OpenSimulator 0.7.5-rc1 now available

justincc
Hi folks.  The first release candidate for the next OpenSimulator version, 0.7.5-rc1 [1], is now available [2].  As
ever, there are a large number of changes, the highlights of which are in the release notes.

As with previous releases, only regressions compared to previous release are guaranteed to be addressed in some way
(where this can still be WONTFIX).  Please file this under the 0.7.5-rc1 release option in Mantis.

As ever, many many thanks to all those who contributed to this release in whatever capacity.

[1] http://opensimulator.org/wiki/0.7.5_Release
[2] http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Download

Best,

OSVW Consulting

Weirdness with region layouts on Diva Distro?

John Sheridan
My apologies if this isn't the place to ask regarding issues for the
Diva Distro, but I'm not sure where else to ask.  Last night, I was able
to get my installation running perfectly with the default four region
square. Hypergrid was working awesomely, and region crossings were
flawless.  Not even a blip when crossing the border.

However, this afternoon after going to customize my layout a bit, I seem
to have broken something.  I'm trying to redo the four region square
into a T shape where the three main regions are in a strip with one
region at the bottom.  Sort of like:

[Sandbox]    [Ellis]    [Liberty]
                 [Ravenport]

But after changing around the Regions.ini file to match this, suddenly
all heck has broken loose.  If I log into the center region (Ellis),
none of the surrounding regions are visible in the scene. I can see them
on the world map, however teleporting to each will either fail or place
me out in the ocean while saying that I'm still in the center region at
some odd co-ordinate like 72, 500, 22.  If I log directly into one of
the surrounding regions, it will actually say that I'm on the correct
region however I'm stuck at 0, 0, 0.

So far, I've tried purging / rebuilding the database as well clearing
the viewer's cache.  The only thing I've not yet tried was backing up
the configuration files and purging the OpenSim folder itself.  Is it
possible I've maybe goofed the region config file?

RegionConfig.ini is as follows, and I'm running on Debian / Testing with
Mono 2.10.8.1, MySql 5.5.28.

; * Regions configuration file
; * This is Your World

[Ellis Island]
RegionUUID = "e0893769-95ae-4789-ba71-5cc8da42aab1"
Location = "1393,2206"
InternalAddress = "0.0.0.0"
InternalPort = 9001
AllowAlternatePorts = False
ExternalHostName = "pseudospace.net"

[Jersey Sandbox]
RegionUUID = "a19d1a7f-372d-460d-b5f8-7ca64c8e81ff"
Location = "1394,2206"
InternalAddress = "0.0.0.0"
InternalPort = 9003
AllowAlternatePorts = False
ExternalHostName = "pseudospace.net"

[Liberty Island]
RegionUUID = "72b0ba2e-39b5-47a6-bca5-38d749815ab5"
Location = "1392,2206"
InternalAddress = "0.0.0.0"
InternalPort = 9000
AllowAlternatePorts = False
ExternalHostName = "pseudospace.net"

[Ravenport]
RegionUUID = "cfba9212-b131-40b8-ae8a-44626270531d"
Location = "1393,2207"
InternalAddress = "0.0.0.0"
InternalPort = 9002
AllowAlternatePorts = False
ExternalHostName = "pseudospace.net"

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated?  :)

Thanks,

  - John / Orion Pseudo

Re: OpenSimulator 0.7.5-rc1 now available

Randy Pierce
I am very excited about tying 0.7.5.RC1, but am having some issues. Regardless of how I set the data (MySQL is what I have the gridcommon.ini in the Config-Include directory set for) it still wants to set the data file to an SQLlite type of file and cannot seem to see my SQL file from 0.7.4

0.7.4 worked fine. Is there anything that I need to refer to. I have the regions and config-include directory in their entirety as well as the ini files. I cannot get past this point of the system wanting to use the SQLlite data file.
Changing the world - one prim at a time! The Insight Concepts Grid http://gcse.dyndns.org:8002

Re: OpenSimulator 0.7.5-rc1 now available

R.Gunther
Do yo have both lines enabled.

