OpenSim and VirWox

dogwomble
Hi guys,

I know this is venturing into somewhat unsupported territory but I thought
I'd ask anyways.

At the moment, I'm experimenting with OpenSim 0.7.4 and want to try and
get VirWox working.  This is currently set up on a Windows 2003 Server box
in grid mode.  I've _almost_ got it working but I'm not quite there - I'm
sure I've missed something obvious but I can't quite work out what.

As per the VirWox instructions
(https://www.virwox.com:419/OSMoneyGateway/4.0.3/Public/index.php/OMHelp)
I have added the appropriate DLL files (I used the binary versions for
convenience).  I have placed the following into all my OpenSim.ini files:

[OpenMetaverseEconomy]
  OMEconomyInitialize =
"https://www.virwox.com:419/OSMoneyGateway/init.php"
  GridShortName =          "TestingOnly"
  OMBaseEnvironment =      "TEST"
  OMCurrencyEnvironment =  "TEST"

The following shows in the logs, which seems to indicate that it is

2012-10-02 22:00:47,280 DEBUG - OMEconomy.OMBase.CommunicationHelpers
[OMECONOMY] Request:
https://www.virwox.com:419/OSMoneyGateway/TEST/4.0.3/API/Simulator.php?method=initializeRegion&regionIP=http://192.168.1.67:9004/&regionName=Newton&regionUUID=591ee37b-2e00-4278-aae2-6db86937bc5b&simulatorVersion=OpenSim
0.7.4 Release
&moduleVersion=4.0.5&gridShortName=TestingOnly&gridURL=http://192.168.1.67:8003
2012-10-02 22:00:47,998 DEBUG - OMEconomy.OMBase.CommunicationHelpers
[OMECONOMY] Response: {"success":"true","regionSecret":"removed"}
2012-10-02 22:00:48,014 INFO  - OMEconomy.OMBase.OMBaseModule [OMBASE]:
The Service is Available

The terminal has been successfully brought in and a test account created
and verified - so all good so far.

However, whenever I try and "Pay" an object or avatar, I start getting
problems.  Because I have $OS0, it wants me to purcahse some currency -
which is expected.  However, at the stage of it "Getting data", I receive
the error: "Despite our best efforts, something unexpected has gone
wrong".

I have added the appropriate Helper URI to my client settings, as well as
place the Helper files as part of my web server.  My Apache log seems to
indicate they are being loaded successfully:

192.168.1.66 - - [03/Oct/2012:21:15:03 +1000] "POST
/grid/helper/currency.php HTTP/1.1" 200 122

The only odd thing I'm noticing is this in my OpenSim.log:

2012-10-02 22:06:23,014 ERROR -
OpenSim.Region.Framework.Scenes.EventManager [EVENT MANAGER]: Delegate for
TriggerOnMakeRootAgent failed - continuing.  Method not found:
'System.Net.EndPoint OpenSim.Framework.IClientAPI.GetClientEP()'.    at
OMEconomy.OMBase.OMBaseModule.AddAvatar(ScenePresence avatar)
   at
OpenSim.Region.Framework.Scenes.EventManager.TriggerOnMakeRootAgent(ScenePresence
presence)

This seems to correlate with me loggin in, and I can't for the life of me
work out what's happening here, even with the help of Google.

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious and it's staring me in the face - I
just can't see it so any help (and I know I'm verging on tl;dr) would be
appreciated!

Re: OpenSim and VirWox

Melanie
Your DLL doesn't match your OpenSim version. You will need to
compile VirWox from source. In this case, late bound method
references could not be resolved and the call to the VirWox function
failed.

Melanie

On 03/10/2012 13:20, [hidden email] wrote:

> [...]
> /grid/helper/currency.php HTTP/1.1" 200 122
>
> The only odd thing I'm noticing is this in my OpenSim.log:
>
> 2012-10-02 22:06:23,014 ERROR -
> OpenSim.Region.Framework.Scenes.EventManager [EVENT MANAGER]: Delegate for
> TriggerOnMakeRootAgent failed - continuing.  Method not found:
> 'System.Net.EndPoint OpenSim.Framework.IClientAPI.GetClientEP()'.    at
> OMEconomy.OMBase.OMBaseModule.AddAvatar(ScenePresence avatar)
>    at
> OpenSim.Region.Framework.Scenes.EventManager.TriggerOnMakeRootAgent(ScenePresence
> presence)
>
> This seems to correlate with me loggin in, and I can't for the life of me
> work out what's happening here, even with the help of Google.
>
> I'm sure I'm missing something obvious and it's staring me in the face - I
> just can't see it so any help (and I know I'm verging on tl;dr) would be

