OpenSim Inventory Archives (IARs) feature now experimentally available in OpenSim trunk

OpenSim Inventory Archives (IARs) feature now experimentally available in OpenSim trunk

justincc
Hi folks,

Today I moved the OpenSim Inventory Archive (IAR) feature to experimental status
in bleeding edge trunk, as of revision 5a64ca on 14th September 2009 (post 0.6.6).

IARs are the user inventory equivalent of OARs - they allow you to load and save
inventory folders and items offline to restore to other OpenSim installations or
as backup.  Full inventory backup for individual users can done, though
restoration is a little awkward right now.

Please see

http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Inventory_Archives

and

http://justincc.org/blog/2009/09/14/introducing-opensim-inventory-archives-iars/

for instructions.

This is an experimental feature and is bound to have bugs.  So Mantis reports
would be much appreciated.  Suggestions for improvement are also welcome - the
best place to leave them just at this early stage may be as blog post comments
since I'm bound to see those.

Best Regards,

Justin Clark-Casey

Re: OpenSim Inventory Archives (IARs) feature now experimentally available in OpenSim trunk

Jeroen van Veen
awesome. good job! This makes backups alot userfriendly

hope to combine iAR/OAR into a web-based backup feature some day. Wasn't there a patch a few days back for the radmin?

2009/9/15 Robert Klein <[hidden email]>

Sweet!!!!

Jeroen van Veen wrote:
> awesome. good job! This makes backups alot userfriendly
>
> hope to combine iAR/OAR into a web-based backup feature some day. Wasn't
> there a patch a few days back for the radmin?

I don't remember seeing any patch for that.  As far as I know, OAR manipulation
is fully operational in radmin.  IARs are too new to have any functions yet (I
haven't got round to writing any - patches are welcome for this).

> 2009/9/15 Robert Klein <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>

>     Sweet!!!!
>

>     justincc wrote:
>      >
>      > Hi folks,
>      >
>      > Today I moved the OpenSim Inventory Archive (IAR) feature to
>     experimental
>      > status
>      > in bleeding edge trunk, as of revision 5a64ca on 14th September
>     2009 (post
>      > 0.6.6).
>      >
>      > IARs are the user inventory equivalent of OARs - they allow you
>     to load
>      > and save
>      > inventory folders and items offline to restore to other OpenSim
>      > installations or
>      > as backup.  Full inventory backup for individual users can done,
>     though
>      > restoration is a little awkward right now.
>      >
>      > Please see
>      >
>      > http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Inventory_Archives
>      >
>      > and
>      >
>      >
>     http://justincc.org/blog/2009/09/14/introducing-opensim-inventory-archives-iars/
>      >
>      > for instructions.
>      >
>      > This is an experimental feature and is bound to have bugs.  So Mantis
>      > reports
>      > would be much appreciated.  Suggestions for improvement are also
>     welcome -
>      > the
>      > best place to leave them just at this early stage may be as blog post
>      > comments
>      > since I'm bound to see those.
>      >
>      > Best Regards,