Our funding was just cancelled

Maureen Damery

The Greenlee Foundation just informed us of the cancellation of funding for our educational project to facilitate the use of SLOODLE in OpenSim.
This funding was critical for the successful completion of our project. We cannot afford to pay for the servers we use for this project!
And everyone, our project and our students, are losing out because of some malicious prank by OpenSim developers.
You have no idea how much damage your stunt has done.

Maureen Damery
Sloodle OpenSim project
11005 NE 124th Ln
Kirkland, WA 98034

Re: Our funding was just cancelled

Teravus Ovares
I'm sorry to hear that.

I'm sure you've seen the steady stream of 'dont using SVN for
production' letters.

As I've said before, the best that can be offered is an assurance that
OpenSimulator will follow a predictable course.

A joke on April 1 in the developer's and Tester's SVN, that's quite
predictable.    But, obviously, it won't happen in releases and..
well, any other time then April 1st.

You may be able to take that back to your funding provider based on
our past history.

Sincerely

Teravus

On 4/1/09, Maureen Damery <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The Greenlee Foundation just informed us of the cancellation of funding for
> our educational project to facilitate the use of SLOODLE in OpenSim.
> This funding was critical for the successful completion of our project. We
> cannot afford to pay for the servers we use for this project!
> And everyone, our project and our students, are losing out because of some
> malicious prank by OpenSim developers.
> You have no idea how much damage your stunt has done.
>
> Maureen Damery
> Sloodle OpenSim project
> 11005 NE 124th Ln
> Kirkland, WA 98034

Re: Our funding was just cancelled

BlueWall Slade
Hello!

I am really sad to hear this, as I have worked very hard over the past couple of weeks to port the Sloodle objects over to OpenSim. We had the first class in OpenSim using the Sloodle tools last Saturday. And it looks to be very promising. I'm sad that you and your organization will be missing out on so much. Because the Sloodle tools will really find a home here in OpenSim with the advanced scripting and open codebase we have to work with. But, really I think that if

      1) you are reluctant to follow the guidelines for deploying production grids with the appropriate tagged releases
      2) are determined to place the blame for your own folly on others
      3) let a couple of bumps cause you to quit
      4) just forgot to have fun....

you were probably destined to fail to start with.

Sorry if this seems harsh, but I have too much appreciation for the development team and the code they produce. And I have heard this drivel all day long, and I'm really sick of it. Good luck...

Sincerely,
BlueWall

On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 7:32 PM, Maureen Damery <[hidden email]> wrote:

The Greenlee Foundation just informed us of the cancellation of funding for our educational project to facilitate the use of SLOODLE in OpenSim.
This funding was critical for the successful completion of our project. We cannot afford to pay for the servers we use for this project!
And everyone, our project and our students, are losing out because of some malicious prank by OpenSim developers.
You have no idea how much damage your stunt has done.

Maureen Damery
Sloodle OpenSim project
11005 NE 124th Ln
Kirkland, WA 98034