OpenSim crash

cliveg
Hi

I've just upgraded MySQL on our server:

[root@standbyvle ~]# rpm -q mysql
mysql-5.5.12-1.el5.remi

When I try to startt OpenSim I get the console message below.

Is it the version of MySQL and if so is there any way to get OpenSim 0.7.1 to work with mysql-5.5.12-1?

Thanks very much

Clive

14:04:51 - [MODULES]: Loading Region's modules (old style)
14:04:52 - [MODULES]: Could not load types for plugin DLL OpenSim.Region.CoreModules, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.  Exception Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.   at System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000]
  at System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.Invoke (BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000]
  at System.Reflection.ConstructorInfo.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000]
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type, Boolean nonPublic) [0x00000]
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type) [0x00000]
  at OpenSim.Region.Framework.ModuleLoader.LoadModules (System.String dllName) [0x00000]
14:04:52 - [APPLICATION]:
APPLICATION EXCEPTION DETECTED: System.UnhandledExceptionEventArgs

Exception: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NotImplementedException: The requested feature is not implemented.
  at System.Net.ServicePointManager.get_ServerCertificateValidationCallback () [0x00000]
  at OpenSim.Region.CoreModules.Scripting.HttpRequest.HttpRequestModule..ctor () [0x00000]
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoCMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)
[...]
InnerException: System.NotImplementedException: The requested feature is not implemented.
  at System.Net.ServicePointManager.get_ServerCertificateValidationCallback () [0x00000]
  at OpenSim.Region.CoreModules.Scripting.HttpRequest.HttpRequestModule..ctor () [0x00000]
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoCMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)
  at System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000]

Application is terminating: True

Re: OpenSim crash

Teravus Ovares
I'm not sure if this is implemented in Mono.    It didn't use to be.
Maybe they implemented it recently.   In either case, check your
version of Mono and make sure it supports
ServicePointManager.ServerCertificateValidationCallback

Regards

Teravus

On Sun, May 29, 2011 at 9:11 AM, Clive Gould <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>   at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type) [0x00000]
>   at OpenSim.Region.Framework.ModuleLoader.LoadModules (System.String
> dllName) [0x00000]
> InnerException: System.NotImplementedException: The requested feature is not
> implemented.
>   at System.Net.ServicePointManager.get_ServerCertificateValidationCallback
> () [0x00000]
>   at
> OpenSim.Region.CoreModules.Scripting.HttpRequest.HttpRequestModule..ctor ()
> [0x00000]
>   at (wrapper managed-to-native)
> System.Reflection.MonoCMethod:InternalInvoke
> (object,object[],System.Exception&)
>   at System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags
> invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters,
> System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000]

Hi Teravus

You were right :)

I've just built mono 2.6.7 from source and OpenSim 0.7.1 now works fine with mysql-5.5.12-1

Thanks again

Clive