Quantcast

Opensim support for spatial voice with Freeswitch

Opensim support for spatial voice with Freeswitch

rajeswari
Hi,

Does Opensim support spatial voice with Freeswitch?
If so please suggest the settings.

Got some settings like  “Use a private spatial channel”,  “Use the estate spatial channel" from http://zaki.asia/2009/04/28/freeswitch-module-in-opensim/
But these settings seems to be outdated.

Please suggest

Thanks
Rajeswari.R

Re: Opensim support for spatial voice with Freeswitch

enauman
Freeswitch does not provide spatial voice. There is no way to improve the quality of freeswitch voice that I know of.

Erik

Re: Opensim support for spatial voice with Freeswitch

Teravus Ovares
My understanding is that each parcel could be in it's own channel or use the main region freeswitch channel.    Now, that doesn't mean that it's actually 'spacial'.  Just a separate channel.

Teravus

On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 8:04 PM, enauman <[hidden email]> wrote:

Freeswitch does not provide spatial voice. There is no way to improve the
quality of freeswitch voice that I know of.

Erik

Re: Opensim support for spatial voice with Freeswitch

rajeswari
Thanks for the replies.

Is there any other way to achieve spatial voice with any other product. Please suggest.

Thanks
Rajeswari.R

Re: Opensim support for spatial voice with Freeswitch

Jeroen van Veen
Yes,

the mumble/murmur combination works well for this, but you will need the naali
viewer/taiga server for this to work. There was a discussion about
whisper(mumble for ll-based client) a while ago, but that software was never
released so far.

kind regards,

Jeroen

That's exactly what I set up for a project with students where they have to use voice in small separate groups. They work on their own regions in a diva distro serverless grid configuration and each freeswitch voice channel is bounded by each region. It works well, though one interesting thing that happens is it's hard to monitor who is accessing the voice service in the freeswitch console because once an avatar leaves its login region and picks up the voice channel in the next region freeswitch identifies them by their UUID rather than their avatar name.

Re: Opensim support for spatial voice with Freeswitch

rajeswari

what extra modules are needed  apart from mentioned in site :
http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Mumble

Thanks,
Rajeswari.R

Re: Opensim support for spatial voice with Freeswitch

Olli Aro
Administrator
Yes no idea what happened to whisper... :)

But looking Mumble, integrating it seems pretty straight forward. Maybe it could be as easy as modifying SLVoice accordingly?

But difficult to say since I cannot find source code for this to have a look.

Rajeswari: You wrote that the source code is available at http://www.vivox.com/open/. I can only see binary downloads and a written promise to release the source code one day in future. Where did you find the source code?

If we do manage to locate the source code and licensing for modifying it for Mumble is ok, anyone else on this list interested to kickstart a proper open source project in order to get this sorted?

I, for sure, would be interested in contributing any way possible. We really need to get the voice sorted. After that has been sorted and SL viewer 2 is fully working we have a great product here.

Regards,

Olli

Re: Opensim support for spatial voice with Freeswitch

rajeswari
Hi Olli,

I thought source code is available at http://www.vivox.com/open/

Actully i was referring to code that is saw in an open source Second Life-compatible viewer "http://snowglobeproject.org/".
Not sure whether this helps.

Thanks,
Rajeswari.R

Re: Opensim support for spatial voice with Freeswitch

The Radegast viewer also contains some Vivox connection code -
http://radegastclient.org/wp/