OpenSim on 64-bit Windows

Merryman, Julia A

Hello,

I am trying to run OpenSim on 64-bit Windows.  I know that ODE needs to be rebuilt on 64-bit Windows for this to work.  I have also seen some comments that libopenmetaverse needs to be rebuilt.

I was wondering if anyone could offer more specific instructions as far as how ODE needs to be rebuilt (I have found resources about building it correctly to run on 64-bit Linux boxes, but not on Windows) and whether or not I do need to rebuild libomv as well?

Thanks,

Julia Merryman

Re: OpenSim on 64-bit Windows

Chris Hart

Hi Julia,

You can run OpenSim as a 32bit process happily on Windows 64 (and it runs very well) without any recompilation fun by running OpenSim.32BitLauncher.exe instead of OpenSim.exe. But if you want to run as a native 64bit process, then yes, I believe there’s some fun involved with ODE that I have to admit I’ve not explored yet.

Hope that helps,

Chris

Re: OpenSim on 64-bit Windows

Merryman, Julia A

Yes, I have been running it with the forced 32-bit launcher, but that it seems like that is kind of a waste.  Since I’m doing benchmarking I was really hoping to get a 64-bit version working,  but the building ODE properly has been quite a task.