Options for importing terrain

Doug Lundin
Hi all,

I'm looking for various options of importing real terrain into OpenSim.

I'm aware of the terrain tiles approach described by Darb Dabney and others (http://www.virtualwhite.com/?p=100) which may be the same as using terrain load as described here http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Tweaking.

That approach is fine for seldom changing terrain. But what if the requirement is to support dynamic terrain? Is there any way to programmatically pull terrain from a server, such as GeoServer?

Thanks!

Quick Question- Console commands in chat?

Skidz Tweak

I been playing around the last couple days with the Diva Distro.. Thanks Diva.. and was wondering…

Is there a way for an administrator to issue console commands in chat? I searched around for an answer but..no luck..

Re: Options for importing terrain

SuperMel
Hi All,

I was wondering if there is a way to load a terrain from in-world rather than using the server side commands?  We have some students who want to do something similar to http://www.virtualwhite.com/?p=100 but do not have access to the server console.

Thanks :)