Re: OpenSim and VirWox

David Saunders
Ok I downloaded  the
http://opensimulator.org/dist/opensim-0.7.4-source.zip Placed the src
into the addon dir as per instructions and it throws these errors on
compile:

  'OpenSim.Framework.IClientAPI' does not contain a definition for
'GetClientEP' and no extension method 'GetClientEP' accepting a first
argument of type 'OpenSim.Framework.IClientAPI' could be found (are you
missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
\opensim-0.7.4-source\addon-modules\OMEconomy\OMEconomy.OMBase\OMBase.cs
271    45    OMEconomy.OMBase

David

On 10/3/2012 8:09 AM, Melanie wrote:

> [...]
>> /grid/helper/currency.php HTTP/1.1" 200 122
>>
>> The only odd thing I'm noticing is this in my OpenSim.log:
>>
>> 2012-10-02 22:06:23,014 ERROR -
>> OpenSim.Region.Framework.Scenes.EventManager [EVENT MANAGER]: Delegate for
>> TriggerOnMakeRootAgent failed - continuing.  Method not found:
>> 'System.Net.EndPoint OpenSim.Framework.IClientAPI.GetClientEP()'.    at
>> OMEconomy.OMBase.OMBaseModule.AddAvatar(ScenePresence avatar)
>>     at
>> OpenSim.Region.Framework.Scenes.EventManager.TriggerOnMakeRootAgent(ScenePresence
>> presence)
>>
>> This seems to correlate with me loggin in, and I can't for the life of me
>> work out what's happening here, even with the help of Google.
>>
>> I'm sure I'm missing something obvious and it's staring me in the face - I
>> just can't see it so any help (and I know I'm verging on tl;dr) would be

Re: OpenSim and VirWox

Opensimfan
This post was updated on .
download latest dll from here: PixelTomsen - OM Economy-Module  (Virwox)

and download latest opensim from here: opensimulator.org viewgit  choose fist one.

or download and install git.

on linux you have to do this BEFORE starting up opensim..
install ome currency certificates

how to install "X.509 certificates" on windows, i don't know yet...

if nothing works, i can make a working package for you..

OpenSimFan

My Opensim/Second Life Blog
http://verwijs.wordpress.com

(Dutch, basic hardware/software help windows, Mac, Linux)
http://verwijs-pc.nl

My Twitter Page:
http://twitter.com/OpenSimFan

My Facebook page (be my friend, please )
http://www.facebook.com/andre.verwijs

My Google+ page (follow me please )
André Verwijs - Google+

Re: OpenSim and VirWox

dogwomble
> if nothing works, i can make a working package for you..

Hmm, I'll have a battle with those binaries over the next day or two when
I get a chance.  Probably best to learn this in the long run myself.

Although a working package would probably help me - I've been battling
with this for a while and it's a little problem that's giving me the
irrates.

Re: OpenSim and VirWox

David Saunders
Hey thanks,

    This version of the module allow money with virwox to work.

  Strange things is first time i restart the sim with the new
configuration it did not connect to virwox Came up with an error that it
had failed. So I switched to debug mode with mono it worked, and i
switch back to non debug mode it still worked for now.

Hopefuly this module will work better at keeping contact with virwox up
to date, I find if you leave the sim connected for long period of time
it looses the ability to handle money. :( and restarting the sim most of
the time fixes it.  If not reboot again....

