Opensim got voice

JaniP

Re: Opensim got voice

Tristan-2
I'll have to play with this later. This is awesome.

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 7:12 AM, Jani Pirkola <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi, good news: http://www.maxping.org/technology/platforms/open-simulator/voice-support-now-available-in-opensim.aspx

Jani

~Tristan

Re: Opensim got voice

James Stallings II
Question: does FreeSwitch require it's own server hardware? perhaps a better question is, does it require it's own server hardware to perform well?

Cheers!
James

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 10:04 AM, Tristan <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'll have to play with this later. This is awesome.

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 7:12 AM, Jani Pirkola <[hidden email]> wrote:

~Tristan

Re: Opensim got voice

Frisby, Adam

No, Teravus had it running on the same server as his simulator when we were testing it the other day.

Regards,

Adam

Re: Opensim got voice

Sacha Magne
another Q:
Do we need one FSwitch server per regionServer or one FS can handle several regions ?

thanks
Sacha

On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 4:58 AM, Frisby, Adam <[hidden email]> wrote:

No, Teravus had it running on the same server as his simulator when we were testing it the other day.

Regards,

Adam

Question: does FreeSwitch require it's own server hardware? perhaps a better question is, does it require it's own server hardware to perform well?

Cheers!

James

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 10:04 AM, Tristan <[hidden email]> wrote:

I'll have to play with this later. This is awesome.

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 7:12 AM, Jani Pirkola <[hidden email]> wrote:

~Tristan

http://K-grid.com
Just be cause it's Kool

Question: does FreeSwitch require it's own server hardware? perhaps a better question is, does it require it's own server hardware to perform well?

Cheers!

James

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 10:04 AM, Tristan <[hidden email]> wrote:

I'll have to play with this later. This is awesome.

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 7:12 AM, Jani Pirkola <[hidden email]> wrote:

~Tristan

http://K-grid.com
Just be cause it's Kool

dr dirk husemann ---- math & computer science ---- ibm zurich research lab
RL: [hidden email] - +41 44 724 8573 - http://www.zurich.ibm.com/~hud/
SL: [hidden email] --------------------- http://xyzzyxyzzy.net/

Re: Opensim got voice

Snoopy Pfeffer
I am currently testing a configuration with 10 sims on 2 servers sharing 1 freeswitch server. Till now it looks ok, but I saw that freeswitch is limited to 30 sessions, where one session seems to be needed for every user visiting my sims. This limit can be changed in the config file /usr/local/freeswitch/conf/autoload_configs/switch.conf.xml (<param name="sessions-per-second" value="30"/>).

Creating oar file from folder

Tom Willans
I am trying to generate a oar file based upon the folder from a
decompressed file. I am using the command

tar cvzf myoarfile.tar.gz * from with the folder itself ( this is now
readable).  What am I doing wrong?

11:37:55 - [ARCHIVER]: Could not find extension information in asset
path assets/ since it's missing the separator _.  Skipping
11:37:55 - [ARCHIVER]: Could not parse region settings file
settings/.  Ignoring.  Exception was System.Xml.XmlException:
Document element did not appear.  Line 1, position 1.
   at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.Read () [0x00000]
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read () [0x00000]
   at System.Xml.XmlReader.MoveToContent () [0x00000]
   at System.Xml.XmlReader.ReadStartElement (System.String name)
[0x00000]
   at
OpenSim.Framework.Serialization.External.RegionSettingsSerializer.Deseri
alize (System.String serializedSettings) [0x00000]
   at
OpenSim.Framework.Serialization.External.RegionSettingsSerializer.Deseri
alize (System.Byte[] serializedSettings) [0x00000]
   at
OpenSim.Region.CoreModules.World.Archiver.ArchiveReadRequest.LoadRegionS
ettings (System.String settingsPath, System.Byte[] data) [0x00000]
11:37:55 - [TERRAIN]: Unable to load heightmap, no file loader
available for that format.
11:37:55 - [ARCHIVER]: Error loading oar file. Exception was:
OpenSim.Region.CoreModules.World.Terrain.TerrainException: unable to
load heightmap from file terrains/: no loader available for that format
   at
OpenSim.Region.CoreModules.World.Terrain.TerrainModule.LoadFromStream
(System.String filename, System.IO.Stream stream) [0x00000]
   at
OpenSim.Region.CoreModules.World.Archiver.ArchiveReadRequest.LoadTerrain
  (System.String terrainPath, System.Byte[] data) [0x00000]
   at
OpenSim.Region.CoreModules.World.Archiver.ArchiveReadRequest.DearchiveRe
gion0DotStar () [0x00000]

I have also tried tar cvzf myoarfile.tar.gz oldoarfolder/ It  then
ignore all the folders within the oar file.

