OpenSim services bundle test

core
I'm posting a link to a preliminary version of my OpenSim services 'care
package'.  To recap, it contains everything needed to (manually) install
Groups, Profiles, Search and Offline Messages using a single database
and is assembled from existing modules that seem to work the best under
most conditions.  It's not 100% complete as far as detailed instructions
go (which I'm working on) and I still haven't tested it under IIS or on
a MAC (which I'm also working on), but there's a quickstart guide and
all the necessary files are included.  All comments, corrections and
contributions are welcome and desired.  Hopefully someone will find this
useful :)

The file is named 'Opensim_Services.zip' - there's also a checksum/virus
scan log for the properly paranoid...

http://public.odosys.net/files/opensim/os_modules/

- Core/Jason
- [hidden email]

Re: OpenSim services bundle test

Randy Pierce
Fleep, been following your information on your Wiki, but when I attempted to go grab the module package, I could not find it (either on your Wiki or at original source). Can you provide a new URL where this can be found?
Changing the world - one prim at a time! The Insight Concepts Grid http://gcse.dyndns.org:8002

Re: OpenSim services bundle test

Laurent Bechir

I would be interested too :)

30 décembre 2011 17:10
Fleep, been following your information on your Wiki, but when I attempted to
go grab the module package, I could not find it (either on your Wiki or at
original source). Can you provide a new URL where this can be found?

14 novembre 2011 22:00
[...]

i've placed the services bundle in 2 locations:

static download for general use:
http://opensim.odosys.net/files/ (in 'OpenSim_Services')

and a repository for code monkeys:
https://github.com/anticore/os_services_bundle

my apologies - i had to relocate it from the address in earlier posts
due to restructuring of my web space.  these new locations are
permanent.  enjoy :)

- core/jason

On 12/30/2011 10:10 AM, Randy Pierce wrote:

> Fleep, been following your information on your Wiki, but when I attempted to
> go grab the module package, I could not find it (either on your Wiki or at
> original source). Can you provide a new URL where this can be found?

Re: OpenSim services bundle test

Randy Pierce
Thanks for the post Jason.

Now for the next question - does anyone have a fact sheet with specific instructions or a multiple OPENSIM server installation? I have been trying this for days but cannot get the servers to see the ROBUST server correctly. All are behind the same LAN ... appreciate any documents or URLs that will provide this information.

Randy and Family

On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 5:59 PM, core [via opensim-users] wrote:

 i've placed the services bundle in 2 locations: static download for general use: http://opensim.odosys.net/files/ (in 'OpenSim_Services') and a repository for code monkeys: https://github.com/anticore/os_services_bundlemy apologies - i had to relocate it from the address in earlier posts due to restructuring of my web space.  these new locations are permanent.  enjoy :) - core/jason On 12/30/2011 10:10 AM, Randy Pierce wrote: > Fleep, been following your information on your Wiki, but when I attempted to > go grab the module package, I could not find it (either on your Wiki or at > original source). Can you provide a new URL where this can be found? > > -- > View this message in context: http://opensim-users.2152040.n2.nabble.com/OpenSim-services-bundle-test-tp6994076p7138427.html> Sent from the opensim-users mailing list archive at Nabble.com. > _______________________________________________ > Opensim-users mailing list > [hidden email]> https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users

Changing the world - one prim at a time! The Insight Concepts Grid http://gcse.dyndns.org:8002

Re: OpenSim services bundle test

Gwyneth Llewelyn
Hi there,

Just a bump on this thread — I had to move my own grid to a different server and grabbed the opportunity to install the new OpenSim Services bundle from core.mimetic. They worked like a charm, and I love the single configuration file :) Thank you very much :-)

I'm still stuck at figuring out how to get profiles working across HG teleports. It seems I'm not the only one: when I view content obtained from a different grid, the name of the content creator is correctly displayed, but, so far, on the few tests I made, I don't get their profiles (from the remote grid). I wonder what trick is required to get cross-grid profiles working well?

There was a slight hiccup when I realised that my PHP version didn't have XML-RPC built-in. Fortunately, on this "new" server, I was able to quickly add that module and relaunch Apache. But perhaps for the next version you might do a check to see if xmlrpc_create_* is defined, and if not, use an alternative XML-RPC handler instead? (Some hosting providers disallow adding modules to PHP). I've posted the (tested) code here: http://forge.opensimulator.org/gf/project/osprofile/forum/?action=ForumBrowse&forum_id=314&_forum_action=ForumMessageBrowse&thread_id=319 — although I didn't add any checks. I've used the Incutio XML-RPC library which is currently maintained by Automattic's WordPress and, as such, is supposed to be free of nasty bugs.

Great work as always, core! Thank you very much!