StorageProvider = "OpenSim.Data.MySQL.dll"
ConnectionString = "Data Source=localhost;Database=opensim;User
ID=opensim;Password=***;Old Guids=true;"

ANd all Sqlite lines disabled in the config file ?

On 2013-01-05 23:17, Randy Pierce wrote:

> I am very excited about tying 0.7.5.RC1, but am having some issues.
> Regardless of how I set the data (MySQL is what I have the gridcommon.ini in
> the Config-Include directory set for) it still wants to set the data file to
> an SQLlite type of file and cannot seem to see my SQL file from 0.7.4
>
> 0.7.4 worked fine. Is there anything that I need to refer to. I have the
> regions and config-include directory in their entirety as well as the ini
> files. I cannot get past this point of the system wanting to use the SQLlite
> data file.

Re: Weirdness with region layouts on Diva Distro?

John Sheridan
Ok, nevermind... Found it!  Didn't realize megaregions were enabled by
default.  All is well and the world is right once more.  *faints*

On 01/05/2013 04:59 PM, John Sheridan wrote:

> My apologies if this isn't the place to ask regarding issues for the
> Diva Distro, but I'm not sure where else to ask.  Last night, I was
> able to get my installation running perfectly with the default four
> region square. Hypergrid was working awesomely, and region crossings
> were flawless.  Not even a blip when crossing the border.
>
> However, this afternoon after going to customize my layout a bit, I
> seem to have broken something.  I'm trying to redo the four region
> square into a T shape where the three main regions are in a strip with
> one region at the bottom.  Sort of like:
>
> [Sandbox]    [Ellis]    [Liberty]
>                 [Ravenport]
>
> But after changing around the Regions.ini file to match this, suddenly
> all heck has broken loose.  If I log into the center region (Ellis),
> none of the surrounding regions are visible in the scene. I can see
> them on the world map, however teleporting to each will either fail or
> place me out in the ocean while saying that I'm still in the center
> region at some odd co-ordinate like 72, 500, 22.  If I log directly
> into one of the surrounding regions, it will actually say that I'm on
> the correct region however I'm stuck at 0, 0, 0.
>
> So far, I've tried purging / rebuilding the database as well clearing
> the viewer's cache.  The only thing I've not yet tried was backing up
> the configuration files and purging the OpenSim folder itself.  Is it
> possible I've maybe goofed the region config file?
>
> RegionConfig.ini is as follows, and I'm running on Debian / Testing
> with Mono 2.10.8.1, MySql 5.5.28.
>
> ; * Regions configuration file
> ; * This is Your World
>
> [Ellis Island]
> RegionUUID = "e0893769-95ae-4789-ba71-5cc8da42aab1"
> Location = "1393,2206"
> InternalAddress = "0.0.0.0"
> InternalPort = 9001
> AllowAlternatePorts = False
> ExternalHostName = "pseudospace.net"
>
> [Jersey Sandbox]
> RegionUUID = "a19d1a7f-372d-460d-b5f8-7ca64c8e81ff"
> Location = "1394,2206"
> InternalAddress = "0.0.0.0"
> InternalPort = 9003
> AllowAlternatePorts = False
> ExternalHostName = "pseudospace.net"
>
> [Liberty Island]
> RegionUUID = "72b0ba2e-39b5-47a6-bca5-38d749815ab5"
> Location = "1392,2206"
> InternalAddress = "0.0.0.0"
> InternalPort = 9000
> AllowAlternatePorts = False
> ExternalHostName = "pseudospace.net"
>
> [Ravenport]
> RegionUUID = "cfba9212-b131-40b8-ae8a-44626270531d"
> Location = "1393,2207"
> InternalAddress = "0.0.0.0"
> InternalPort = 9002
> AllowAlternatePorts = False
> ExternalHostName = "pseudospace.net"
>
> Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated?  :)
>
> Thanks,
>
>  - John / Orion Pseudo

Re: OpenSimulator 0.7.5-rc1 now available

Randy Pierce
Thanks for the assist, but this was the very first thing I checked.

