Opensim 0.7.3 Diva distro problem

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Opensim 0.7.3 Diva distro problem

fokides

Hi all,

 

A couple of months ago I posted a message asking for help on how to play video and mp3 files in my regions (and not just in the SW region) while using the Diva distro.

After many trials and errors and mostly by chance, I was able to do so by doing the following:

1.       Create different regions as part of different estates

2.       Have as many RegionConfig.ini files as my regions

3.       Change CombineContiguousRegions to true in \bin\config-includeDivaPreferences.ini file (I think that did the trick)

 

All worked perfectly well up till the recent upgrade to diva-r18222. Now when I try to walk or fly from a region to another, opensim crashes (both OpenSim.32BitLaunch.exe and OpenSim.exe) with the following error(s):  

 

 

2012-03-03 20:56:53,700 ERROR - OpenSim.Application [APPLICATION]:

APPLICATION EXCEPTION DETECTED: System.UnhandledExceptionEventArgs

 

Exception: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.String OpenSim.Region.Framework.Scenes.ScenePresence.get_Firstname()'.

   at OpenSim.Region.CoreModules.Framework.EntityTransfer.EntityTransferModule.CrossAgentToNewRegionCompleted(IAsyncResult iar)

   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.AsyncResult.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)

   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, IMessageSink replySink)

   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.AgileAsyncWorkerItem.ThreadPoolCallBack(Object o)

   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallbackInternal(_ThreadPoolWaitCallback tpWaitCallBack)

   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback(Object state)

 

Application is terminating: True

 

 

The interesting thing is that if I teleport from a region to another, the application doesn’t crash, but that’s not a solution at all.

Is there a way to fix it or, more preferably, is there a way to play videos and mp3s without the changes I mentioned?

 

Thanks in advance for your replies

Manos   


_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Opensim 0.7.3 Diva distro problem

fokides

Correction:

Change CombineContiguousRegions to false…

Sorry…


_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Opensim 0.7.3 Diva distro problem

Vanish-2
In reply to this post by fokides
1. You may want to check if the update didn't revert the megaregion  
setting to combinecontiguousregions=true again. (I think it's in  
config-include/DivaPreferences.ini)
2. If you're using Viewer 2, you can actually put any media (music, video,  
websites) on any side of a prim without using the parcel media stream.

> Hi all,
>
>
> A couple of months ago I posted a message asking for help on how to play
> video and mp3 files in my regions (and not just in the SW region) while
> using the Diva distro.
>
> After many trials and errors and mostly by chance, I was able to do so by
> doing the following:
>
> 1.       Create different regions as part of different estates
>
> 2.       Have as many RegionConfig.ini files as my regions
>
> 3.       Change CombineContiguousRegions to true in
> \bin\config-includeDivaPreferences.ini file (I think that did the trick)
>
>
> All worked perfectly well up till the recent upgrade to diva-r18222. Now
> when I try to walk or fly from a region to another, opensim crashes (both
> OpenSim.32BitLaunch.exe and OpenSim.exe) with the following error(s):
>
>
>
> 2012-03-03 20:56:53,700 ERROR - OpenSim.Application [APPLICATION]:
>
> APPLICATION EXCEPTION DETECTED: System.UnhandledExceptionEventArgs
>
>
> Exception: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found:  
> 'System.String
> OpenSim.Region.Framework.Scenes.ScenePresence.get_Firstname()'.
>
>    at
> OpenSim.Region.CoreModules.Framework.EntityTransfer.EntityTransferModule.Cro
> ssAgentToNewRegionCompleted(IAsyncResult iar)
>
>    at
> System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.AsyncResult.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage
> msg)
>
>    at
> System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(IMess
> age msg, IMessageSink replySink)
>
>    at
> System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.AgileAsyncWorkerItem.ThreadPoolCallBack(Obje
> ct o)
>
>    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext
> executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
>
>    at
> System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallbackInternal(_Thread
> PoolWaitCallback tpWaitCallBack)
>
>    at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback(Object
> state)
>
>
> Application is terminating: True
>
>
>
> The interesting thing is that if I teleport from a region to another, the
> application doesn't crash, but that's not a solution at all.
>
> Is there a way to fix it or, more preferably, is there a way to play  
> videos
> and mp3s without the changes I mentioned?
>
>
> Thanks in advance for your replies
>
> Manos
>


--
The Twilight’s Green Illuminate Beam,
This Great ImBalance, that I’ve seen,
That Trees Got Icy Branches and,
The Good In Bad, That God I’ve Been.

http://tgib.co.uk/
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Opensim 0.7.3 Diva distro problem

fokides
Oh! I think I'm totally lost on how to use media on a prim (if that is what you mention)...
Any links on that?

