OpenSim to MySQL connection question

Robert Klein
I am experiencing an issue with the connection to the MySQL server dropping during idle time. To get around this I simply run a ping every five seconds from the OpenSim server to the MySQL server. Is there a setting either in MySQL or OpenSim that can do this to keep a constant connection going? I am using Ubuntu Jaunty for both.

Thanks,

-Robert

Re: OpenSim to MySQL connection question

Jeroen van Veen
Yes,

set mysql's /etc/mysql/my.cnf
wait_timeout            = 31536000

That will keep the connection up for a year.

Jeroen