OpenSim 0.7 upgrade - phantom objects

cliveg
Hi

I've just upgraded out test server from opensim-0.6.9 to opensim-0.7

We're running under mono and Linux.

1) Can anyone suggest, why after the upgrade certain objects that were
not phantom before are behaving as if they were phantom now? (Many of
these objects were originally derived from an OAR import)

2) Also any ideas why another set of linked objects originally
imported from SL has become invisible since the upgrade? I cannot see
them and I cannot edit them, but at the same time I cannot walk
through where they used to be either as something is getting in my
way!

Thanks very much

Clive

Re: OpenSim 0.7 upgrade - phantom objects

justincc
On 28/07/10 12:56, Clive Gould wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've just upgraded out test server from opensim-0.6.9 to opensim-0.7
>
> We're running under mono and Linux.
>
> 1) Can anyone suggest, why after the upgrade certain objects that were
> not phantom before are behaving as if they were phantom now? (Many of
> these objects were originally derived from an OAR import)

Are they actually marked phantom or just behaving that way?

If they're not marked then it might be related to this issue

The mantis is assigned to me but I haven't had a chance to look further into it and might still not for some time.  So
if anybody else wants to fix it please feel free.

> 2) Also any ideas why another set of linked objects originally
> imported from SL has become invisible since the upgrade? I cannot see
> them and I cannot edit them, but at the same time I cannot walk
> through where they used to be either as something is getting in my
> way!

I believe there are still quite a few bugs relating to linked objects - you might have got unlucky.

You could try to restore the object by saving it to inventory and re-rezzing it in the old OpenSim version, or perhaps
by saving it to an IAR in the old version and loading it back into the new.

Re: OpenSim 0.7 upgrade - phantom objects

Master_Mirage
Is it a mega-region?
If so might try the console command 'fix phantom objects'.
Ran into that alot with mega-regions but that command usualy took care of it :)
Our New Web Page
Http://www.TritonGrid.com