
> http://justincc.org/blog
> http://twitter.com/justincc

http://justincc.org/blog

Re: OpenSim 0.7.1 upgrade

>From: Clive Gould <[hidden email]>
>The old version has 258 uncommented lines, whereas the new version has 22
>uncommented lines
>
>Are there a lot of default settings now built into OpenSim 0.7.1 so they are
>no longer needed in OpenSim.ini?

Clive, in 0.7.1 there are a lot of lesser customized settings now in
the file OpenSimDefaults.ini which is loaded ahead of
OpenSim.ini.  You can change OpenSim.ini based on OpenSim.ini.example
and also copy out and override less commonly used parameters by
copying sections over from OpenSimDefaults.ini

Re: OpenSim 0.7.1 upgrade

johnfelipe
Hi, please let me know if i made changes, because i overwrite my regions, config include, opensim and opensidefaults to opensim071rc

TNks

_________________________

Clive, in 0.7.1 there are a lot of lesser customized settings now in
the file OpenSimDefaults.ini which is loaded ahead of
OpenSim.ini.  You can change OpenSim.ini based on OpenSim.ini.example
and also copy out and override less commonly used parameters by
copying sections over from OpenSimDefaults.ini

Re: OpenSim 0.7.1 upgrade

cliveg
Hi everyone

Thanks for you advice on the .ini file differences between versions 0.7 and 0.7.1

As usual, I have blogged the upgrade process on our test server as follows:

http://opensimbromley.blogspot.com/

The next step is to try to get Wifi working...

Best wishes

Clive

Message: 2
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 10:39:11 +0100
From: Ai Austin <[hidden email]>
To: [hidden email]

>From: Clive Gould <[hidden email]>
>The old version has 258 uncommented lines, whereas the new version has 22
>uncommented lines
>
>Are there a lot of default settings now built into OpenSim 0.7.1 so they are
>no longer needed in OpenSim.ini?

Clive, in 0.7.1 there are a lot of lesser customized settings now in
the file OpenSimDefaults.ini which is loaded ahead of
OpenSim.ini.  You can change OpenSim.ini based on OpenSim.ini.example
and also copy out and override less commonly used parameters by
copying sections over from OpenSimDefaults.ini

Message: 9
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 03:24:16 +0100
From: Justin Clark-Casey <[hidden email]>
To: [hidden email]