> If you're using Viewer 2, you can actually put any media (music, video,
>websites) on any side of a prim without using the parcel media stream.


_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Opensim 0.7.3 Diva distro problem

Diva Canto
In reply to this post by fokides
It looks like there was a broken dll in this package, sorry about that. I repackaged the whole thing again. Run Update, you'll get diva-r18222-b. Let me know if you run into the same problem. Thanks.

Diva

On 3/3/2012 11:55 AM, Fokides Aegean wrote:

Hi all,

 

A couple of months ago I posted a message asking for help on how to play video and mp3 files in my regions (and not just in the SW region) while using the Diva distro.

After many trials and errors and mostly by chance, I was able to do so by doing the following:

1.       Create different regions as part of different estates

2.       Have as many RegionConfig.ini files as my regions

3.       Change CombineContiguousRegions to true in \bin\config-includeDivaPreferences.ini file (I think that did the trick)

 

All worked perfectly well up till the recent upgrade to diva-r18222. Now when I try to walk or fly from a region to another, opensim crashes (both OpenSim.32BitLaunch.exe and OpenSim.exe) with the following error(s):  

 

 

2012-03-03 20:56:53,700 ERROR - OpenSim.Application [APPLICATION]:

APPLICATION EXCEPTION DETECTED: System.UnhandledExceptionEventArgs

 

Exception: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.String OpenSim.Region.Framework.Scenes.ScenePresence.get_Firstname()'.

   at OpenSim.Region.CoreModules.Framework.EntityTransfer.EntityTransferModule.CrossAgentToNewRegionCompleted(IAsyncResult iar)

   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.AsyncResult.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)

   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, IMessageSink replySink)

   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.AgileAsyncWorkerItem.ThreadPoolCallBack(Object o)

   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallbackInternal(_ThreadPoolWaitCallback tpWaitCallBack)

   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback(Object state)

 

Application is terminating: True

 

 

The interesting thing is that if I teleport from a region to another, the application doesn’t crash, but that’s not a solution at all.

Is there a way to fix it or, more preferably, is there a way to play videos and mp3s without the changes I mentioned?

 

Thanks in advance for your replies

Manos   



_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users


_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Opensim 0.7.3 Diva distro problem

Steven Salter
Diva, how quickly you produced the 0.7.3 Diva distro!  Thank you very much.

I just DL'd the -b version. Since I'm still in playing around/learning mode I zapped my DB, rebuilt it, copied over my old region ini file, ran opensim.exe (the 64 bit version, Yay!) and am now standing in a new pristine world.   Total time: 15 minutes. Wifi working and all.   :)

Thanks again,
Steve





From: [hidden email] [[hidden email]] on behalf of Diva Canto [[hidden email]]
Sent: Saturday, March 03, 2012 4:55 PM
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: [Opensim-users] Opensim 0.7.3 Diva distro problem

It looks like there was a broken dll in this package, sorry about that. I repackaged the whole thing again. Run Update, you'll get diva-r18222-b. Let me know if you run into the same problem. Thanks.

Diva

On 3/3/2012 11:55 AM, Fokides Aegean wrote:

Hi all,

 

A couple of months ago I posted a message asking for help on how to play video and mp3 files in my regions (and not just in the SW region) while using the Diva distro.

After many trials and errors and mostly by chance, I was able to do so by doing the following:

1.       Create different regions as part of different estates

2.       Have as many RegionConfig.ini files as my regions

3.       Change CombineContiguousRegions to true in \bin\config-includeDivaPreferences.ini file (I think that did the trick)

 

All worked perfectly well up till the recent upgrade to diva-r18222. Now when I try to walk or fly from a region to another, opensim crashes (both OpenSim.32BitLaunch.exe and OpenSim.exe) with the following error(s):  

 

 

2012-03-03 20:56:53,700 ERROR - OpenSim.Application [APPLICATION]:

APPLICATION EXCEPTION DETECTED: System.UnhandledExceptionEventArgs

 

Exception: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.String OpenSim.Region.Framework.Scenes.ScenePresence.get_Firstname()'.

   at OpenSim.Region.CoreModules.Framework.EntityTransfer.EntityTransferModule.CrossAgentToNewRegionCompleted(IAsyncResult iar)

   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.AsyncResult.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)

   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, IMessageSink replySink)

   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.AgileAsyncWorkerItem.ThreadPoolCallBack(Object o)

   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallbackInternal(_ThreadPoolWaitCallback tpWaitCallBack)

   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback(Object state)

 

Application is terminating: True

 

 

The interesting thing is that if I teleport from a region to another, the application doesn’t crash, but that’s not a solution at all.

Is there a way to fix it or, more preferably, is there a way to play videos and mp3s without the changes I mentioned?

 

Thanks in advance for your replies

Manos   



_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users


_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users