OpenSim 2nd Birthday Tommorrow - Blog About it

OpenSim 2nd Birthday Tommorrow - Blog About it

Sean Dague-2
OpenSim's 2nd birthday is tommorrow (Jan 29th), and it would be really
great if as many people as possible could put up a blog post about
OpenSim tomorrow.  Tell the world about your experiences with OpenSim,
whatever they may be.  Screen shots are always appreciated in blog posts.

Once you do, please feel free to add a link to that blog post here -
http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Second_Birthday in Section 4.  That way
everyone can see what everyone else is doing with this wonderful technology.

Thanks again all for being with us through the last 2 years of amazing
growth!

        -Sean

--
Sean Dague / Neas Bade
[hidden email]

Re: OpenSim 2nd Birthday Tommorrow - Blog About it

drwhiet@spacefriends.de
This (besides informing Vint Falken about it)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28957438@N04/
is all i could do so far .. I do not have a blog ..

Best regards
and Happy Birthday to us all

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

Re: OpenSim 2nd Birthday Tommorrow - Blog About it

John Sheridan
Speaking of the b-day event could some of you guys who have events
listed on the wiki please double check to make sure you're running in
hypergrid mode and that your settings are correct?  There are quite a
few that I've been trying to link to and I keep getting: "05:21:31 -
[HGrid]: remote call returned an error: Requested method [link_region]
not found" which if I'm not mistaken means that you're not running
opensim.exe with -hypergrid=true.  I've also received an address not
found error on a few others.

Errors like this mean that people from the event will not be able to
reach you via hypergrid teleport.  Also, please remember that when
linking you need to specify the address and port of the sim you want
people to hypergrid into.  I've seen a few that have address like
grid.mylocation.net 8002 which if I'm not mistaken is the address and
port of the ugaim user server and not the sim.  Most sims run in the
9000 port range so if your sim is running on the same machine as your
ugaim then it would be grid.mylocation.net 9000 or if on a different
machine it would be mysim.mylocation.net 9000.

Just a friendly reminder before we wind up with people hypergridding
into the void come event time tomorrow! :)

Thanks, ;)

 - John / Orion Pseudo