Opensim 0.7 Hypergrid 1.5 Inventory Tesrting

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Opensim 0.7 Hypergrid 1.5 Inventory Tesrting

aiaustin
Easy on German Grid had been providing test items that I have been
trying to "take copy" of - the top level says this should be allowed,
though the contents all say no copy, no modify no transfer which may
make the object uncopyable.  But anyway, I am failing to be able to
copy items in my tests.

To set up a simple test... in the middle of
virtual.aiai.ed.ac.uk:8002:Openvue HG1.5 region (centred on my grid
at 1000,1000) I have placed two objects

a) a single primitive with name "Hypergrid Inventory Test Item - No
contents" just to check Hypernaunts can take an object and it appear
in their inventory.

b) a single primitive with name "Hypergrid Inventory Test Item - With
contents" with a chair object inside it, itself wit a sit script in
it.  To test contents of prims take are also transferred.

Please try to take copy of these, check they come into your inventory
(almost certainly into the "Objects" folder - not "My Suitcase" which
is just for items you are given by others on a foreign grid). Then,
please rezz the objects on your home grid if you get them and report back.

If anyone else has a region on HG1.5 within 4096,4096 of my own
centre of 1000,1000, Pease let me know, and place a test object
similarly if you can.

_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Opensim 0.7 Hypergrid 1.5 Inventory Tesrting

aiaustin
At 20:50 03/07/2010, Ai Austin wrote:

>Easy on German Grid had been providing test items that I have been
>trying to "take copy" of - the top level says this should be
>allowed, though the contents all say no copy, no modify no transfer
>which may make the object uncopyable.  But anyway, I am failing to
>be able to copy items in my tests.
>
>To set up a simple test... in the middle of
>virtual.aiai.ed.ac.uk:8002:Openvue HG1.5 region (centred on my grid
>at 1000,1000) I have placed two objects
>
>a) a single primitive with name "Hypergrid Inventory Test Item - No
>contents" just to check Hypernaunts can take an object and it appear
>in their inventory.
>
>b) a single primitive with name "Hypergrid Inventory Test Item -
>With contents" with a chair object inside it, itself wit a sit
>script in it.  To test contents of prims take are also transferred.
>
>Please try to take copy of these, check they come into your
>inventory (almost certainly into the "Objects" folder - not "My
>Suitcase" which is just for items you are given by others on a
>foreign grid). Then, please rezz the objects on your home grid if
>you get them and report back.
>
>If anyone else has a region on HG1.5 within 4096,4096 of my own
>centre of 1000,1000, Pease let me know, and place a test object
>similarly if you can.

I tested this to some extent myself too... I transferred a copy of
this item to a second avatar on my own grid, sent that second avatar
to German Grid and rezzed the object there.  I made sure the object
and its contents was full perms.  Then the original avatar visited
German Grid.  The simple no contents prim was "take copy" but the one
with contents did not even allow "Take Copy".  But even taking a copy
of the single prim with no contents, it did  not come into inventory.

Anyone have success with HG1.5 inventory acquisitions on a foreign grid yet?

I would like to try to test with another grid if anyone is reachable
from 1000,1000 in case we have a setup/config issue with either my
own grid or German Grid.

_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Opensim 0.7 Hypergrid 1.5 Inventory Tesrting

Master_Mirage
This post has NOT been accepted by the mailing list yet.
To me thats what i would expect from a security standpoint. If you did not have some sort of this going on. It would risk items being taken that were never ment to be taken. HG needs this type of content checking no matter how inconveant it may seem.

The other probem would be some forigen user droppen a bomb on your grid just because thay can.

So this all seems correct at this point in HG.

tnx



Our New Web Page
Http://www.TritonGrid.com
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Opensim 0.7 Hypergrid 1.5 Inventory Tesrting

Diva Canto
In reply to this post by aiaustin
This was a bug affecting permissions in general. There may be other bugs
of the same kind.
http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=4841

When encountering these issues, please test in a single standalone/grid
to simplify the problem. Thanks.


On 7/3/2010 1:01 PM, Ai Austin wrote:

> At 20:50 03/07/2010, Ai Austin wrote:
>> Easy on German Grid had been providing test items that I have been
>> trying to "take copy" of - the top level says this should be allowed,
>> though the contents all say no copy, no modify no transfer which may
>> make the object uncopyable.  But anyway, I am failing to be able to
>> copy items in my tests.
>>
>> To set up a simple test... in the middle of
>> virtual.aiai.ed.ac.uk:8002:Openvue HG1.5 region (centred on my grid
>> at 1000,1000) I have placed two objects
>>
>> a) a single primitive with name "Hypergrid Inventory Test Item - No
>> contents" just to check Hypernaunts can take an object and it appear
>> in their inventory.
>>
>> b) a single primitive with name "Hypergrid Inventory Test Item - With
>> contents" with a chair object inside it, itself wit a sit script in
>> it.  To test contents of prims take are also transferred.
>>
>> Please try to take copy of these, check they come into your inventory
>> (almost certainly into the "Objects" folder - not "My Suitcase" which
>> is just for items you are given by others on a foreign grid). Then,
>> please rezz the objects on your home grid if you get them and report
>> back.
>>
>> If anyone else has a region on HG1.5 within 4096,4096 of my own
>> centre of 1000,1000, Pease let me know, and place a test object
>> similarly if you can.
>
> I tested this to some extent myself too... I transferred a copy of
> this item to a second avatar on my own grid, sent that second avatar
> to German Grid and rezzed the object there.  I made sure the object
> and its contents was full perms.  Then the original avatar visited
> German Grid.  The simple no contents prim was "take copy" but the one
> with contents did not even allow "Take Copy".  But even taking a copy
> of the single prim with no contents, it did  not come into inventory.
>
> Anyone have success with HG1.5 inventory acquisitions on a foreign
> grid yet?
>
> I would like to try to test with another grid if anyone is reachable
> from 1000,1000 in case we have a setup/config issue with either my own
> grid or German Grid.
> _______________________________________________
> Opensim-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
>

_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Opensim 0.7 Hypergrid 1.5 Inventory Tesrting

Marck-2
I tried to copy the prims at virtual.aiai.ed.ac.uk:8002:Openvue, but never received the objects in my inventory.