At the present time, I am totally removing the 0.7.4 version directory and replacing it with 0.7.5 to ensure there are no leftovers. As I said, 0.7.4 ran totally fine with no errors. Just got to heavy in the memory category to warrant staying on 7.4 when this version became available.
Changing the world - one prim at a time! The Insight Concepts Grid http://gcse.dyndns.org:8002

Re: Weirdness with region layouts on Diva Distro?

John Sheridan
Fleep, mega regions turned out to be what was causing the weirdness.  Its been so long since I've installed an OpenSim I didn't realize its operation or that it was even enabled.  After switching that option off everything went back to normal.

Thanks, :)

 - John / Orion
On 01/05/2013 06:22 PM, Fleep Tuque wrote:
[...]

Ken Grunke
On 1/5/2013 6:28 PM, John Sheridan wrote:
Fleep, mega regions turned out to be what was causing the weirdness.  Its been so long since I've installed an OpenSim I didn't realize its operation or that it was even enabled.  After switching that option off everything went back to normal.

If you had intended a megaregion, the Region.ini would have to be in order from SW to NE starting with Ravenport and ending in Liberty.

And unless things have changed since I have done megaregions, there are no constraints on number of regions or layout.

Ken aka Key Gruin @ OSGrid

[...]

InuYasha Meiji
I my have a 56 region grid on my machine.  As I once said, it is rough,
I need to upgrade.  However it does work pretty well.  Laughing:  Just
wait till I fill a bunch with more objects then my poor system can handle.

The point I meant to make is on two regions closest to the center of my
8 region by 7 region grid is two set on one instance for megaregions.
Those two will hold Shuri Castle.  I used a mega region as only two
regions in a row, so people walking from the large court yard to the
steps to get inside, wouldn't drift under the steps or do anything funny
on the way in.

If I get the 32 core server with 256GB of ram I want, I may have to mega
region the entire grid, because it solves one problem but seems to
create another when crossing from the mega region back to regular
regions.  Very slow, and you end up drifting for a while.

On 1/5/2013 6:22 PM, Fleep Tuque wrote:
> I'm not an expert on diva distro or mega regions, but I thought you
> could only use mega regions in a 4x4 configuration.  I'm sure someone
> will correct me if I'm wrong.
>
> -Chris/Fleep

Opensim User: In Gridmode  on Version 0.7.4. Nine Instances with 56 Regions. on Windows 7, 64-bit. Phenom 9500 2.2 GHz Quad Core, Terabyte Hard Drive, 8gig DDR2 RAM.  Used XAMPP to load PHP Version 5.3.0, Apache
and MySQL 5.1.41-community edition.  Groups, Profiles, Vivox Voice and
Offline Messages all working. (Not yet Public, 6 users allowed Now).

Re: Weirdness with region layouts on Diva Distro?

John Sheridan
Thanks gang, I think I've pretty much got things configured the way I
want them.  One individual region per section seems to work best for my
needs.  Now, I'm off to the task of actually rebuilding all this stuff.
Of course after I get my avatar pieced back together!  Luckily I found
an old oar of Ellis, but yeesh does it ever look long in the tooth after
all that time in storage.  Time to break out Blender and start meshing
it all.  :)

I can't wait to get all of this done so I can ship it all off to a vps
somewhere (or maybe look into shipping my old 2x quad core xeon (24 gig
/ ram) 1U back to a colo) so others can visit!  Or, who knows - maybe by
that point Ma Bell (AT&T) will spring up off her walker and upgrade the
antiquated dsl lines in my neighborhood so I may actually get some real
bandwidth.  Yeesh, 11 years with 6mb down and .5mb up.  Talk about long
in the tooth! :)

