OpenSim.32BitLaunch.exe

EGBainbridge/Apollo Manga
A page dated March 1, 2012 on the OpenSimulator.fr website (http://opensimulator.fr/article.php/opensimulator-0-7-3) makes the following statement:

"OpenSimulator can now be run as a 64-bit Windows process by starting it with OpenSim.exe rather than OpenSim.32BitLaunch.exe."

I don't see this supported on the OpenSimulator.org site.  Is the statement true?  I'm considering switching from an OpenSUSE Linux server to Windows Server 2008 R2, so I'm wondering.

If it's not true, how effective is running multiple instances of OpenSim.32BitLaunch.exe for full utilization of RAM above the 32-bit limitation?  I initially chose Linux so I could address all of my 16GB of RAM, but I've recently switched from a single OpenSim instance to five instances.  OpenSim.32BitLaunch.exe may not be the limitation it would have been when I was running only one instance.

Apollo Manga (Erik Gordon Bainbridge)
Writer, instructor, former software engineer
Northern California
ErikBainbridge.com
VirtualMarin.com
hypergrid: marin.us.com:8002