Thanks
Tom

Re: Creating oar file from folder

Willem Huisman
Not wanting to be a wisecrack here ... but ..,

shouldn't there be a '-'sign in front of your paramaters of the tar-command ?

I found out that using 'tar c folder archivename' just produces garbage .. :|

Willem Huisman wrote:
Not wanting to be a wisecrack here ... but ..,

shouldn't there be a '-'sign in front of your paramaters of the tar-command ?
no, that's not necessary with most tars.

I found out that using 'tar c folder archivename' just produces garbage .. :|
hmm, that should have been "tar cf archivename folder"

Re: Creating oar file from folder

Tom Willans
Thanks guys.

If I just enter tar -cf ( or tar cf my tar version accepts both, you do not strictly need the f either. ) it complains about not being in zip format. tar -czf or -czvf it can then read in the files i.e. it now knows about the folders assets etc.  The oar compression format is tar.gz.

Frustrating sometimes.
Tom

On 25 Apr 2009, at 13:32, dr scofield wrote:

Willem Huisman wrote:
[...]

Managing Director
Bessacarr Publications Ltd
3 Highfield, Hatton Park, Warwick, CV35 7TQ
+44 (0) 1926 402055   +44 (0) 121 288 0281
Registered in England and Wales at the above address.  Company No: 4925067. VAT No:GB 823 9317 24.

This e-mail is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Bessacarr Publications Ltd. If you are not the intended recipient you have received this e-mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. Please return it to the sender immediately. The contents of this message may be legally privileged.

Re: Creating oar file from folder

Christopher Yeoh-2
On Sat, 25 Apr 2009 12:00:55 +0100
Tom Willans <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am trying to generate a oar file based upon the folder from a
> decompressed file. I am using the command
>
> tar cvzf myoarfile.tar.gz * from with the folder itself ( this is now
> readable).  What am I doing wrong?

Try instead:

tar cvfz myoarfile.tar.gz */*

when you're in the directory.

This under most circumstances avoids including directory entries into the
archive. At one stage the dearchiver was made to be a bit more tolerant
of the input like that but the code appears to have regressed a bit.

Occasionally you'll have oar files with deeper directory hierarchies and you'll need
to firstly produce a file list and get send that to tar directly to avoid
all the directories being included in the archive.

Regards,

Chris.

> 11:37:55 - [ARCHIVER]: Could not find extension information in asset
> path assets/ since it's missing the separator _.  Skipping
> 11:37:55 - [ARCHIVER]: Could not parse region settings file
> settings/.  Ignoring.  Exception was System.Xml.XmlException:
> Document element did not appear.  Line 1, position 1.
>    at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.Read () [0x00000]
>    at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read () [0x00000]
>    at System.Xml.XmlReader.MoveToContent () [0x00000]
>    at System.Xml.XmlReader.ReadStartElement (System.String name)
> [0x00000]
>    at
> OpenSim.Framework.Serialization.External.RegionSettingsSerializer.Deseri
> alize (System.String serializedSettings) [0x00000]
>    at
> OpenSim.Framework.Serialization.External.RegionSettingsSerializer.Deseri
> alize (System.Byte[] serializedSettings) [0x00000]
>    at
> OpenSim.Region.CoreModules.World.Archiver.ArchiveReadRequest.LoadRegionS
> ettings (System.String settingsPath, System.Byte[] data) [0x00000]
> 11:37:55 - [TERRAIN]: Unable to load heightmap, no file loader
> available for that format.
> 11:37:55 - [ARCHIVER]: Error loading oar file. Exception was:
> OpenSim.Region.CoreModules.World.Terrain.TerrainException: unable to
> load heightmap from file terrains/: no loader available for that format
>    at
> OpenSim.Region.CoreModules.World.Terrain.TerrainModule.LoadFromStream
> (System.String filename, System.IO.Stream stream) [0x00000]
>    at
> OpenSim.Region.CoreModules.World.Archiver.ArchiveReadRequest.LoadTerrain
>   (System.String terrainPath, System.Byte[] data) [0x00000]
>    at
> OpenSim.Region.CoreModules.World.Archiver.ArchiveReadRequest.DearchiveRe
> gion0DotStar () [0x00000]
>
> I have also tried tar cvzf myoarfile.tar.gz oldoarfolder/ It  then
> ignore all the folders within the oar file.
>
> Thanks
> Tom

Christopher Yeoh <[hidden email]>

Re: Creating oar file from folder

John Hopkin
From memory - I tried this a while ago ...

