OpenSim release candidate 0.6.9.rc2 available

OpenSim release candidate 0.6.9.rc2 available

justincc
Hi folks,

I just put together packages for 0.6.9.rc2, which is the second release candidate for 0.6.9.

Compared to 0.6.9.rc1, this includes

* HTTP texture downloading.

* A fix for running the user grid server on the console.

* A new default SQLite database adapter which allows sqlite to be used with Mono 2.6 and later (and earlier) on Linux.  Unfortunately, this does not work for Mac OSX.  In fact, anybody using SQLite with Mono 2.4 on Linux will need to switch back to the legacy adapter in both OpenSim,ini and StandaloneCommon.ini (if running standalone).  Instructions can be found in OpenSim.ini.example and StandaloneCommon.ini.example.  This problem will not be fixed for 0.6.9, though hopefully it can be resolved for 0.7.  The new adaptor works with no known problems on Windows.

* A symptom squasher for Mantis 4588 (NullReferenceException in the CombatModule when avatars cross regions or log in).

Download links for binary and source packages are available on http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Download

Testing would be much appreciated, particularly of the new sqlite database module.  I anticipate that rc2 will become 0.6.9 proper soon - only super-critical showstopper bugs in 0.6.9.rc2 will be addressed.

I'll put together a list of major changes since 0.6.8 when 0.6.9 is released.

Best,

Re: OpenSim release candidate 0.6.9.rc2 available

Master_Mirage
If this is .69 postfix baised, we found that auto ret objects become ghost prims in full grid mode. Usauly happens if theres a few being returned at the same time. The inventory server then freeks because it cant actualy return the stuff to the owners lost and found and floods the console with exceptions over and over.
when running .69 pre fix's rc1 (reverting back) it cleand it up right away on region start. I was going to mantis it but others may want to see if its an issue or not in other modes. We could only test it in win 32 mode as a Full Grid Instance with MySql server.
Tnx
Our New Web Page
Http://www.TritonGrid.com

Master_Mirage wrote:
> If this is .69 postfix baised, we found that auto ret objects become ghost
> prims in full grid mode. Usauly happens if theres a few being returned at
> the same time. The inventory server then freeks because it cant actualy
> return the stuff to the owners lost and found and floods the console with
> exceptions over and over.
> when running .69 pre fix's rc1 (reverting back) it cleand it up right away
> on region start. I was going to mantis it but others may want to see if its
> an issue or not in other modes. We could only test it in win 32 mode as a
> Full Grid Instance with MySql server.

None of the code in this area changed between RC1 and RC2, so I would guess that any difference is down to randomness.

Even if it is an issue, I'm afraid that it isn't supercritical enough to be addressed in 0.6.9 and will have to wait for 0.7.

OpenSim 0.6.9.rc2 - Can't link objects...

Opensimfan
I can't link objects with OpenSim 0.6.9.rc2, please test this, this way i know if its my configuration or a actual bug... thanks..
OpenSimFan

My Opensim/Second Life Blog
http://verwijs.wordpress.com

(Dutch, basic hardware/software help windows, Mac, Linux)
http://verwijs-pc.nl

My Twitter Page:
http://twitter.com/OpenSimFan

My Facebook page (be my friend, please )
http://www.facebook.com/andre.verwijs

My Google+ page (follow me please )
André Verwijs - Google+

Re: OpenSim 0.6.9.rc2 - Can't link objects...

Master_Mirage
this i think is addresed here

tnx
Our New Web Page
Http://www.TritonGrid.com

My Google+ page (follow me please )
André Verwijs - Google+

Re: OpenSim 0.6.9.rc2 - Can't link objects...

cliveg
Hi

As Estate Manager, if I create two objects, select them both and
choose link, they will move or resize together providing the edit menu
is still open.

As soon as I close the edit menu the objects automatically unlink again!

Clive

Re: OpenSim 0.6.9.rc2 - Can't link objects...

Opensimfan
thank you for replying..

This could be, i haven't tested this... for now i'm sticking to rc1...

Dutch..

André Verwijs - Google+

Re: OpenSim 0.6.9.rc2 - Can't link objects...

Master_Mirage
clive gould-2 wrote
Hi

As Estate Manager, if I create two objects, select them both and
choose link, they will move or resize together providing the edit menu
is still open.

As soon as I close the edit menu the objects automatically unlink again!

Clive
Our Full beta grid tests (Lan as well as web clients) of rc2 also find this problem and was built from source trunk. It dosent matter how we tryed it. Also the ghosted prim problem and the resulting ROBUST inventory flood remains. Trees also donot work (was pointed out in another post). So for now the winner is .69 rc1 as none of these are problems at that rev.
Im not shure any of that fits the view of whats a show stopper or not but thats what we get in win32 full grid tests at this point.

Our New Web Page
Http://www.TritonGrid.com

DutchGlory wrote:
> thank you... i will check it out, or g back to rc1....

I presume you're using 0.6.9.rc2 as downloaded from dist.opensimulator.org and this is just ordinary linking?  If so, I'll have to check that out, since rc2 should have incorporated all the linking fixes that currently allow 0.6.9-post-fixes to work fine.

Re: OpenSim 0.6.9.rc2 - Can't link objects...

Master_Mirage
justincc wrote
DutchGlory wrote:
> thank you... i will check it out, or g back to rc1....

I presume you're using 0.6.9.rc2 as downloaded from dist.opensimulator.org and this is just ordinary linking?  If so, I'll have to check that out, since rc2 should have incorporated all the linking fixes that currently allow 0.6.9-post-fixes to work fine.

For us it was from the view git repo and built with c#2008 on win32 .net 3.5 full.
we tryed simple one owner cubes and would not link, also tryed group type functions as well as Master Avie and none would link. It lets you select them but thats about it.
I dont have the git hash handy but i can get that if needed.
I see from the logs that something was back ported to rc2 as a security fix for linking. After we saw the FIX is when we dl rc2 from the repo. Not shure if there were more updates to it after that or not.
RC1 dosent have the problem nor does .7+. We dident try the allready built version of rc2 at all though.

Our New Web Page
Http://www.TritonGrid.com

Re: OpenSim 0.6.9.rc2 - Can't link objects...

Jor3l Boa
download the last GIT and compile it, the error is fixed

Re: OpenSim 0.6.9.rc2 - Can't link objects...

Opensimfan
OK, thank all for replaying...

and how exactly do i download rc2 (or post-fixes) with git?
I have tried using this open-simulator blog thread http://osgrid.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1791
but id think the path is correct...

I have Git-1.7.0.2-preview 2010.03.09 installed.

André Verwijs - Google+