OpenSim Library

Diva Canto
A few days ago I added a module to OpenSim that allows for more
interesting OpenSim Libraries. For the time being it works only for
standalones.

What it does: it allows arbitrary content to be added to the Library,
available to all users of a world.

How: simply place IAR files under bin/Library.

Here's my blog post with more details:
http://www.metaverseink.com/blog/?p=29

The diva distro is using this already. I've also changed the OpenSim
official distro config files, so that this is on by default for standalones.

This works for master HEAD as of last Friday.

Re: OpenSim Library

cliveg
Hi

I have just checked out 0.6.8-post-fixes using git, updated my
installation, downloaded the iar files into the bin/Library folder and
started OpenSim.

However I cannot find any new content in the Library when I log in via
the client.  Have I missed a new configuration option with
0.6.8-post-fixes somewhere???

Has anyone else got the new Library function working with 0.6.8-post-fixes?

Thanks

Clive

Re: OpenSim Library

Diva Canto
This is not working in 0.6.8, much less in -post-fixes, which has been
discontinued since 0.6.8 has been tagged. This is only in git head as of
last Thursday or Friday, so 0.6.9(dev).

Clive Gould wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have just checked out 0.6.8-post-fixes using git, updated my
> installation, downloaded the iar files into the bin/Library folder and
> started OpenSim.
>
> However I cannot find any new content in the Library when I log in via
> the client.  Have I missed a new configuration option with
> 0.6.8-post-fixes somewhere???
>
> Has anyone else got the new Library function working with 0.6.8-post-fixes?
>
> Thanks
>
> Clive
>

> diva at metaverseink.com diva at metaverseink.com
> Mon Dec 28 19:07:31 CET 2009

> available for download

> A few days ago I added a module to OpenSim that allows for more
> interesting OpenSim Libraries. For the time being it works only for
> standalones.
>
> What it does: it allows arbitrary content to be added to the Library,
> available to all users of a world.
>
> How: simply place IAR files under bin/Library.
>
> Here's my blog post with more details:
> http://www.metaverseink.com/blog/?p=29
>
> The diva distro is using this already. I've also changed the OpenSim
> official distro config files, so that this is on by default for standalones.
>
> This works for master HEAD as of last Friday.

Re: OpenSim Library

Karen_Palen
As far as I know the library function is only in the latest Diva distro - in that it works nicely with a couple of minor glitches.

Diva's large library IAR does not specify a folder so it generates an error and installs itself under "library" (root). Otherwise it works just fine.

Karen