Thanks again, and I hope to maybe run into some of you while I'm out
popping around the hypergrid!  :)

  - John / Orion Pseudo :)
On 01/05/2013 11:00 PM, InuYasha Meiji wrote:

> I my have a 56 region grid on my machine.  As I once said, it is
> rough, I need to upgrade.  However it does work pretty well.
> Laughing: Just wait till I fill a bunch with more objects then my poor
> system can handle.
>
> The point I meant to make is on two regions closest to the center of
> my 8 region by 7 region grid is two set on one instance for
> megaregions.  Those two will hold Shuri Castle.  I used a mega region
> as only two regions in a row, so people walking from the large court
> yard to the steps to get inside, wouldn't drift under the steps or do
> anything funny on the way in.
>
> If I get the 32 core server with 256GB of ram I want, I may have to
> mega region the entire grid, because it solves one problem but seems
> to create another when crossing from the mega region back to regular
> regions.  Very slow, and you end up drifting for a while.
>

> On 1/5/2013 6:22 PM, Fleep Tuque wrote:
>> I'm not an expert on diva distro or mega regions, but I thought you
>> could only use mega regions in a 4x4 configuration.  I'm sure someone
>> will correct me if I'm wrong.
>>
>> -Chris/Fleep

Re: Weirdness with region layouts on Diva Distro?

GarminKawaguichi
When you change from MegaRegion to standard regions with same structure,
try that console command:
        fix-phantoms
since few months it works as well in this sense.
After objects are fixed on their own region, you can change the layout
of regions keeping the same UUID

And foremost transformation assay, do not forget to make a save oar
after changing the current region to root!

GCI

Le 06/01/2013 05:13, John Sheridan a écrit :
> ... Now, I'm off to the task of actually rebuilding all this stuff...

Re: OpenSimulator 0.7.5-rc1 now available

Randy, presuming that OpenSimulator at least starts up, you can run the command

"config show DatabaseService"

from the console.  This will show you what settings OpenSimulator is actually using.

If SQLite still appears there then it is hiding in your config files somewhere.  The top of the log will show all the
various config files that OpenSimulator ends up including on startup.

On 05/01/13 23:38, Randy Pierce wrote:

> Thanks for the assist, but this was the very first thing I checked.
>
> At the present time, I am totally removing the 0.7.4 version directory and
> replacing it with 0.7.5 to ensure there are no leftovers. As I said, 0.7.4
> ran totally fine with no errors. Just got to heavy in the memory category to
> warrant staying on 7.4 when this version became available.

OSVW Consulting

RE: OpenSimulator 0.7.5-rc1 now available

Randy Pierce

I actually meant to report back to the group that I found the problem. There is a data storage line inside of the RobustHG.ini that I did not think was normally there. Once I changed the username and password everything worked fine. I can now boast an 80 region response that I plan to load test soon.

Randy, presuming that OpenSimulator at least starts up, you can run the command

"config show DatabaseService"

from the console.  This will show you what settings OpenSimulator is actually using.

If SQLite still appears there then it is hiding in your config files somewhere.  The top of the log will show all the
various config files that OpenSimulator ends up including on startup.

On 05/01/13 23:38, Randy Pierce wrote:

> Thanks for the assist, but this was the very first thing I checked.
>
> At the present time, I am totally removing the 0.7.4 version directory and
> replacing it with 0.7.5 to ensure there are no leftovers. As I said, 0.7.4
> ran totally fine with no errors. Just got to heavy in the memory category to
> warrant staying on 7.4 when this version became available.

OSVW Consulting

http://opensim-users.2152040.n2.nabble.com/OpenSimulator-0-7-5-rc1-now-available-tp7579258p7579282.html

To start a new topic under opensim-users, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from opensim-users, click here.
NAML

Changing the world - one prim at a time! The Insight Concepts Grid http://gcse.dyndns.org:8002