OpenSim Library Extension via IARs

aiaustin

>I was reminded of Diva's bloig about being able to extend the
>default library for an OpenSim installation by simply adding IARs
>into the bin/Library folder.. but that this was limited to
>standalone systems for some technical reasons.

http://metaverseink.com/blog/?p=29

I wonder if there has been any development in this area, and if this
may work with grids now too?

Re: OpenSim Library Extension via IARs

Robert L martin
i dunno if it works for grids yet but it works well for standalones.

on a related subject does anybody have an IAR with Rigged Mesh Avatars??

On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 9:49 AM, Ai Austin <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> I was reminded of Diva's bloig about being able to extend the default
>> library for an OpenSim installation by simply adding IARs into the
>> bin/Library folder.. but that this was limited to standalone systems for
>> some technical reasons.
>

> http://metaverseink.com/blog/?p=29
>
> I wonder if there has been any development in this area, and if this may
> work with grids now too?

Robert L Martin

Re: OpenSim Library Extension via IARs

GarminKawaguichi
2 rigged mesh avatars we have used to test the mesh beta viewer:

http://www.magalaxie.com/opensim/meshavatar.zip

meshatar.zip contains the IAR and other files we have found useful.
Note the RiggedAvatar.iar contains "Invisible Avatar" Body Part; you
have to wear it to mask your own shape before to wear Simple_Bot_001 or
Footbal (attach them to any point, but I prefer the Pelvis or stomach)
It goes without saying that you must detach all attachments and wear off
all clothings to see the mesh that automatically fits your size.

Other files in the zip are document or links that helped us to
understand mesh avatars.

GL

Le 22/10/2013 16:25, Robert Martin a écrit :
> on a related subject does anybody have an IAR with Rigged Mesh Avatars??

---

Re: OpenSim Library Extension via IARs

I believe this still won't work with grids due to the current design of library inventory.

On 22/10/13 14:49, Ai Austin wrote:

>> I was reminded of Diva's bloig about being able to extend the default library for an OpenSim installation by simply
>> adding IARs into the bin/Library folder.. but that this was limited to standalone systems for some technical reasons.
>
> http://metaverseink.com/blog/?p=29
>
> I wonder if there has been any development in this area, and if this may work with grids now too?

> .

OSVW Consulting