Operation of Hypergrid suitcase

Karen Palen
As I understand it, the purpose of the Suitcase is to prevent a foreign
"rogue" grid from stealing your inventory while you are visiting.

Has anyone set down what should happen when you acquire items in a
foreign grid?

Recently I visited OSGrid by Hypergrid from my private sim and obtained
several freebie items. They were placed in My Suitcase, and it seems
that I can only copy the ones with copy permission when I return to my
home grid! Worse yet, I am unable to delete anything from the folder.

Is this intended?

How SHOULD one visit a foreign grid and obtain/purchase things?

Karen

Re: Operation of Hypergrid suitcase

lppallew
Karen Palen wrote
As I understand it, the purpose of the Suitcase is to prevent a foreign
"rogue" grid from stealing your inventory while you are visiting.

Has anyone set down what should happen when you acquire items in a
foreign grid?

Recently I visited OSGrid by Hypergrid from my private sim and obtained
several freebie items. They were placed in My Suitcase, and it seems
that I can only copy the ones with copy permission when I return to my
home grid! Worse yet, I am unable to delete anything from the folder.

Is this intended?

How SHOULD one visit a foreign grid and obtain/purchase things?

Karen

Has anyone figured this out yet?

Wayne

Re: Operation of Hypergrid suitcase

Shaun T. Erickson
My understanding is that manipulating this folder is a WiFi feature. I personally go in and move them to my regular inventory by directly editing the database, but if you try it, please back up your database first. :-)

-ste