OpenSimulator 0.8.0.1 now available

justincc
Hi folks,

I just made OpenSimulator 0.8.0.1 available [1].  This is a bug fix release from the 0.8-post-fixes Git branch.

The major reason for this release is to address a Hypergrid teleport regression, where on teleport attachments could
disappear or sometimes appear twice.

Hence, this is probably of greatest interest to people using the Hypergrid, though this release also contains various
other fixes that should have low risk of causing regressions.  Please see the release notes [2] for more details.

There are a couple of extra configuration parameters but there are in OpenSimDefaults.ini, so if you aren't changing
this file (which we strongly recommend you don't!) then you should be fine just using your existing config files.

This release also does not contain any database migrations.

Many thanks to all the developers, testers and other community members who contributed to this!

[1] http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Download
[2] http://opensimulator.org/wiki/0.8.0.1_Release

OSVW Consulting

Re: [Opensim-dev] OpenSimulator 0.8.0.1 now available

drwhiet@spacefriends.de

i have a report from friends, that the new version seems to run fine at
first, but after a shutdown
a new region start crashes and no restart is possible .. Looks that the
database gets hurt.
So, before trying the new version create a .oar (or sql backup ; which
should be normal procedure) ..

Please don't shoot the messenger,
best regards,
Wordfromthe Wise

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

Re: [Opensim-dev] OpenSimulator 0.8.0.1 now available

Luisillo Contepomi
I am using 0.8.0.1  in 9 var regions without problems from this
morning. I restart much times testing all and installing external
modules. (windows)
No problems on Windows7-64
Regards
Luisillo