Opensim grid mode installation

දිනුක තිලංග
I tried opensim grid mode install in windows vista for enable drupal module which use for make wed interface in opensim.
I use more tutorial for grid mode installation.
In its first step, when start OpenSim.Grid.UserServer.exe I set default for all questions.
But after all pop some window for close the program.
I use mysql database which name has opensim. it has user root and null password.
So I edit following line in UserServer_Config.xml.
      database_connect="data source=localhost; database=drupalsim; user id=root; password=; pooling=false; port=3306;"
But I cant run OpenSim.Grid.UserServer.exe  file again.
Please help me for this problem.
Actually I want make web interface for opensim. I like use drupal module.
If anyone has video tutorial or post for OpenSim grid mode install, please give me.

thank you.
--
Dinuka Thilanga

Re: Opensim grid mode installation

Tedd Hansen-2

Hi

It would help greatly if you provide an error message.

When OpenSim crashes it will usually print a lot of information to the screen. This information allows us to see what is wrong so we can help you. J

Br,

Tedd

Re: Opensim grid mode installation

Chris Bloomfield
hi try changing the name of the database to opensim instead of drupalsim in UserServer_Config.xml

Re: Opensim grid mode installation

Oliver Guerino
Hi,
What's database server are you using?
I configured in grid mode and I didnt have problem.
I changed only files .ini( OpenSim.Server.ini and OpenSim.ini, etc...)
See the configuration pages http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Configuration

br,
Oliver

2010/5/12 Chris Bloomfield <[hidden email]>
hi try changing the name of the database to opensim instead of drupalsim in UserServer_Config.xml

Permissions

Mespelt, Don

My users have (no copy) (no modify) (no transfer) for object  properties no matter what they set the object settings to.  I’m running 0.6.8 across five servers and it has been good so far.  People are creating houses and what not.  I’m trying to use the edu-set ContentsGiver to hand out class notes and people are getting the “You are not allowed to view this note.”

Additionally – as I don’t want to abuse this list server (it’s great to follow what’s going on)  if there is a more appropriate source for help please let me know.

Re: Permissions

justincc
Mespelt, Don wrote:
> My users have (no copy) (no modify) (no transfer) for object  properties
> no matter what they set the object settings to.  I’m running 0.6.8
> across five servers and it has been good so far.  People are creating
> houses and what not.  I’m trying to use the edu-set ContentsGiver to
> hand out class notes and people are getting the “You are not allowed to
> view this note.”

Have you tried playing with the serverside_object_permissions switch in OpenSim.ini?  In theory, setting this to false should see these permissions not enforced (though I'm not sure how things will look in the ui).  If it's false you could also try setting it to true, since this should propogate permissions correctly (largely).

> Additionally – as I don’t want to abuse this list server (it’s great to
> follow what’s going on)  if there is a more appropriate source for help
> please let me know.

I think this is a fine place for user questions such as these, though you may also want to try other forums such as osgrid.org's

Re: Permissions

Karen Palen
I am not sure if this is related, but  am tryign to isoalte this same problem on the Meta7 grid. I have set up several items for sale and intend that the customer get copy, mod, no transfer perms.

I am an ordinary unprivileged user on thsi grid BTW.

In fact they seem to get almost a random combination for simple objects like wearables (full prems to no perms), complex objects like a prim hair always end up as no perms!

I am seeing this both in a sale of a boxed collectionr and in giving a similar boxed collection to another avatar. It seems to be related to the transfer rather than buying or selling.

A simple default cube can be transferred back and forth with no problem - 5 times is th emax so far.

Can anyone shed enough light on this so I can either make a Mantis report or fix the problem myself?

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 2:55 PM, Mespelt, Don <[hidden email]> wrote:

My users have (no copy) (no modify) (no transfer) for object  properties no matter what they set the object settings to.  I’m running 0.6.8 across five servers and it has been good so far.  People are creating houses and what not.  I’m trying to use the edu-set ContentsGiver to hand out class notes and people are getting the “You are not allowed to view this note.”

Additionally – as I don’t want to abuse this list server (it’s great to follow what’s going on)  if there is a more appropriate source for help please let me know.

Re: Permissions

Mespelt, Don

If I go to Inventory Item Properties – I am unable to check the ‘Allow anyone to copy’ box (it checks it but then goes back to blank).  If I request Admin Status I can check it but it doesn’t save when closing and reopening.  I can login as someone else and ‘take’ a copy of the box – then bring it out from that person’s inventory and read the contents.

Doesn’t make much sense.  (fun though, I love a challenge)

JCC – I have tried both setting on the serverside_object_permissions; turned off and on god mode… yada yada yada…  L

Re: Permissions

Karen Palen
A follow up on this problem.

I have just spent some time with Tom Meta of the M7 support team and we seem to have found the root of the problem.

I used Second Inventory to import these items from my private standalone sim where I do all of my builds.

It appears that Second Inventory generates bad perm fields when it imports objects and this causes problems with the perms in world when the object is rezzed, transferred etc.

The work around is to rez the object and then take the object using the M7 (or equivalent) viewer - this fixes the problem about 80% of the time. For wearable objects (e.g. hair) this requires that you redo the attachment point. :-(

If I try to backup the imported objects from Meta 7 into SI, it exports fine. However I am unable to re-import the item to Meta 7 or elsewhere due to copyright (permissions?) errors - even to the same M7 account that I used for the backup!.

This was not a huge problem before the SL TPV policy, but perms checking is now much more aggressive than it once was even for stuff that never uses Second Life!

I have put in a bug report to Second Inventory, please see their website for more information.

Karen

Mespelt, Don wrote:

> If I go to Inventory Item Properties – I am unable to check the ‘Allow
> anyone to copy’ box (it checks it but then goes back to blank).  If I
> request Admin Status I can check it but it doesn’t save when closing and
> reopening.  I can login as someone else and ‘take’ a copy of the box –
> then bring it out from that person’s inventory and read the contents.
>

> Doesn’t make much sense.  (fun though, I love a challenge)
>

> JCC – I have tried both setting on the serverside_object_permissions;
> turned off and on god mode… yada yada yada…  L

Hi Don.  I'm afraid you might be out of luck here.  I believe that I actually implemented "allow anyone to copy" quite recently as a side effect of implementing "share with group".  Unfortunately, this would have been too recent to make it into 0.6.9 (let alone 0.6.8).