On 10/7/2012 5:35 AM, OpenSimFan wrote:

> download latest dll from here:  PixelTomsen - OM Economy-Module  (Virwox)
> <https://github.com/PixelTomsen/omeconomy-module>
>
> and download latest opensim from here:  opensimulator.org viewgit
> <http://opensimulator.org/viewgit/?a=shortlog&p=opensim>   choose fist one.
>
> or download and install git.
>
> on linux you have to do this BEFORE starting up opensim..
> install ome currency certificates
> <https://www.dropbox.com/s/81vq54ez2h05dhe/omc-certificates.txt>
>
> if nothing works, i can make a working package for you..
>

> -----
> OpenSimFan
> My Opensim/Second Life Blog
> http://verwijs.wordpress.com
> (Dutch, basic hardware/software help  windows, Mac, Linux)
> http://verwijs-pc.nl
> My Twitter Page:
> http://twitter.com/OpenSimFan
> My Facebook page (be my friend, please )
> http://www.facebook.com/andre.verwijs

Re: OpenSim and VirWox

David Saunders

Ok Following these instructions the only way I can can VirWox to work is
with 0.7.5 Dev, is it available for the 7.4 stable version?
trying to follow the Dev version is not possible in the environment I
have to keep it running in.

If not I have to find it again on virwox site an earlier release that i
can get working.

david

On 10/7/2012 2:11 PM, David Saunders wrote:

> Hey thanks,
>
>    This version of the module allow money with virwox to work.
>
>  Strange things is first time i restart the sim with the new
> configuration it did not connect to virwox Came up with an error that
> it had failed. So I switched to debug mode with mono it worked, and i
> switch back to non debug mode it still worked for now.
>
> Hopefuly this module will work better at keeping contact with virwox
> up to date, I find if you leave the sim connected for long period of
> time it looses the ability to handle money. :( and restarting the sim
> most of the time fixes it.  If not reboot again....
>

> On 10/7/2012 5:35 AM, OpenSimFan wrote:
>> download latest dll from here: PixelTomsen - OM Economy-Module  (Virwox)
>> <https://github.com/PixelTomsen/omeconomy-module>
>>
>> and download latest opensim from here:  opensimulator.org viewgit
>> <http://opensimulator.org/viewgit/?a=shortlog&p=opensim> choose fist
>> one.
>>
>> or download and install git.
>>
>> on linux you have to do this BEFORE starting up opensim..
>> install ome currency certificates
>> <https://www.dropbox.com/s/81vq54ez2h05dhe/omc-certificates.txt>
>>
>> if nothing works, i can make a working package for you..
>>

>> -----
>> OpenSimFan
>> My Opensim/Second Life Blog
>> http://verwijs.wordpress.com
>> (Dutch, basic hardware/software help  windows, Mac, Linux)
>> http://verwijs-pc.nl
>> My Twitter Page:
>> http://twitter.com/OpenSimFan
>> My Facebook page (be my friend, please )
>> http://www.facebook.com/andre.verwijs

Re: OpenSim and VirWox

Opensimfan
This post was updated on .
Pixel tomson version here:
https://github.com/OpenMetaverseEconomy/OMEconomy-Modules/tree/master/bin

if you want a compiled version with latest opensim git master, download here:
http://db.tt/LJYrKoMF
OpenSimFan

My Opensim/Second Life Blog
http://verwijs.wordpress.com

(Dutch, basic hardware/software help windows, Mac, Linux)
http://verwijs-pc.nl

My Twitter Page:
http://twitter.com/OpenSimFan

My Facebook page (be my friend, please )
http://www.facebook.com/andre.verwijs

My Google+ page (follow me please )
André Verwijs - Google+

Re: OpenSim and VirWox

opensiminfo
I also have been working on setting up OMCEconomy..
I followed the instructions per  Pixel tomson and this thread..

This is the error I get when I try to run the module..

2012-12-30 15:31:15,968 ERROR - OMEconomy.OMBase.CommunicationHelpers [OMBASE]: Could not parse response Exception: Error getting response stream (Write: The authentication or decryption has failed.): SendFailure -   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetRequestStream (IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Not sure if it is not talking to Virwox or there is another error..