        - Gwyn

On 2011/12/30, at 23:58, core wrote:

> i've placed the services bundle in 2 locations:
>
> static download for general use:
> http://opensim.odosys.net/files/ (in 'OpenSim_Services')
>
> and a repository for code monkeys:
> https://github.com/anticore/os_services_bundle
>
> my apologies - i had to relocate it from the address in earlier posts
> due to restructuring of my web space.  these new locations are
> permanent.  enjoy :)
>
> - core/jason
>

> On 12/30/2011 10:10 AM, Randy Pierce wrote:
>> Fleep, been following your information on your Wiki, but when I attempted to
>> go grab the module package, I could not find it (either on your Wiki or at
>> original source). Can you provide a new URL where this can be found?

"I'm not building a game. I'm building a new country."
  -- Philip "Linden" Rosedale, interview to Wired, 2004-05-08

Re: OpenSim services bundle test

Klaus-E. Klingner
Hi

has this bundle been updated for v0.73 yet?

Regards,

Klaus

On 31.12.2011 00:58, core wrote:

> i've placed the services bundle in 2 locations:
>
> static download for general use:
> http://opensim.odosys.net/files/ (in 'OpenSim_Services')
>
> and a repository for code monkeys:
> https://github.com/anticore/os_services_bundle
>
> my apologies - i had to relocate it from the address in earlier posts
> due to restructuring of my web space.  these new locations are
> permanent.  enjoy :)
>
> - core/jason
>

> On 12/30/2011 10:10 AM, Randy Pierce wrote:
>> Fleep, been following your information on your Wiki, but when I attempted to
>> go grab the module package, I could not find it (either on your Wiki or at
>> original source). Can you provide a new URL where this can be found?

Re: OpenSim services bundle test

core
sorry, i've been occupied with some personal issues as of late and have
lost track of ongoing projects.  i'll take a look at it and see what
needs to be updated in the documentation/files.

core

On 3/7/2012 1:10 PM, Klaus-E. Klingner wrote:

> Hi
>
> has this bundle been updated for v0.73 yet?
>
> Regards,
>
> Klaus
>
> On 31.12.2011 00:58, core wrote:
>> i've placed the services bundle in 2 locations:
>>
>> static download for general use:
>> http://opensim.odosys.net/files/ (in 'OpenSim_Services')
>>
>> and a repository for code monkeys:
>> https://github.com/anticore/os_services_bundle
>>
>> my apologies - i had to relocate it from the address in earlier posts
>> due to restructuring of my web space.  these new locations are
>> permanent.  enjoy :)
>>
>> - core/jason
>>

>> On 12/30/2011 10:10 AM, Randy Pierce wrote:
>>> Fleep, been following your information on your Wiki, but when I
>>> attempted to
>>> go grab the module package, I could not find it (either on your Wiki
>>> or at
>>> original source). Can you provide a new URL where this can be found?

Re: OpenSim services bundle test

Fleep Tuque
Has anyone verified that the 0.7.2 opensim services bundle does NOT work with 0.7.3?

I haven't upgraded yet but was wondering if the package as it exists now will still work with 0.7.3.

- Chris/Fleep

Chris M. Collins (SL/OS: Fleep Tuque)
Center for Simulations & Virtual Environments Research (UCSIM)
UCIT Instructional & Research Computing
University of Cincinnati
406A Zimmer Hall
315 College Drive
PO BOX 210088
Cincinnati, OH 45221-0088
(513) 556-3018

http://ucsim.uc.edu

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 4:47 PM, core <[hidden email]> wrote:
sorry, i've been occupied with some personal issues as of late and have
lost track of ongoing projects.  i'll take a look at it and see what
needs to be updated in the documentation/files.

core

On 3/7/2012 1:10 PM, Klaus-E. Klingner wrote:
> Hi
>
> has this bundle been updated for v0.73 yet?
>
> Regards,
>
> Klaus
>
> On 31.12.2011 00:58, core wrote:
>> i've placed the services bundle in 2 locations:
>>
>> static download for general use:
>> http://opensim.odosys.net/files/ (in 'OpenSim_Services')
>>
>> and a repository for code monkeys:
>> https://github.com/anticore/os_services_bundle
>>
>> my apologies - i had to relocate it from the address in earlier posts
>> due to restructuring of my web space.  these new locations are
>> permanent.  enjoy :)
>>
>> - core/jason
>>

>> On 12/30/2011 10:10 AM, Randy Pierce wrote:
>>> Fleep, been following your information on your Wiki, but when I
>>> attempted to
>>> go grab the module package, I could not find it (either on your Wiki
>>> or at
>>> original source). Can you provide a new URL where this can be found?

Re: OpenSim services bundle test

Klaus-E. Klingner
Hallo,

I have the bundle running with one exception: I had to go back to an older version of the groups module (the one before the newest), because I would get an XMLRPC-error when trying to create a group. Using the version I used before installing the bundle fixed the problem.

Regards,

Klaus