I also tried to copy and buy the prims at dev.germangrid.de:8002, both with no success, i.e. I did not receive any objects in my inventory.

I do receive objects in "My Suitcase" which are given to me by vendors/objects at either of those two HyperGrid locations.

I tested this with a standalone using 0.7-post-fixes 863462d r/13206 which includes the latest change from Diva.

Diva Canto wrote:

> This was a bug affecting permissions in general. There may be other bugs
> of the same kind.
> http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=4841
>
> When encountering these issues, please test in a single standalone/grid
> to simplify the problem. Thanks.
>
>
> On 7/3/2010 1:01 PM, Ai Austin wrote:
>> At 20:50 03/07/2010, Ai Austin wrote:
>>> Easy on German Grid had been providing test items that I have been
>>> trying to "take copy" of - the top level says this should be allowed,
>>> though the contents all say no copy, no modify no transfer which may
>>> make the object uncopyable. But anyway, I am failing to be able to
>>> copy items in my tests.
>>>
>>> To set up a simple test... in the middle of
>>> virtual.aiai.ed.ac.uk:8002:Openvue HG1.5 region (centred on my grid
>>> at 1000,1000) I have placed two objects
>>>
>>> a) a single primitive with name "Hypergrid Inventory Test Item - No
>>> contents" just to check Hypernaunts can take an object and it appear
>>> in their inventory.
>>>
>>> b) a single primitive with name "Hypergrid Inventory Test Item - With
>>> contents" with a chair object inside it, itself wit a sit script in
>>> it. To test contents of prims take are also transferred.
>>>
>>> Please try to take copy of these, check they come into your inventory
>>> (almost certainly into the "Objects" folder - not "My Suitcase" which
>>> is just for items you are given by others on a foreign grid). Then,
>>> please rezz the objects on your home grid if you get them and report
>>> back.
>>>
>>> If anyone else has a region on HG1.5 within 4096,4096 of my own
>>> centre of 1000,1000, Pease let me know, and place a test object
>>> similarly if you can.
>>
>> I tested this to some extent myself too... I transferred a copy of
>> this item to a second avatar on my own grid, sent that second avatar
>> to German Grid and rezzed the object there. I made sure the object and
>> its contents was full perms. Then the original avatar visited German
>> Grid. The simple no contents prim was "take copy" but the one with
>> contents did not even allow "Take Copy". But even taking a copy of the
>> single prim with no contents, it did not come into inventory.
>>
>> Anyone have success with HG1.5 inventory acquisitions on a foreign
>> grid yet?
>>
>> I would like to try to test with another grid if anyone is reachable
>> from 1000,1000 in case we have a setup/config issue with either my own
>> grid or German Grid.

_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Opensim 0.7 Hypergrid 1.5 Inventory Tesrting

Dolma Dollinger
I copied soem items from virtual.aiai.ed.ac.uk:8002:Openvue. They all
appear in the "My Suticase" folder after a while.
I can Copy/Paste the individual items from "My Suitcase" to another
folder, I cant delete the subfolders from "my Suitcase however", Nor
can drag the folders in my inventory.
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Opensim 0.7 Hypergrid 1.5 Inventory Tesrting

aiaustin
In reply to this post by aiaustin
Okay Marck, I saw your note object saying you could not copy, and
that Melanie has made a patch to SVN 13206 that might fix this.  I am
now running SVN 13206, so can you please test take copy on the two
objects again at virtual.aiai.ed.ac.uk:8002:Openvue

_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Opensim 0.7 Hypergrid 1.5 Inventory Tesrting

Marck-2
Everything worked fine this time. I was able to take a copy of both objects (they went into "My Inventory/Objects"). I was also able to rez both at home and to unpack the contents of the box with the chair. The sit script in the chair did work as well.

Ai Austin wrote:
> Okay Marck, I saw your note object saying you could not copy, and that
> Melanie has made a patch to SVN 13206 that might fix this. I am now
> running SVN 13206, so can you please test take copy on the two objects
> again at virtual.aiai.ed.ac.uk:8002:Openvue

_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Opensim 0.7 Hypergrid 1.5 Inventory Tesrting

Marck-2
In reply to this post by Dolma Dollinger
Dolma Dollinger wrote:
> I copied soem items from virtual.aiai.ed.ac.uk:8002:Openvue. They all
> appear in the "My Suticase" folder after a while.
> I can Copy/Paste the individual items from "My Suitcase" to another
> folder, I cant delete the subfolders from "my Suitcase however", Nor
> can drag the folders in my inventory.

I observed the same. It appears as if "My Suitcase" works like the "OpenSim Library" folder with the exception that items can be added to "My Suitcase" when surfing the HyperGrid. But you cannot remove anything from them by means of the viewer.

Also, items directly worn or attached from "My Suitcase" are seemingly copied into "My Inventory". But after a re-log of the viewer, those items are gone from "My Inventory" although you are still wearing them. You must explicitly take a copy of the item in "My Suitcase" to make it persist in "My Inventory".

It would be more convenient if wearing or attaching an item from "My Suitcase" made this copy automatically and transparently. I don't know if this is the same behavior as with "OpenSim Library"; due to a lack of wearable or attachable items in the standard library I have never been confronted with this before.
 
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users