Thanks
Todd

My Google+ page (follow me please )
André Verwijs - Google+

Re: OpenSim and VirWox

opensiminfo
I used the info in the readme.    Also the link you just have me to follow does not work an updated link so I can verify my certificates or install the proper ones please

Thanks
Todd

Sent from my iPhone

On 2012-12-30, at 4:14 PM, OpenSimFan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> on linux you have to install certificates, for virwox server, see here how..
>
> http://is.gd/0Pb8gJ
>

> -----
> OpenSimFan
> My Opensim/Second Life Blog
> http://verwijs.wordpress.com
> (Dutch, basic hardware/software help  windows, Mac, Linux)
> http://verwijs-pc.nl
> My Twitter Page:
> http://twitter.com/OpenSimFan
> My Facebook page (be my friend, please )
> http://www.facebook.com/andre.verwijs

Re: OpenSim and VirWox

Opensimfan
whell  this is how to install certificates...
after some heavy googeling i found it. :)
if you import certificates from virwox.com as normal user
(as root is optional), the money module works

(on linux) just run:

# add general certificates to mono
mozroots --import --ask-remove

# add certificates for virwox to mono
certmgr -ssl https://www.virwox.com:419

see output here:

Mono Certificate Manager - version 2.10.8.1
Manage X.509 certificates and CRL from stores.
Copyright 2002, 2003 Motus Technologies. Copyright 2004-2008 Novell. BSD licensed.

X.509 Certificate v3
   Issued from: C=US, O=GeoTrust Inc., CN=GeoTrust Global CA
   Issued to:   C=US, O="GeoTrust, Inc.", CN=RapidSSL CA
   Valid from:  19-2-2010 22:45:05
   Valid until: 18-2-2020 22:45:05
   *** WARNING: Certificate signature is INVALID ***
Import this certificate into the CA store ? Y

X.509 Certificate v3
   Issued from: C=US, O="GeoTrust, Inc.", CN=RapidSSL CA
   Issued to:   OID.2.5.4.5=yBiHWHGOyKxaiGzF/nZZXigJs23MSj1U,
                C=AT, O=www.virwox.com, OU=GT62144631,
                OU=See www.rapidssl.com/resources/cps (c)11,
                OU=Domain Control Validated - RapidSSL(R), CN=www.virwox.com
   Valid from:  15-6-2011 13:56:22
   Valid until: 17-7-2012 7:08:24
Import this certificate into the AddressBook store ? Y

2 certificates added to the stores.
OpenSimFan

My Opensim/Second Life Blog
http://verwijs.wordpress.com

(Dutch, basic hardware/software help windows, Mac, Linux)
http://verwijs-pc.nl

My Twitter Page:
http://twitter.com/OpenSimFan

My Facebook page (be my friend, please )
http://www.facebook.com/andre.verwijs

My Google+ page (follow me please )
André Verwijs - Google+

Re: OpenSim and VirWox

opensiminfo
Lol opensimfan.   The link is dead.   Says the page has been deleted.    So I can not look at how to install the certificate

Todd

Sent from my iPhone

On 2012-12-30, at 6:00 PM, OpenSimFan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> whell  this is how to install certificates...
>

> -----
> OpenSimFan
> My Opensim/Second Life Blog
> http://verwijs.wordpress.com
> (Dutch, basic hardware/software help  windows, Mac, Linux)
> http://verwijs-pc.nl
> My Twitter Page:
> http://twitter.com/OpenSimFan
> My Facebook page (be my friend, please )
> http://www.facebook.com/andre.verwijs

Re: OpenSim and VirWox

opensiminfo
Sorry OpensimFan..

An Oddity..   I was looking at the list here on my iphone and it did not show your post properly..  I  appologize..
Thank you for the information..

Todd

On 2012-12-30, at 6:00 PM, OpenSimFan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> whell this is how to install certificates...
>

> -----
> OpenSimFan
> My Opensim/Second Life Blog
> http://verwijs.wordpress.com
> (Dutch, basic hardware/software help windows, Mac, Linux)
> http://verwijs-pc.nl
> My Twitter Page:
> http://twitter.com/OpenSimFan
> My Facebook page (be my friend, please )
> http://www.facebook.com/andre.verwijs

Re: OpenSim and VirWox

David Saunders
If i can find a better place to ask this I would :)

Ok after compiling the pixel tomson version of the OMC$ I ran into a new
issue.

   No errors come up in the console or log :)  I get a valid $OMC in the
viewer and it spears to talk to the virwox site with no problems. The
region is registered in the region list.

  But when I go under the avatar setting it tells me:
Status    Avatar is in the Region Training Grounds
Region's OMC-Status    FALSE
Region's Pocket Money Status    FALSE
I double checked and copied our current OMC setting from working sims
(they use a old version OMC)

David