OpenSim 0.8

Randy Pierce

I am running 0.8 under a Windows 64-bit environment, with a WAMPServer 2.5. I have successfully redeployed the MySQL data files from WAMP 2.0c (this was a major undertaking to say the least, especially since I have not done it in about 2 years).

The problem I am running into is that regardless of my efforts, I cannot seem to get more than 2 instances of OS 0.8 to operate correctly. I have gone as far as taking “EXACT” duplicates of a working directory and simply renamed it to a new instance on the same server. Then the last thing I do is to ensure all the TCP and UDP ports match what the should be. In this case where everything should be able to work correctly twice, it is not 100% without any red line indicators. I have successfully set up and ran a v0.7.5 and v0.7.6 so this is NOT new territory.

I am curious to know if anyone has been successful under this operating environment. I would also ask that some/anyone share their (1) robust.hg.ini, (2) opensim.ini, and (3) gridcommon.ini (from the config-include directory).

I know it must be something extremely simple. This particular version has allowed OpenSim to grow by leaps and bounds and I seriously want to grow with it. The limitations of 0.7.5 are hindering my own progress (I've been in OpenSim since v 0.6.9) .....

I thought it also should work straight from the box with a few modifications for a hyper-grid environment, but that has also failed me.

Thank you for any and all assistance.

Changing the world - one prim at a time! The Insight Concepts Grid http://gcse.dyndns.org:8002

Re: OpenSim 0.8

drwhiet@spacefriends.de
First, what error messge do you get when you start the 3rd region ? Are the first two regions in one instance and you copy that instance to a new directory to have a third region in a new instance ?? Did you also adjusted your regions.ini as well ? And why not post your .ini files (to e.g. Pastebin)  so people can have a look ?

Best regards,
Wordfromthe Wise

Best regards

Am 26.06.2014 um 02:35 schrieb "The Pierce Family" <[hidden email]>:

[...]

Jeff Kelley
At 7:35 PM -0500 25/6/14, The Pierce Family wrote:

>  Then the last thing I do is to ensure all the TCP and UDP
>  ports match what the should be.

Are you sure you made all them distinct?

Public services (default 8002)
Private services (default 8003)
http_listener_port for each simulator
InternalPort for each region

I have a 0.8 grid + a 0.8 standalone on the same machine an it works.

-- Jeff

Re: OpenSim 0.8

Randy Pierce
Thank you for the two responses I have gotten to this post.

I have made some ground since this post. I have 1-64 bit computer running Windows 7 that has 4 instances of OpenSim 0.8 running and online to (one of my 3 identical machines) a computer which is a 32-bit running windows xp. This first 32-bit machine is also running the Robust, and the MySQL under WAMP 2.0c. It is also running the first (default welcoming) instance of OpenSim 0.8. All of this has connected and operates fine (minus profiles, offline IMs and groups - not there yet, wanted connectivity first).

So then lead into the next 2 server computers. Both of them have been TCP and UDP ports opened on the router. Nothing new in that area from 0.7.5 version. Originally I tried to open the 0.8 version, make the few modifications (the basic ports and home/gate URIs, and links to the sql on 192.168.1.125). That did not work.

The next step was to retain a copy of the regions.ini and http_port_listener for each iteration. Then I simply copied the robust server version from the like machine (I call it opensim1) over to the 2nd server and call it opensim2. Change the port and add in the corresponding regions.ini and give it a whirl. It should work in my logic, but it fails. I verfieid it has at least .NET framework of 3.5 or 4 (actually has .4 client).

Tried the same process with the 3rd server but an iteration called opensim6 (which the pastebin files below are from). It also failed ...

Here are the 4 pastebin files for your perusal and tearing it apart:

http://pastebin.com/nCARPZa6 -> Opensim Log file
http://pastebin.com/VQ5dHiye -> IP-135 Regions.ini file
http://pastebin.com/f2PNX2e6 -> Opensim.ini for IP-135
http://pastebin.com/C4UrUMd3 -> GridCommon.ini for IP-135

Awaiting other questions or possible solutions.....
Changing the world - one prim at a time! The Insight Concepts Grid http://gcse.dyndns.org:8002

Re: OpenSim 0.8

Randy Pierce
(I apologize if this gets posted twice. I reply online and it posts but then
I get a rejection notice)

Thank you for the two responses I have gotten to this post.

I have made some ground since this post. I have 1-64 bit computer running
Windows 7 that has 4 instances of OpenSim 0.8 running and online to (one of
my 3 identical machines) a computer which is a 32-bit running windows xp.
This first 32-bit machine is also running the Robust, and the MySQL under
WAMP 2.0c. It is also running the first (default welcoming) instance of
OpenSim 0.8. All of this has connected and operates fine (minus profiles,
offline IMs and groups - not there yet, wanted connectivity first).

So then lead into the next 2 server computers. Both of them have been TCP
and UDP ports opened on the router. Nothing new in that area from 0.7.5
version. Originally I tried to open the 0.8 version, make the few
modifications (the basic ports and home/gate URIs, and links to the sql on
192.168.1.125). That did not work.

The next step was to retain a copy of the regions.ini and http_port_listener
for each iteration. Then I simply copied the robust server version from the
like machine (I call it opensim1) over to the 2nd server and call it
opensim2. Change the port and add in the corresponding regions.ini and give
it a whirl. It should work in my logic, but it fails. I verfieid it has at
least .NET framework of 3.5 or 4 (actually has .4 client).

Tried the same process with the 3rd server but an iteration called opensim6
(which the pastebin files below are from). It also failed ...

Here are the 4 pastebin files for your perusal and tearing it apart:

http://pastebin.com/nCARPZa6 -> Opensim Log file
http://pastebin.com/VQ5dHiye -> IP-135 Regions.ini file
http://pastebin.com/f2PNX2e6 -> Opensim.ini for IP-135
http://pastebin.com/C4UrUMd3 -> GridCommon.ini for IP-135

Awaiting other questions or possible solutions.....

At 7:35 PM -0500 25/6/14, The Pierce Family wrote:

>  Then the last thing I do is to ensure all the TCP and UDP  ports
> match what the should be.

Are you sure you made all them distinct?

Public services (default 8002)
Private services (default 8003)
http_listener_port for each simulator
InternalPort for each region

I have a 0.8 grid + a 0.8 standalone on the same machine an it works.

-- Jeff

Re: OpenSim 0.8

Jeff Kelley
I am trying to map your setup.

You are running one 0.8 grid on four hosts.

64-bit Windows 7:
     4 simulators
     all working

32-bit Windows XP #1 (192.168.1.125):
     ROBUST
     1 simulator
     all working

32-bit Windows XP #2:
     1 simulator
     not working

32-bit Windows XP #3:
     1 simulator
     not working

The simulator crashes at AddRegion, unable to load a file.

All machines have .NET 4.0, right?

-- Jeff

Re: OpenSim 0.8

Randy Pierce
Okay, newest update (as of 27 June 1439 hours CST) ...

I have now successfully gotten 5 instances running simultaneously on one of
my 32-bit computers.

The root of the problem -> I had the XMLRPC port 20800 open on each of the
other instances. It will work fine on the first instance on the same
computer, but not subsequent instances.

Now that it appears this has been resolved (and thanks to those who offered
help), I will be working on getting the Profiles, Offline IMs and Groups
fully functional. Look out for a help request on these if I run into
problems.