OpenSimulator crash

Philippe Scoffoni
Hello,

Sometimes, the simulator crash. Here is the last error message.

2014-08-15 10:10:53,158 ERROR - OpenSim.Application [APPLICATION]:
APPLICATION EXCEPTION DETECTED: System.UnhandledExceptionEventArgs

Exception: System.StackOverflowException: The requested operation caused a stack overflow.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) object:__icall_wrapper_mono_object_new_fast (intptr)
  at System.Exception.get_StackTrace () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at OpenSim.Region.Framework.Scenes.AsyncSceneObjectGroupDeleter.InventoryDeQueueAndDelete () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at OpenSim.Region.Framework.Scenes.AsyncSceneObjectGroupDeleter.InventoryRunDeleteTimer (System.Object sender, System.Timers.ElapsedEventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Timers.Timer.Callback (System.Object state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Threading.Timer+Scheduler.TimerCB (System.Object o) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Application is terminating: True

Before the crash, I've had an errors like :

2014-08-15 10:10:32,867 INFO  - OpenSim.Region.Framework.Scenes.ScenePresence [SCENE PRESENCE]: Completing movement of admin mezalab into region BacASable3b in position <127.2009, 115.3559, 25.38789>
2014-08-15 10:10:32,867 DEBUG - OpenSim.Region.Framework.Scenes.ScenePresence [SCENE PRESENCE]: Restarting scripts in attachments for admin mezalab in BacASable3b
2014-08-15 10:10:32,869 ERROR - OpenSim.Region.ScriptEngine.XEngine.XEngine [Script]: SceneObjectPart with localID 0 unavailable. Script NOT started.

If anyone has an idea of what can cause these crash. I don't know if there'is enough information to create an issue on Mantis...

Thanks for your help

Philippe

Re: OpenSimulator crash

Luisillo Contepomi
Seem that the crash is after a teleport when try to start attached
scripts. Is this correct?
Please more information:
¿Client and server are in the same machine? ¿How much memory have?
¿Region is Standalone or is Grid? ¿Have you configured OpenSim.ini
AppDomainLoading = false or true? ¿Is deleted scripts before start
region?¿Have this issue always or is random after a teleport?¿Can you
reproduce it always?
Regards,
Luisillo

> Hello,
>
> Sometimes, the simulator crash. Here is the last error message.
>
> 2014-08-15 10:10:53,158 ERROR - OpenSim.Application [APPLICATION]:
> APPLICATION EXCEPTION DETECTED: System.UnhandledExceptionEventArgs
>
> Exception: System.StackOverflowException: The requested operation caused a
> stack overflow.
>   at (wrapper managed-to-native) object:__icall_wrapper_mono_object_new_fast
> (intptr)
>   at System.Exception.get_StackTrace () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
>   at
> OpenSim.Region.Framework.Scenes.AsyncSceneObjectGroupDeleter.InventoryDeQueueAndDelete
> () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
>   at
> OpenSim.Region.Framework.Scenes.AsyncSceneObjectGroupDeleter.InventoryRunDeleteTimer
> (System.Object sender, System.Timers.ElapsedEventArgs e) [0x00000] in
> <filename unknown>:0
>   at System.Timers.Timer.Callback (System.Object state) [0x00000] in
> <filename unknown>:0
>   at System.Threading.Timer+Scheduler.TimerCB (System.Object o) [0x00000] in
> <filename unknown>:0
>
> Application is terminating: True
>
> Before the crash, I've had an errors like :
>
> 2014-08-15 10:10:32,867 INFO  -
> OpenSim.Region.Framework.Scenes.ScenePresence [SCENE PRESENCE]: Completing
> movement of admin mezalab into region BacASable3b in position <127.2009,
> 115.3559, 25.38789>
> 2014-08-15 10:10:32,867 DEBUG -
> OpenSim.Region.Framework.Scenes.ScenePresence [SCENE PRESENCE]: Restarting
> scripts in attachments for admin mezalab in BacASable3b
> 2014-08-15 10:10:32,869 ERROR - OpenSim.Region.ScriptEngine.XEngine.XEngine
> [Script]: SceneObjectPart with localID 0 unavailable. Script NOT started.
>
> If anyone has an idea of what can cause these crash. I don't know if
> there'is enough information to create an issue on Mantis...
>
> Thanks for your help
>
> Philippe

Re: OpenSimulator crash

Philippe Scoffoni
Hi

Le 15/08/2014 13:02, Luisillo Contepomi a écrit :
> Seem that the crash is after a teleport when try to start attached
> scripts. Is this correct?
Not every time...
> Please more information:
> ¿Client and server are in the same machine?
No
> ¿How much memory have?
6Go for OpenSim Server running the region who crashed.Using Debian 7
with Mono 2.10 in a virtual machine (container penVz 3 with Proxmox)
> ¿Region is Standalone or is Grid?
It's a grid. The grid is running in another virtual machine
> ¿Have you configured OpenSim.ini AppDomainLoading = false or true?
I don't change the default valu, so I would answer true
> ¿Is deleted scripts before start region?
I d'ont think... Not sure about what all users are doing..
> ¿Have this issue always or is random after a teleport?
It's a random issue...
> ¿Can you reproduce it always?
No :-(

Thanks for your help

Philippe

Re: OpenSimulator crash

Luisillo Contepomi
Hello Philippe,
Bad issue.. is aleatory and we cannot reproduce it "by now" then we
must think that is not a bug.

I think that can be incompatible mono versions or bad cached script.

Are you using a OpenSim version compiled by you, or is a binary version?
If is binary, can have problem with mono versions. Download the source
version and compile you for your server and your mono version.

I am thinking too... that may be is a corrupted script attached to
avatar when teleport.
The new region must recompile this script and can not do it because
can not create/delete it or have not permisions for to do a new
script.dll.
Review the file owner and group ... ¿Are all files in bin directory
owned by the user:group running OpenSim.exe or the root user? this
include the cache files and directories if your cache are out of /bin
directory.

Refresh all scripts compiled deleting the old  files in
/ScriptEngine/* directory.
Refresh the caché files deleting the old files in /assetscache/* directory
When restart the region all will be renew, caché and scripts and try
to reproduce the problem.

Excuseme by bad English.
Best regards,
Luisillo

> Hi
>
> Le 15/08/2014 13:02, Luisillo Contepomi a écrit :
>>
>> Seem that the crash is after a teleport when try to start attached
>> scripts. Is this correct?
>
> Not every time...
>>
>> Please more information:
>> ¿Client and server are in the same machine?
>
> No
>>
>> ¿How much memory have?
>
> 6Go for OpenSim Server running the region who crashed.Using Debian 7 with
> Mono 2.10 in a virtual machine (container penVz 3 with Proxmox)
>>
>> ¿Region is Standalone or is Grid?
>
> It's a grid. The grid is running in another virtual machine
>>
>> ¿Have you configured OpenSim.ini AppDomainLoading = false or true?
>
> I don't change the default valu, so I would answer true
>>
>> ¿Is deleted scripts before start region?
>
> I d'ont think... Not sure about what all users are doing..
>>
>> ¿Have this issue always or is random after a teleport?
>
> It's a random issue...
>>
>> ¿Can you reproduce it always?
>
> No :-(
>
> Thanks for your help
>
> Philippe

Re: OpenSimulator crash

Philippe Scoffoni
Hi Luisillo,
Thanks for your suggestions :-)
I will check all this point and maybe try to compile OpenSim.
Regards
Philippe