OpenSim turns Three

Stefan Andersson-3

Hey people,

Just figured I’d remind you out that in less than two months, on 29th of Jan 2010, OpenSim turns three. Celebrations and announcements are in order.

As a starter, this is my blog post from the last birthday:

http://lbsa71.net/2009/01/21/opensim-turns-two/

Love,

/Stefan

Re: OpenSim turns Three

Frisby, Adam

I’d say some celebrations are in order definitely. It’s pretty rare for an OSS project to maintain such momentum over a period as long – and the last 6 months have really begun to stabilise the codebase in a serious way (I blame John.).

Adam

Opensim Wave?

Aldon Hynes
Okay, I must admit I've mostly been sitting on the sidelines recently.  I still have OpenSim 0.5 installed on a computer or two...

Anyway, there have been some interesting discussions recently about Second Life - Google Wave integration.  Much of it is focused on the fact that Google Wave runs as a XMPP component (XEP-114).  I seem to recall there had been some work with OpenSim/XMPP.  Looking at it, it looks like OpenSim/XMPP is focused on OpenSim as an XMPP client instead of an XMPP component.

Are there people around interested in OpenSim/Wave connectivity?  Thoughts about what that might look like?  Drop me a note if your interested.

I do have a FedOne Wave server running and have been testing different clients and would love to share ideas.

Aldon