OpenSim in Vista x64 not starting

Andrew Katavic

Hi all!

I’m having trouble getting 32bitlaunch to work. Whenever I start it up it will crash and produce the following entry in the 32bitlaunch log.

OpenSim.Application Performing compatibility checks...

2009-11-01 12:05:52,194 INFO  - OpenSim.Application Environment is compatible.

OpenSim.ConfigurationLoader Searching folder .\config for config ini files

OpenSim.ConfigurationLoader [CONFIG] Reading configuration settings

OpenSim.ConfigurationLoader [CONFIG] Could not load any configuration

OpenSim.ConfigurationLoader [CONFIG] Did you copy the OpenSim.ini.example file to OpenSim.ini?

It is looking for config file in the windows/system32/config.

I did not install opensim into program files x86 folder. Does it need to go there to work?

I do not have an opensim.ini.example file, so i’m not sure what it’s talking about there.

Re: OpenSim in Vista x64 not starting

Olish Newman
Hi Andrew,

this is because there is no config file by default. You need to make a copy of your OpenSim.ini.example file (which is in the same folder as OpenSim.exe), rename it for OpenSim.ini and edit it to fit your network and database settings.
Then it should start fine ;)

Olish.