OpenSimulator 0.8 now available

justincc
Hi folks.  I'm very pleased to finally announce the release of OpenSimulator 0.8.  As usual, this is available on the
downloads page [1] with release notes at [2].

Compared to rc3, there were only a few more commits, as listed at the end of this e-mail.  None of these were major changes.

As always, huge thanks to all the developers, testers, documentation writers and other community members who contributed
to this release.  It simply wouldn't be possible without you.

25757a6 If MaterialsModule unexpected sees a part with DefaultTexture of null, log this with a warning.
5a10172 If processing a queued request fails up to the top of the stack, log the exception and move to the next request
rather than terminate the simulator.
76ee671 In materials module, if a texture entry somehow has no default entry then don't try to extract materials data
rather than throw an exception
2cdef14 Behavior change: only local users can set home in any parcel of a grid. Setting it for foreign users does not
make  sense, since cntrl+shift+H always teleports them back to their original
34a645e Manual change as per patch in mantis #7212. (the patch failed to apply, but the fix was good) Thanks FreakyTech.

[1] http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Download
[2] http://opensimulator.org/wiki/0.8_Release

OSVW Consulting

Re: OpenSimulator 0.8 now available

Luisillo Contepomi
Thank you very much Justin and to the developers team. This is a
awesome work. Thanks.

> Hi folks.  I'm very pleased to finally announce the release of OpenSimulator
> 0.8.  As usual, this is available on the downloads page [1] with release
> notes at [2].
>
> Compared to rc3, there were only a few more commits, as listed at the end of
> this e-mail.  None of these were major changes.
>
> As always, huge thanks to all the developers, testers, documentation writers
> and other community members who contributed to this release.  It simply
> wouldn't be possible without you.
>
> 25757a6 If MaterialsModule unexpected sees a part with DefaultTexture of
> null, log this with a warning.
> 5a10172 If processing a queued request fails up to the top of the stack, log
> the exception and move to the next request rather than terminate the
> simulator.
> 76ee671 In materials module, if a texture entry somehow has no default entry
> then don't try to extract materials data rather than throw an exception
> 2cdef14 Behavior change: only local users can set home in any parcel of a
> grid. Setting it for foreign users does not make  sense, since cntrl+shift+H
> always teleports them back to their original
> 34a645e Manual change as per patch in mantis #7212. (the patch failed to
> apply, but the fix was good) Thanks FreakyTech.
>
> [1] http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Download
> [2] http://opensimulator.org/wiki/0.8_Release
>
> --
> Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
> OSVW Consulting
> http://justincc.org
> http://twitter.com/justincc

Re: OpenSimulator 0.8 now available

Jeff Kelley
At 6:26 PM +0100 17/6/14, Justin Clark-Casey wrote:

>Hi folks.  I'm very pleased to finally announce the release of
>OpenSimulator 0.8.  As usual, this is available on the downloads
>page [1] with release notes at [2].

Thanks Jutsin. Thanks all devs.

Please testers, note that ConnectorProtocolVersion has changed
between 0.8-rc1 and 0.8 Release. It is now "SIMULATION/0.3".

If you copy your ini's from rc1, it will be "SIMULATION/0.2".

-- Jeff

Re: OpenSimulator 0.8 now available

Shaun T. Erickson
 >If you copy your ini's from rc1, it will be "SIMULATION/0.2".

You should never blindly copy in ini files. Every single time you
update, you should diff your files against the files in the new code and
deal with any changes. If you don't do that, you're just asking for
trouble. There are tools, like WinMerge and Beyond Compare, just to name
a couple, that make this chore trivial. Don't be complacent.

-ste

On 6/20/14, 5:40 AM, Jeff Kelley wrote:

> At 6:26 PM +0100 17/6/14, Justin Clark-Casey wrote:
>
>> Hi folks.  I'm very pleased to finally announce the release of
>> OpenSimulator 0.8.  As usual, this is available on the downloads page
>> [1] with release notes at [2].
>

> Thanks Jutsin. Thanks all devs.
>
> Please testers, note that ConnectorProtocolVersion has changed between
> 0.8-rc1 and 0.8 Release. It is now "SIMULATION/0.3".
>
> If you copy your ini's from rc1, it will be "SIMULATION/0.2".

Re: OpenSimulator 0.8 now available

Dr Ramesh Ramloll
Thanks Justin. Forever grateful.

On Sun, Jun 22, 2014 at 7:42 PM, Shaun T. Erickson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>If you copy your ini's from rc1, it will be "SIMULATION/0.2".

You should never blindly copy in ini files. Every single time you update, you should diff your files against the files in the new code and deal with any changes. If you don't do that, you're just asking for trouble. There are tools, like WinMerge and Beyond Compare, just to name a couple, that make this chore trivial. Don't be complacent.

-ste

On 6/20/14, 5:40 AM, Jeff Kelley wrote:
At 6:26 PM +0100 17/6/14, Justin Clark-Casey wrote:

Hi folks.  I'm very pleased to finally announce the release of OpenSimulator 0.8.  As usual, this is available on the downloads page [1] with release notes at [2].

Thanks Jutsin. Thanks all devs.

Please testers, note that ConnectorProtocolVersion has changed between 0.8-rc1 and 0.8 Release. It is now "SIMULATION/0.3".

If you copy your ini's from rc1, it will be "SIMULATION/0.2".

Rameshsharma Ramloll PhD, CEO CTO DeepSemaphore LLC, Affiliate Research Associate Professor, Idaho State University, Pocatello, ID 83209 Tel: 208-240-0040

Re: OpenSimulator 0.8 now available

John Sheridan
*DERP*  ...  Thank you Shaun for pointing that out!  :)