By default, tar creates entries for the various directories
themselves, but "load oar" only accepts file-level entries.  I
couldn't work out how to change that behaviour in GNU tar, so I
created a file list and used that with the -T option.

John

Christopher Yeoh wrote:

> On Sat, 25 Apr 2009 12:00:55 +0100
> Tom Willans <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I am trying to generate a oar file based upon the folder from a
>> decompressed file. I am using the command
>>
>> tar cvzf myoarfile.tar.gz * from with the folder itself ( this is now
>> readable).  What am I doing wrong?
>
> Try instead:
>
> tar cvfz myoarfile.tar.gz */*
>
> when you're in the directory.
>
> This under most circumstances avoids including directory entries into the
> archive. At one stage the dearchiver was made to be a bit more tolerant
> of the input like that but the code appears to have regressed a bit.

Is this definitely the case right now?  From which I last effectively tested this (which wasn't that long ago), there
were no problem with directory entries in the tar.  If this is no longer the case then a bug report in Mantis with the
offending oar file attached would be much appreciated.

> Occasionally you'll have oar files with deeper directory hierarchies and you'll need
> to firstly produce a file list and get send that to tar directly to avoid
> all the directories being included in the archive.
>
> Regards,
>
> Chris.

Justin Clark-Casey
http://justincc.wordpress.com

Re: Creating oar file from folder

Christopher Yeoh-2
On Mon, 27 Apr 2009 19:26:43 +0100
Justin Clark-Casey <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > This under most circumstances avoids including directory entries into the
> > archive. At one stage the dearchiver was made to be a bit more tolerant
> > of the input like that but the code appears to have regressed a bit.
>
> Is this definitely the case right now?  From which I last effectively tested this (which wasn't that long ago), there
> were no problem with directory entries in the tar.  If this is no longer the case then a bug report in Mantis with the
> offending oar file attached would be much appreciated.

Definitely is the case right now (at least from yesterday's trunk). There used
to be a test in DearchiveRegion0DotStar that checked to see if the filetype
was a directory and to ignore it if that was the case.

I've been meaning to send a patch for a while as its been annoying me but I've been flat out.
If you look at the diff between r8857:8858 for OpenSim/Region/CoreModules/World/Archiver/ArchiveReadRequest.cs
you can see where the directory test was removed. Sorry for being vague, am not allowed to send a patch directly ;-)

Regards,

Chris
--
Christopher Yeoh <[hidden email]>

Re: Creating oar file from folder

Tom Willans
Thanks Christopher,

That seems to work fine ( provided I have not altered the contents - but that is something I need to check out further )

Regards
Tom

Christopher Yeoh wrote:

> On Mon, 27 Apr 2009 19:26:43 +0100
> Justin Clark-Casey <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> This under most circumstances avoids including directory entries into the
>>> archive. At one stage the dearchiver was made to be a bit more tolerant
>>> of the input like that but the code appears to have regressed a bit.
>> Is this definitely the case right now?  From which I last effectively tested this (which wasn't that long ago), there
>> were no problem with directory entries in the tar.  If this is no longer the case then a bug report in Mantis with the
>> offending oar file attached would be much appreciated.
>
> Definitely is the case right now (at least from yesterday's trunk). There used
> to be a test in DearchiveRegion0DotStar that checked to see if the filetype
> was a directory and to ignore it if that was the case.
>
> I've been meaning to send a patch for a while as its been annoying me but I've been flat out.
> If you look at the diff between r8857:8858 for OpenSim/Region/CoreModules/World/Archiver/ArchiveReadRequest.cs
> you can see where the directory test was removed. Sorry for being vague, am not allowed to send a patch directly ;-)

I know the feeling, I've been in that situation myself ;)

This should now be fixed in r9334 - I even extended the unit test to help make sure that it doesn't revert.

Cheers,